Amazons mistreatment of its sellers?

Hello,
Are we the lone wolf out here in sellers land???We are being and have been very badly treated by Amazon the bully in the schoolyard.The Goliath against poor David. We have constantly gotten rave reviews but, sadly some of the “Craigslist” ilk has spilled over when they found out That the A to Z guarantee allows them to get away with murder and have the costs born by sellers who can least afford these hits. I am talking about out and out lying,fraud,damaged items returned and Amazon turns a deaf ear to it.We have had to file a small claims court petition against Amazon to right what we feel it a wrong and certainly a breach of our contractual agreement.We must be honest in that we have never seen the document even after repeated requests for Amazon to send us a copy for review. The so called “Seller Support” Are anything but,supportive.They are not even Americans who need jobs but,people in India,and the Philippines.When you call them they are barely discernible as their English is atrocious. Please respond to our query as we need to know how many other sellers are being abused in this way???

these kind of things usually happen in electronics, if you are not in that category then something is off, take a neutral look at the most complain you get and see if you can change something in your process to correct that.

Amazon will stand with buyers, so the best way to beat the system is to not give the buyers a chance to complain by providing excellent service before they even complain, just to shut them up.

And also, Amazon is not the kid who bully’s everyone, Amazon is the evil principal who looks at bullies and turn a blind eye while he is at the back office counting cash and buying inventory lol

Also, you shouldn’t go around sueing amazon and expect to be treated fairly, you might be targeted, also you dont need seller support to help you fix problems, you just have to figure it out for yourself, you only call them when you know exactly what you want and tell them to do it.

Are you selling electronics. I hear that they seem to have the most fraudster buyers. I don’t know because I don’t sell them. But my amount of fraudulent buyers is so low it doesn’t even really affect me. Are you sure you aren’t making mistakes with your listings?

edit to add - I have found that most sellers with your type of complaints are mis-catergorizing, incorrectly grading, not providing quality customer service, or generally giving the rest of us sellers a bad name.

Also, You can’t offer “full and immediate refunds” to customers in exchange for feedback removal. There could be a problem if you are doing this. If you offer someone a refund in exchange for feedback removal and they report you, you could be in hot water.

They don’t have a “choice” to make. You either refund them or you don’t. You can request that they consider removing feedback and then issue a full refund, but to hold the refund conditionally is against Amazon policy.

Also, once you ship a package it is not “out of your hands”. Once the order reaches the customers hands is the point at which it is “out of your hands”.

Why did they suspend your account?? You can post the Suspension Letter and give us an idea, I am sure they had a reason (were you selling counterfeit records or CDs?)…

Paul.

First, not sure how much sympathy you will get with your endeavors, but if you want to review the “contractual agreement” you signed with Amazon when you established your account, they are readily available from the help pages:

• [Participation Agreement|http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=1161302&qid=1403903737&sr=1-1]
  • [Changes to the Participation Agreement|http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-2?ie=UTF8&nodeId=537792&qid=1403903737&sr=1-2]
    For me, I do not feel abused. After years of selling on Amazon, there are many policies and practices for which will allow you to succeed. Learning the nuances of Amazon, its customer types, reading the help pages, reviewing these forums and being engaged with buyers will provide the tools any seller with quality products and good pricing models will need to succeed.

As much fault as Seller Support has, and the clear rise in the number of claims being submitted, those sellers that follow rules and polices and provide a customer experience that exceeds normal expectations do not have nearly the number of issues and problems as those sellers that do not.

Having a negative experience and learning from it is what distinguishes a good company from a great one. Look at challenges and issues as a learning opportunity instead of looking to direct blame to others. Your efforts will be rewarded with future success.

Good luck with your court case.

Wow. Ok couple of things. While I agree that there are some issues that Amazon needs to work on with regard to seller support, a-z claims after long periods of time, missing packages that are through no fault of your own but can have negative feedbacks left etc.

I am also a firm believer that there are two sides to every story and I have a feeling that there is a lot of missing information in this story. I could not even begin to offer an opinion nor would I want to not knowing exactly what has taken place. Obviously there is more than one incident to result in such actions so I you would care to share with us the forum users would be more than happy to not only point out what went wrong but to offer advice on how to fix it.

PS Small Claims will be another waste of 40-60 dollars.

> PS Small Claims will be another waste of 40-60 dollars.
And an definite permanent ban.

Without knowing the circumstances of your suspension or the AtoZ claim, it’s very hard to either A) offer sympathy or B) give suggestions for improvement. We have only your word that you did nothing wrong and frankly, we hear sellers stating that all day long. If you gave us the details of the claim, we might be able to help you figure out where it went wrong (although I’m not even sure you are interested in anything except proving you right – you don’t seem terribly open minded to the concept that you might have made an error somewhere).

BTW – you have to sue in small claims in the jurisdiction in which the BUYER resides. And winning in Small Claims vs Collecting are two entirely different things. Good luck.

Um…I appreciate what you’re saying, but do you really think a multi-billion dollar business like Amazon will have any kind of wake-up call from a small claims court action from one tiny seller? You aren’t even a the leg on a mosquito on the arm of Amazon. No one will ever notice, and I would bet money you will lose. IF they come (I’m guessing they can delay/reschedule small court proceedings indefinitely), they will come loaded to the gills with the user agreements, proof of your wrongdoing (and you better believe they’ll find it), and that will be that. It’s a waste of your time and effort.

Believe me. I know Amazon screws up in a lot of ways, but I also know I make a very healthy living here, and so I follow the rules, I deal with the “atrocities” against me (which are slim to nothing when I take into account my yearly income) and roll with the punches. It’s the cost of doing business with a worldwide corporation that reaches millions upon millions of customers in a way I never could with my own website. If you’re getting that many fraud claims, pick another item to sell and move on. Cutting your own nose off to spite your face is not the answer.

>We must be honest in that we have never seen the document even after repeated requests for Amazon to send us a copy for review.

Amazon doesn’t need to mail you anything. It’s called the Participation Agreement, you agreed (signed) it when you signed up to sell. And it is readily available online:

[http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=1161302&qid=1403986640&sr=1-1]

I’ve had multiple A-Z claims and won every single one of them. So obviously you have an issue going on you aren’t comfortable disclosing.

Your customer feedback like…

1/5:
"Reply from seller after scratched CD recv’d despite described as “Like New” included “This item is considered a loss leader as it generates absolutely no profit…Bottom line you got the item for free. Please peruse other higher priced items if you insist on complete perfection. The old Adage"You get what you pay for” is true in everything we buy in life.€"
Shaman, December 23, 2011
Seller Response: Please check my reviews from all previous sales. The proof is right there. I rest my case

1/5:
"Worst amazon marketplace purchase experience. The album I ordered and inquired about before purchasing was not received. I emailed the seller after purchase due to incorrect item, they were rude and inappropriate to me. The seller will probably have a rebuttal to this comment, seems to be a re-occuring problem with not sending what’s described, and then bantering at the feedback they receive."
bryan patterson, October 17, 2010
Seller Response: Customer was offered a full refund but, declined. One has to ask oneself when a refund is declined what is the real issue here???My positive comments on my site speak for themselves,minus the few unhappy campers,that no matter who or what you do ou can’t please everyonme"Nuff said

1/5:
"Never again…"
Mark , July 17, 2010
Seller Response: client chose to slander my site rather than the normal option of requesting a full an immediete refund.Why he chose the latter is unclear. He was offered a full refund but did not respond appropriately

1/5:
"Never shipped"
Max L., March 16, 2008
Seller Response: I don’t know what happened but ,your item was shipped once i ship from the post office it is out of my hands.I believe you recieved a refund please give my storefront another try

The thing that gets me is that you’ve been selling on Amazon a long time. It’s usually newer sellers that have the baseless complaints.

shiva, it does no good to generalize about this. Unless you disclose what on earth is going on with that specific A-Z claim you lost…what exactly do you expect us to say? Yes, A-Z claims are tough, yes Amazon is customer-centric but also yes to the fact that they get the most traffic and sales than any other site…so

If you want to vent, that’s fine too…it helps.

WOW. There is so much wrong with this I don’t even know where to begin. I can guess why you’re not providing us with all the information on your suspension.

1. WHY would you have paper records (that you shred) of shipping with the multitudes of electronic shipping services available to you, INCLUDING Amazon’s own postage option? Do you not upload the tracking #'s to Amazon? If you do, the tracking # stays on the order. If you don’t, why NOT? Customers want to see tracking on their orders so they can see what’s going on. This shouldn’t even be up for discussion.

2. The customer is under no obligation to be patient about finding out where their order is. If you can’t provide a tracking # in 24 hours or less of their requesting it, the problem is with YOU and they are within their rights to file a claim. If you can provide that #, A to Z may side with you if there is proof the item was delivered. But then we move on to my next issue…

3. Why would you have so many customers needing to “retrieve” their orders from the post office? I do know the USPS has issues from time to time and might have an item at the post office that didn’t get delivered, etc. etc., but there should be VERY few instances of orders not arriving at the customer’s address within the stated time frames without any other effort on their part.

4. YOU SOLD A USED CELL PHONE? If this is indicative of the other items you sell, then I know why you were suspended.

5. You cannot force customers to pay insurance to have the item sent back. You must follow Amazon’s Return Policies and Procedures (again, we’re back to the agreement YOU agreed to when you signed up to sell).

6. It doesn’t matter if the phone arrives in 5000 pieces, you have to refund the customer. Period.

The real truth of what is going on and the way you handle your business is beginning to seep out, and the scales are tipping FAR towards who is the problem here.

By the way - you say you filed a small claims suit. You did file that in the city where Amazon’s headquarters are located, correct? Do you live there? Are you willing to travel, only to arrive and find that Amazon put in for a continuance? They will find any and every way to make sure they run you into the ground until you drop the suit. You can trust me on that or don’t.

If you don’t give a damn, why are you over here whining? You’ve made your decision. You asked if others were being bullied - we aren’t. We follow the rules, follow the agreements and take our lumps as necessary. Read through my posts. I had to take a big one the other day, and it was entirely my fault, NOT Amazon’s.

You mean ethics like selling a used smartphone that clearly had problems?

There is an old saying we learned in the real world: “Meanings are in actions, people are a consequence”

Thanks so much for your accolades. Sadly, Amazon doesn’t think so and our selling site has been suspended.We feel Amazon has violated the sanctity of our contract and We here @ SHIVA1234 have had to file with the court system for justice when there is none coming from Amazon.We have been earnest in our treatment of customers but,it only takes a few to ruin the soup. Amazons “Seller support” has not been supportive even though we constantly get high marks from our customers. We will miss the customers that really care.Good bye for now look for us on e-bay.Date: June 27, 2014

4/5:
“Item arrived very quickly and as described. I was not impressed when I asked a question and, though I received a prompt response, was also informed that normally they did not have time to respond to specific inquiries. Despite a very good experience this time I will check other sellers first in the future given the apparent predisposition not to answer product inquiries.”

5/5:
“arrived in days. super quick. though i could have done without the repeated emails encouraging feedback.”

3/5:
"Apparently CD was returned to seller very damaged. Not sure how it had been seller packaged. Agreed to refund and shipping charges were paid my me, the buyer, when ,in good faith, I purchased from this dealer! This does not seem appropriate or fair Will not use this seller again. "
TriciaM, October 8, 2013
Seller Response: We here @ SHIVA1234 are very fair to our customers.Sadly when using the USPS for shipping and even when the irem is packaged for shipping properly(Which we might add is always done) Damage sometimes does occur.A fast refund was given and shipping was not refunded in lieu of a restocking which is a standard business practice when a customer does not request insurance which is always made available. Our position is “No matter how good you cook,somebody always complains about the food”

5/5:
"The product was not shipped as indicated"
Luis Robleda, February 9, 2013
Seller Response: This order was cancelled as there was item damage and Shiva1234 does not ship damaged items knowlingly.I did the right thing and all the customer can say is not shipped as indicatedDate: February 11, 2013

"Order Cancelled"
Bumpy, April 3, 2012
Seller Response: item was damaged on route by the post-office and an immediete refund was given please try my other offeringsDate: April 6, 2012

“Reply from seller after scratched CD recv’d despite described as “Like New” included “…This item is considered a loss leader as it generates absolutely no profit…Bottom line you got the item for free. Please peruse other higher priced items if you insist on complete perfection. The old Adage"You get what you pay for” is true in everything we buy in life.”"
Shaman, December 23, 2011
Seller Response: Please check my reviews from all previous sales. The proof is right there. I rest my caseDate: December 24, 2011

1/5:
“Worst amazon marketplace purchase experience. The album I ordered and inquired about before purchasing was not received. I emailed the seller after purchase due to incorrect item, they were rude and inappropriate to me. The seller will probably have a rebuttal to this comment, seems to be a re-occuring problem with not sending what’s described, and then bantering at the feedback they receive.”

1/5:
“Never again…”

About shiva1234

Shiva 1234 The rare,the unusual, and the almost impossible to find. Where the most im portant thing is the music…you know the counterfeit cd kind…

Next…

I agree with other posters. Whining like this is pathetic. Amazon does not suspend sellers unless something really went wrong since it is a number driven decision without much human intervention or judgment at suspension decision. Examine your own behavior or metrics.

Most of times I have very little sympathy for sellers just ignoring customer services. Blaming customers for everything. “Customers are always right” is golden. Without them, we sellers have no existence.

There are 2 basic levels of online merchant - one that is legit and runs a business selling goods/services and one that basically trash-picks and tries to flip their garbage for money. Guess which one +always+ seems to have customer service issues, customer complaint problems, and always seems to have issues with parties on both sides of a transaction (venue and customer). They are never the problem it seems. Everybody else: the customer, Amazon, ebay, paypal, the post office. It’s always the same story with these clowns.