FBA commingled products

Does anybody see the benefit to allowing commingling of FBA products?

Potentially less work in labeling the products.

No.

It’s nothing but a nightmare.

Funky

>
The only potential benefit is when there are multiple sellers shipping their inventory around the country and that inventory helps to fulfill orders from the closest warehouse rather than shipping to that warehouse first. That just benefits the customers and does not really benefit the seller.

This generally only works for shrink-wrapped items that are not expensive that can obviously be determined as new and unopenned that are not easily counterfeited.

There are many items that do not work. Problems can result when your good inventory gets mixed with counterfeit from other sellers.

Dave

Hi there, MiddleSource

Thanks for coming to Seller Forums with your concern. I see you’ve received some really great input from some of our experienced sellers.

Utilizing the Stickerless, Commingled option for your FBA listings can save you a bit on labeling your products (if they are already UPC labeled), but please keep in mind that, should you choose to create [Stickerless, Commingled|https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200243180#requirements] listings for your products, your eligible units will be treated as identical to units of the same product from other sellers who have also enabled Stickerless, Commingled Inventory. Your exact unit will be indistinguishable from other units of the same type. This means that buyers of your commingled units may not receive the exact unit you shipped to Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers. This also means that you may not receive your exact unit back when a customer returns it to the fulfillment center.

Choosing Stickerless, Commingled or Labeled Inventory is certainly a business decision for a seller to make. However, using Labeled Inventory certainly provides you with more control of product quality and can lead to less potential issues regarding the products received by buyers of your listed products. The benefit of choosing to ship your FBA products as Labeled Inventory is that the units shipped specifically by you as a seller are labeled with an FBA label, unique to your listing. This FNSKU label designates that the product belongs to you and eliminates the risk of units from another seller being used to fulfill your orders.

I hope this additional information is helpful, but please feel free to respond with any other questions you might have. I’ll be happy to help you out however I can.

-Scotty

Thanks for all your responses. After giving careful consideration to the pros and cons, I think I will choose to label my products for the sake of quality control. We have a great product and good customer relationships, but since I have received so many returns, and especially those with someone else’s label on them, I would rather take the extra time to label and know that the product that I sell can be depended upon to be that which I have listed and not another.

closed #7