Suspended Account - $2Million Year Seller

Hi everyone, we got an email saying our selling privileges were removed.

We are a high volume seller with 57,114 orders since 2013. We are a team of 10 people, some part-time, some full-time. We did $1.7MM last year and was on track to do $3MM this year.

We have 98% feedback, our rating is 100 of 100. We have 4.9 Stars out of 5 Feedback with 3440 ratings.

0.19% ODR. 99.23% on time deliveries. We work hard to keep our Customer Metrics near perfect.

Today we got this -

Hello,

We are contacting you today to advise that your listings have been suspended and are currently unavailable for sale. You may not sell on Amazon.com until further notice.

We took this action because it has come to our attention that despite our earlier warnings to you, you have continued to list against detail pages that do not accurately describe your items or are not in accordance with our Condition Guidelines. Here are some examples of your listings that we believe violate this policy:

ASIN: B001H55MQY California Exotics Endless Pleasure

As stated in our policies, products offered by sellers must be listed on a product detail page that accurately describes the product in all respects. This includes, among other aspects, brand, manufacturer, UPC, edition, binding, quantity, version, color and condition. Our policies also require sellers to classify their items in accordance with our Condition Guidelines. You cannot list an item that does not match the detail page even if you describe the differences in your comments. If an appropriate detail page is not available for your item, you are welcome to create a page for it using our Create A Detail Page service.

Your account is still partially accessible to you. If you still have items to ship, please take appropriate steps to resolve your pending sales.

If you would like your account considered for reinstatement, please provide us with a detailed account of what steps you will take to ensure your listings comply with our Policies.

Also Respond to this message and include the following:

1. Copies of invoices or receipts from your supplier issued in the last 180 days. These should reflect your sales volume during that time.
  2. Your supplier’s contact information including name, phone number, address, and website.
  3. Any additional details you would like us to know.

You can remove pricing information, but make sure the rest of the document is visible. You can send us a pdf, jpg, png, or gif file.

For information on creating and submitting your plan of action search on “Appeal the Removal of Selling Privileges” in seller Help.
If you do not submit a viable plan within 17 days, we may cancel your listings and hold any funds in your seller account for up to 90 days.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team

I looked into that ASIN and found that there was an ASIN merge on December 23. See my initial appeal to this suspension below

Hello Seller Performance Team!

Thank you for your email, I am happy to provide any information you ask of me.

I looked at our history of orders for B001H55MQY and found several orders in 2014.

Our first sale was Aug 25, 2014 - 115-6755737-7139410. This went smoothly.

December 23rd we got an email from Amazon - “Amazon.com ASIN Merge Notification” (see attached copy of email). On line 3 of this email it stated that the ASIN had been merged and the product details had changed.

Unfortunately, we did not immediately verify that the retained ASIN correctly identified the product we were selling. It did not.

3 Days after the ASIN Merge email, we sold this ASIN a number of times:

Dec 26, 2014 - Order ID
Dec 26, 2014 - Order ID
Dec 26, 2014 - Order ID
Dec 26, 2014 - Order ID
Dec 28, 2014 - Order ID
Dec 28, 2014 - Order ID
Dec 28, 2014 - Order ID

We have not sold any more since.

When the ASIN was merged, the product detail changed. We wrongly sent the old product (which did not match the new description) and customers received the wrong item. Customers contacted us and we shipped them the correct item immediately.

We then updated our internal inventory management system with the correct SKU. We have not sold any more since.

Here is our plan of action to avoid an error like this again:

1. Upon receiving an “ASIN Merge Notification” - immediately close/suspend our availability for that ASIN to avoid shipping errors.
  2. Immediately check every merged ASIN to see if our item matches the new information.
  3. If the item is different, take action to update our inventory management and ship the correct item for future orders.
  4. If the item is the same, we will continue to sell it

I cannot express how sorry I am that we didn’t check this ASIN merge immediately. We do check them, but in this case it wasn’t done quickly enough. I will put process’s in place that check these ASIN Merges within minutes/hours of arriving.

I know it is no excuse, but in the heat of the Christmas season on December 23rd, we didn’t take action quickly enough to check this ASIN merge… So these shipping mistakes were made. I’m so sorry for that, it will not happen again.

If you need them, below are references to the invoices for the correct items we shipped to these customers. Copies of these invoices are attached to this email.

ORDER DATE - AMAZON ORDER ID - INVOICE NUMBER - ITEM LOCATION

Aug 25, 2014 - Order ID - Invoice ID - Page 4, Line 2
Dec 26, 2014 - Order ID - Invoice ID - Page 7, Line 5
Dec 26, 2014 - Order ID - Invoice ID - Page 9, Line 23
Dec 26, 2014 - Order ID - Invoice ID - Page 9, Line 23
Dec 28, 2014 - Order ID - Invoice ID - Page 9, Line 23

Here are the contact details for the distributor for this product

SUPPLIERS DETAILS

As the owner of the company, I am so so sorry that we let this ASIN Merge go un-checked for so long. I can assure you that we will immediately check accuracy of ASINs in the ASIN Merge emails in the future. There will be no delay in checking an ASINs accuracy after a merge.

I look forward to hearing from you. If you need any further information please let me know.

Thank you for the privilege of selling on Amazon.com

Got a canned response within 8 hours - see below

Hello,

We appreciate the information you have provided. However, a review of your account indicates you have listed against detail pages that do not accurately describe your items or are not in accordance with our Condition Guidelines.

As stated in our policies, products offered by sellers must be listed on a product detail page that accurately describes the product in all respects. This includes, among other aspects, brand, manufacturer, UPC, edition, binding, quantity, version, color and condition. Our policies also require sellers to classify their items in accordance with our Condition Guidelines.

For more information, please search on “Prohibited Seller Activities and Actions,” “Product Detail Page Rules,” and “Condition Guidelines” in Seller Help.

Before we can consider reinstatement of your selling privileges, please provide us with a detailed account of the steps you will take to ensure your listings comply with our policies. We will then review your plan and determine whether to reinstate your privileges.

For information on creating and submitting your plan, search on “Appeal the Removal of Selling Privileges” in seller Help.

We look forward to hearing from you.

No extra details… I guess this is telling me that I hadn’t figured out what I did wrong, and try again…?

So I looked into every order for this product and read every correspondence from every customer.

In every case, we sent the correct item to all of our customers.

However, I now remember that we ran out of stock and still have one more to ship. So we used Amazon Prime to ship it, using our own money. I didn’t realize that activity was prohibited until I started reading these forums today. We only did this in extreme circumstances, very very rarely, and not since this instance.

Since the last response from Amazon, I realize that my time here is running out. So I need to figure out what it is that we did wrong… I hope you can all help.

I would like to address the line in the initial suspension email that says “despite our earlier warnings to you”… I have had warnings that have asked me to review certain listings… See one below

Hello from Amazon.

We wanted to let you know that we have received a potential customer complaint regarding
the item you are offering below. It is possible that the item you are selling does not match the
product description shown on the detail page or may not have been listed in accordance with
our Condition Guidelines:

ASIN: **
Title: **

Please note that at this time, no action has been taken to remove your offer on this item and
you do not need to contact us regarding this notice. However, we ask that you review your
listings and make any changes necessary to comply with our policies. You can modify your
listings in the Inventory section of Seller Central
(https://sellercentral.amazon.com/myi/search/OpenListingsSummary).

Customers may complain when they receive an item different from what they were expecting
based on the product detail page - and our policies require that items offered for sale on
Amazon.com match the detail page in every respect and be listed in accordance with the
Condition Guidelines. Problems may include inaccurately listing the brand, manufacturer, UPC,
edition, binding, quantity, version, color, and condition.

Finally, please note that you cannot list an item that does not match the product detail page
even if you describe the differences in the comments. If an appropriate detail page is not
available for your product, you are welcome to create a product detail page by using our
“Create A Detail Page” service.

We want to call your attention to these policies because violations may result in the removal of
your Amazon.com selling privileges. To learn more about these policies, search “Prohibited
Seller Activities and Actions”, “Product Detail Page Rules”, and “Condition Guidelines” in Seller
Central Help.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.com.

We reviewed it, we were sending the correct item, NEW, nothing altered, absolutely original, direct from the manufacturer.

We had 5 of these since September 2014, and in every case, we were sending the correct item. The notification said “Please note that at this time, no action has been taken to remove your offer on this item and you do not need to contact us regarding this notice.”

So I didn’t contact them. I didn’t have the items removed from our inventory either.

Perhaps this was my failing…? Should I have emailed a response to their notification? With invoices from my Distributors?

I guess maybe I should have removed these things from my inventory too… even if we were sending the correct item.

I had a few “Restricted Product Removals” too… But stupid things, like them saying some Bubble Bath was a Prescription Drug. I write to them regarding all of these, because I don’t want them thinking that we are selling Restricted products… In almost every case, they came back to us and said that we could re-list these products.

I’m preparing my next appeal letter.

Should I include the purchase of that product from Amazon.com Prime that we shipped to a customer? I just didn’t want to let her down… And I didn’t mind making a loss to fix our mistake.

I know it has to be short and to the point. But it’s hard to pin down the precise wrong-doing…

Any advice please

Edited by: Smashy on May 9, 2015 7:07 PM

Why do you feel the need to tell us how much is sales you did or how many people you hire? Do you think you should get extra considerations or just want to make sure us lowly small volume sellers don’t chime?

What condition notes do you typically add to the item?
Do you sell used items or are all your items new?

The information you gave us might be a pat on your back, but we need information on what you sell, and the condition notes you include.

Sounds like Endless Pleasure was not Endlessly Guaranteed somehow after all.

There are hundreds and hundreds of threads just like yours.

Take your pick and use the best advice from the closest one.

I write no condition notes.

When I first stared I would write “Ships Discreetly”

All items are new. They have to be in the Heath and Beauty categories. It is a requirement.

Everything we sent was new. In retail packaging. Always.

+Why do you feel the need to tell us how much is sales you did or how many people you hire? Do you think you should get extra considerations or just want to make sure us lowly small volume sellers don’t chime?+

I’m really sorry, I was just trying to demonstrate that we are experienced ecommerce sellers. It seems like a lot of the suspension threads here are people who were making rookie mistakes, in their first few months of their seller account.

I wasn’t trying to alienate anyone at all, sorry. I was just trying to paint a picture of the situation.

Thanks for your reply Guardian1. I truly appreciate your words and I agree completely.

We only sold items that were shipped direct from a manufacturer or a distributor. New, perfect, never before sold, direct from the manufacturer/distributor.

I sent invoices of my purchases in the first appeal email I sent. These were distributor and manufacturer invoices - relating to the ASIN they asked about in the suspension letter. These were new items and we have never sold anything other than NEW items.

Everything we sold was new. New New New. Shipped direct from distributors. And not fly-by-night distributors. The biggest names in North America.

Finally, the only thing we ever wrote in the Condition Notes was “Shipped with discrete return address and packaging”.

Our items always matched the ASIN. We might have had a delay in checking a few ASIN merge emails… But I covered that above in my first post. This was the subject of my first appeal letter. This wasn’t what they were looking for.

Hi samehere

I mean that the return address on the packages we shipped was a PO Box. Not something that would give away the contents.

The boxes were plain brown.

Discreet :slight_smile:

From the countless of threads about the “condition notes” issue whether that be a policy violation, warning or suspension, I surmised that sellers should just stop using “Condition Notes” when the product is new. Condition Notes box is not meant for new products; it is not a place to advertize, it is not a place to state shipping conditions; it is not a place for anything if the product is new. Stop using that box.

+“Shipped with discrete return address and packaging”+

Could this have been it? It was shipped with separate return address from the package (which doesn’t make sense) ???

Or, do you mean “discreet” as in “inconspicuous”??

For this item I wrote “Shipped with discrete return address and packaging” in the condition notes.

All items have to be new in the Health and Wellness category, you can’t list anything else.

About 20% of our inventory items had this in the condition notes. The rest were blank and were all being sold NEW

The one thing we can tel you is this: Amazon doesn’t want to suspend a seller. They will give you every opportunity they can if you make minor mistakes that do not harm their customers or cause too many of them to complain and they prove the complaint is valid with factual proof. But they will suspend you if you are sending or selling counterfeit, look-alikes, pallet items that are damaged and you sell them as new in the Health and Beauty categories. Look at it from their point of view:

Health and beauty is a clean category, no room for error. If a customer gets expired products, almost expired products, fake products, out of date products, dirty products, blemished products, second rate products, defective products…

That is curb service. You insult their customer with not as described, you waste that customers time, Amazon’s time, Amazon’s employees time. This isn’t a thrift store, this is Amazon and people that buy these want it to work exactly as decribed and shown on the page. If they buy a Brand Name and some cheap unmarked crap from China’s third factory arrives, you get curb service.

Finally, please note that you cannot list an item that does not match the product detail page
even if you describe the differences in the comments.

More and more sellers are getting dinged for condition notes that have nothing to do with condition.

On that particular item, I notice about 70% of your competitors leave the condition notes field blank. Possibly one of them turned you in.

There was another seller on the boards recently that was doing a similar volume. He was suspended for the same thing. He had ~11,000 skus. He had to delete them all and start again. You may have to do the same.

I think your first appeal was off topic and way too complicated and long.

Concentrate on what you have been faulted on. Do not argue it. Do not excuse it. Do non explain it and don’t worry about if it happened that way or not.

Accept what the charges are. Concentrate bullet points explaining how you will prevent those things from happening again. That is what they want to hear. How you recognize your errors, what you have learned/read and how you corrected the issue. nothing else matters.

The problem with your appeal, as I see it, is that you only talked about the specific problem that you were aware of, which was the ASIN merge, rather than addressing what Amazon has described, rightly or wrongly, as an overall problem:

>you have continued to list against detail pages that do not accurately describe your items or are not in accordance with our Condition Guidelines.

So you need to respond with an overall answer, not an answer specific to what you think the issue was.

What was missing from your initial appeal was a blanket "We have reviewed all of our listings to ensure that the items listed exactly match the catalog pages on which they are listed. Going forward, we will review any new inventory listings to make sure that they exactly match the catalog pages on which they are listed. We will also " and then something like what you said about the ASIN merges.

You said:

>But it’s hard to pin down the precise wrong-doing…

That’s exactly what you don’t want to do. They want to know that as an overall enterprise you are taking steps to make sure this sort of thing doesn’t happen – and not just for ASIN merges, but ever. They want to know how you’re going to do that.

Also, if you got five “product doesn’t match description” emails, which we get once in a blue moon and generally only in response, we believe, to customers complaining directly to Amazon, you might either drop those products or try to figure out how you can get customers to understand what they are buying. (You don’t have to mention that in your appeal, however).

bunga bunga!

> {quote:title=Smashy }
> We only sold items that were shipped direct from a manufacturer or a distributor. New, perfect, never before sold, direct from the manufacturer/distributor.
>
>
> Everything we sold was new. New New New. *Shipped direct from distributors. * And not fly-by-night distributors. The biggest names in North America.
>
>

Are you dropshipping?

When you say invoices, do you mean reciept?

Biggest names in north america?

As in walmart and costco?

It seems like amazon is cracking down on dropshippers and any other sorts of arbitrage.

Edited by: Imaginary Friend on May 10, 2015 6:30 AM

If you are selling sex toys, they go in sexual wellness, not health or beauty. Sounds like you’ve been selling in the wrong category (which would explain your suspension). Please don’t argue that everyone else is doing it, that’s irrelevant. If you have anything of a sexual nature in health or beauty, there is your problem.

Health & Personal Care › Sexual Wellness › Adult Toys & Games › Sex Toys › Vibrators

You are right though. Apparently I could list B001H55MQY although I never requested approval for those kinds of items.

Amazon Direct lists on that page also.

Hi Marilyn’s Attic,

We rarely created any listings… maybe 0.1% of our listings we created. And we put the ones we created in the correct category.

Our un-gating request for sexual wellness was approved before we sold anything, back in 2013.

I was just being general when I said “health and beauty”. We did also sell other health and beauty items, groceries, clothing. But 80% of our items were sexual wellness products - in the sexual wellness category.

We did list on existing ASINs, sometimes these were mis-categorized by the person whoever created it (NOT US).

So… we shouldn’t have added our offer on existing ASINs that were in an incorrect category?

But the example they gave WAS in the correct category… And so were the other 5 I had previous notifications about.

I don’t have a problem adding that to my list of “things we did wrong” in our next appeal. But in that case, it is going to be real easy to remove all my competition.

Like I wrote, Amazon direct lists on that page, so what problem did they have with your listing?