What percentage of your buyers leave feedback?

ive calculated it a couple times and for me its like 2-3%. for example i looked at the 90 day period before my account was banned and i did 900 transactions, and only 23 left feedback. do you ask people to leave feedback? if so, how much doesnt that increase your feedback? has that every backfired (you asked for feedback and someone leave negative feedback you werent expecting or takes the opportunity to complain or demand something from you?

how powerful of a sales driver is feedback? is it worth it to contact buyers if they dont leave the highest feedback. if you have say 93% is it worth if to go to extra trouble to get say 95%?

Edited by: quickbooks2013 on Apr 23, 2015 6:58 AM

Feedback ratios depend on the seller and type of products being sold. However, consensus around here will say it can range from 3 - 6 for every 100 orders.

There are posts here on these forums where sellers email buyers asking for feedback and then complaining because the end up getting more feedback but not always good.

Keep in mind that Amazon allows buyers to opt out of feedback emails and sending a request to these can drive negative results. Amazon already sends feedback reminders 21 days after the order date.

You can highlight the feedback section on packing slips and write a ‘Thank you’ on the packing slip as well. We found this gives only a marginal bump but is less intrusive to the buyer’s experience and does not cost us anything to do it.

>do you ask people to leave feedback? if so, how much doesnt that increase your feedback?

When I asked, for a very short period of time, it was about 50%.

After I stopped asking, a long time ago, it has slipped down to about 6.7%.

These numbers are slightly askew due to having product reviews removed, some good some bad, from the total FB count and rounding my total sales to the nearest thousand.

>why did u stop asking, did it cause trouble that wasnt worth it

After a short period sales picked up and I had received 2 negative FB that couldn’t be removed so the combination of the two made me dedicate time to packing orders and building business - as I was at that point “found”.

Edited by: Enthusiast on Apr 23, 2015 7:20 AM

I’m at 2.9% for the last year. I don’t really pay attention to feedback anymore, as there’s not too much I can do about it, and I’m not going to start contacting customers unless there is a problem I can fix.

For instance, my last non-positive FB (a 3) was from a buyer who claimed the order took a long time to be delivered. I really can’t do anything about that… it was a book shipped media-mail, and it took a couple days more than an average delivery, but it was delivered within the delivery window.

Quickbooks2013;

You have to look at the purpose of seller feedback.
The feedback system is not designed to increase our sales or to help us stand out from other sellers. That might have been the intention many moons ago, but it is now a tool used to manage both buyers and sellers. Feedback helps Amazon.

Most people don’t leave feedback. You probably don’t leave feedback when you get gas at your local gas station. If you Big Mac taste like every other Big Mac you have ever eaten, you probably don’t go to the manager to let them know. If things go as expected, people tend to no leave feedback.

The feedback is to help keep upset buyers on the site. If a buyer feels someone cares and they are given a chance to vent, they are more likely to come back to the site to make future purchases. We are tossed under the bus so that Amazon can keep the buyer.

The feedback system also helps manage sellers. Many sellers fear a negative feedback will be the end of their business. They feel they can’t live with the shame of a negative feedback so they might go to great lengths to keep Amazon’s customer happy. Negative feedback also effects our ODR, which hopefully removes a few bad sellers.

Less than 5% of our transactions result in feedback.

i noticed that drop shippers like dailydeals have an enormous number of feedbacks, and i thought that must be due to asking for feedback, but you think only 3-6 leave it even with requests? that means that must be doing tons of sales.

id sort of be afraid to ask because as you said, some people might get annoyed. one time someone left me negative feedback because i didnt make an address change she requested and i called her to ask her to retract it and she got really angry and ended up hanging up on me #missionnotaccomplished

why did u stop asking, did it cause trouble that wasnt worth it

Edited by: quickbooks2013 on Apr 23, 2015 7:18 AM

> how powerful of a sales driver is feedback?

It depends. If you’re selling something like media where there are tons of sellers, then it matters as people tend to skip over sellers with lower positive fb percent.

For other items, buyers don’t even see the feedback and all that matters is whether or not you have the Buy Box.

The big drop shippers have a lot of sales and also a lot of ways to make sure their FB is mostly positive.

Dailydeals gets lots of feedback because they sell lots of stuff. There’s a correlation between the amount you sell and amount of feedback you get. They likely get around a 2% feedback rate.

Based on your other thread, you are permanently suspended because they said they will no longer respond to your messages. Getting more feedback will not help you get reinstated.

Positive feedback does not benefit your metrics. It is only negative feedback that affects your metrics so you are better off not asking people to potentially add more negative feedback.

Yes. And…?

Barb

if dailydeals is only getting 2% feedback and they get 50 feedbacks a day they are making a couple thousand sales a day.

For the time period between May 2013 to today we are at 6.05% of orders receiving feedback. This bothered us in the beginning, but now we are just thankful that the few that we get are positive. We do not solicit for Feedback from our buyers as we do not want to invite a neutral or negative feedback as a result.

Could be as another thread was recently started by someone new that is getting 500 per day.

i wouldnt want that business, having to monitor all those drop ship transactions. im surprised that given the types of issues i see people complaining about, that they have never been banned, if a small seller had the comments they have they would have been shut down a long time ago. i guess dropshipping gives them some sort of immunity though, they can always just say the person the used to dropship messed up

Edited by: quickbooks2013 on Apr 23, 2015 12:10 PM

If you dropshipped and used your business plan, you would have more than 200 claims and negative feedbacks every day. Daily Deal’s ODR is well below 1% which is why they are not suspended.

Daily Deal has a different business plan than you and is why they can succeed where you can’t.

they have a lot of “never received” feedback, “ordered new and got used” and its clear that they do lots of price adjustments to avoid negative feedback. but i guess when youre doubling amazons revenues that stuff doesnt matter

yeah i think 30 positives woudlnt be worth it if they came with one negative

You don’t understand. They have more than 2000 orders a day. They have less than ten complaints a day. Their metrics are fine.

In your case, if you had 2000 order a day, you would have 300 complaints. Those metrics would get you suspended.

You don’t seem to understand the scaling factor. If you have 0.1% of orders with problems, you will have 20 complaints a day. That’s acceptable. If you have problems with 2% of your orders, you would have 400 complaints a day. That’s not acceptable.

closed #20