user profile
Sign in

Welcome to Seller Forums

Recent discussions

Recent discussions displayed are from the last 7 days. To see more discussions, navigate to discussions page.
Latest activityRecently createdMost viewedMost voted
pinPinned by community manager
user profile

In this article I will walk through section three of the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement, and what to do if you’ve received a violation notification for section three.

About the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement

The Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement is an agreement all sellers who want to sell on Amazon must electronically sign when they register. By signing it, they are agreeing to follow all rules as an Amazon seller.

Section three of Amazon’s Business Solution Agreement is the Term and Termination section. This section denotes that the Business Solutions Agreement starts on the date registration is completed, and also discusses how and why Amazon may terminate or suspend a seller’s account. The copy from Amazon section 3 is below:

"3. Term and Termination.

The term of this Agreement will start on the date of your completed registration for use of a Service and continue until terminated by us or you as provided below. You may at any time terminate your account or this Agreement immediately on notice to us via Seller Central, email, the Contact Us form, or similar means. We may terminate your account or this Agreement for convenience with 30 days’ advance notice. We may suspend or terminate your account or this Agreement immediately if we determine that (a) you have materially breached the Agreement and failed to cure within 7 days of a cure notice unless your breach exposes us to liability toward a third party, in which case we are entitled to reduce, or waive, the aforementioned cure period at our reasonable discretion; (b) your account has been, or our controls identify that it may be used for deceptive or fraudulent, or illegal activity; (c) your use of the Services has harmed, or our controls identify that it might harm, other sellers, customers, or Amazon’s legitimate interests; (d) your Account Health Rating falls below our published threshold(s) for deactivation; or (e) if we are required to do so by law. We will promptly notify you of any such termination or suspension via email or similar means including Seller Central, indicating the reason and any options to appeal, except where we have reason to believe that providing this information will hinder the investigation or prevention of deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or will enable you to circumvent our safeguards. On termination of this Agreement, all related rights and obligations under this Agreement immediately terminate, except that (d) you will remain responsible for performing all of your obligations in connection with transactions entered into before termination and for any liabilities that accrued before or as a result of termination, and (e) Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15, and 18 of these General Terms survive.“

What to do if you’ve received an Amazon section three violation

If you’ve received a notification that your account is deactivated or suspended, then you’ve violated one or more of the terms listed above within the agreement. We encourage you to refer to the recent performance notification to identify the issue or possible factor(s) that led to account deactivation or suspension, and then execute the next course of action as requested by appeals team, if relevant.

To ensure that your products are listed in accordance to Amazon’s restricted products, you should review these policies carefully for better understanding:

If you’ve reviewed the Restricted product page and believe your product was removed in error, you may dispute via the “Submit appeal” button in Seller Central. Provide the relevant ASIN number and a detailed explanation with strong supporting proof to justify your claim on the incorrect listing removal.

6 votes
5 votes
10 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

Hello Everyone,

As most people are aware, we just dealt with the Live Plant and Seed listing policy violation over the weekend. That has been resolved, but this morning I woke up to 13 new Listing Policy Violations. The violations are for the following.

Account Violation Product Detail Page Rules Violation

Action Taken: Bullet Point Removed

I reviewed the bullet points for all 13 ASIN's and I cannot find anything in the bullet points that, to the best of my knowledge, violate Amazon policy. I have attached a screenshot of the bullet points for one of the ASIN's as an example.

I am wondering if this is another Amazon glitch or if there really is something in our bullet points that is violating Amazon policy?

I did call Amazon Account Health but they were not able to tell me what was wrong with the bullet points.

I opened up a case regarding this issue. Case ID is 15544570201 Thank you

@Danika_Amazon

@Sandy_Amazon

@Blake_Amazon

@Seller_l7Jtck9jxnEA0

@Cooper_Amazon

@Jim_Amazon

@Dougal_Amazon

@Ricardo_Amazon

@SEAmod

0 votes
0 votes
3 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
20 Limit on Remeasure
by Seller_1DQR0lRyzRPmT
Amazon replied

I am limited to 20 remeasure request per month. I should only have one count against me if Amazon finds the measurements were right as were. If the remeasure comes back that the measurements were indeed incorrect and I get them corrected that should not count against me.

I sell an item line that someone puts all of them online as 1 pound and they are like .019 pounds. They also put crazy measurements. Now I am stuck paying those fees

0 votes
0 votes
3 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Suggestion about Removal Order Detail
by Seller_W5um59WI335lf
Amazon replied

We're sorting out the profits and losses for June, so we want to know the total inventory leaving Amazon's warehouse in non-sales form, including disposals and liquidations.

We've downloaded the following sheet:

Amazon Fulfillment Reports - Removals - Removal Order Detail

It still hasn't reverted to the original counting method yet. The sheet currently doesn't include the quantity of unsellable inventory immediately liquidated during returns, which we want to be accurately accounted for.

Alternatively, Amazon could restore changes to the Automated unfulfillable settings, allowing sellers to choose weekly or monthly liquidations/disposals instead of just the Immediate option.

Unsellable inventory immediately liquidated hasn't been included here:

Amazon Fulfillment Reports - Removals - Removal Order Detail

We previously made a suggestion on the forum, but nothing has changed:

Last post I made on the forum

Please address this issue for sellers to optimize their operations.

0 votes
0 votes
1 reply
Latest activity 
user profile
Process to start selling on Amazon
by Seller_BbkxUbgUWEWXD
Amazon replied

Good morning, I need help with something that I can't understand well, thank you in advance for any answers you can offer me.

According to what I have been able to read about the process to sell on Amazon, to sell a specific product you need to request permission from Amazon to sell the product. To request said permission you then need an invoice that meets certain requirements. To obtain said invoice you must then buy the products so that the distributor sends you the invoice, when purchasing the products they must go to an Amazon logistics center and for this, the waiting planning for the Amazon order is carried out to be able to obtain the address to where I should send the products. My question is whether the process really is like this or not, because what would happen then if the products reach Amazon and it turns out that Amazon did not approve the sale of the product?

0 votes
0 votes
6 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

I ordered a new product from a manufacturer, who provided me with a UPS tracking code. I entered this code in the tracking ID section of the Amazon shipment plan. However, there was an issue, and UPS rejected the item. The manufacturer then gave me a new UPS tracking code, but Amazon won't let me change the tracking ID because the original one is marked as "confirmed." Support assured me not to worry since the box has all the correct shipment information. Is there any way to edit the locked tracking ID? The order has already been shipped.

0 votes
0 votes
3 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Receiving Status
by Seller_i4zMttfgx2bPg
Amazon replied

Hi, I have sent my 2 products to FBA and they are still in receiving status, at what point would I be in shipment closing?

So my products can be on sale

0 votes
0 votes
1 reply
Latest activity 
user profile

12 listing were flagged as SEED AND PLANT. We don't sell SEED AND PLANT!Can anyone share the template for the representation. Thanks in advance.

13 votes
0 votes
38 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

I have already contacted Seller Support with case number 5507642131, but no answer so far. I even called GS1, where I purchased these GTINs over 72 hours ago and they verified these are both activated and usable worldwide. They also mentioned they have been getting tons of angry calls from Amazon sellers on the same issue. It seems to be an issue with Amazon not updating their database. Is this true? Is it possible to get GTINs manually approved if that is the case? This issue is holding up inventory shipments.

I have provided these docs:

- GS1 Certificate showing ownership

- GS1 Verify Screenshot showing the the UPC is valid and for our product

- USPTO letter to prove relationship between brand and brand owner

- Letter from owner stating that they own the brand and we are authorized

Additionally, we are BRAND REGISTERED!

Does anyone have a fix for this?

1 vote
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

Over the last month, we have had > 10,000 FBA Fulfilled orders marked as "Shipping Address Undelieverable".

Each time this occurs, Amazon refunds the customer in full, and keeps our fulfillment fee and 20% of our referral fee. In addition, we do not receive the item back. This costs us $20 to $40 per order, and our the frequency of this occuring is greatly increasing (> 500 orders per day now).

Needless to say, this would bankrupt anyone at scale. If this is not remedied quickly, it will cripple our cashflow and may force us to choose to close our listings, versus hemmoraging far more money than destroying the inventory by continuing to sell.

We have been selling on Amazon for nearly 10 years and we have never seen anything like this. We can get zero assistance from seller support when we open cases.

If a moderator can assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

4 votes
0 votes
11 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

We have a lot of new sellers within this group, and we want to emphasize the importance of Seller University for new sellers. There is a ton of information to review, learn and absorb and some of the most successful new sellers create time to go through Seller University several times before every listing their first product for sale. It is important to know the policies, do's and don't and processes to help avoid policy violations or deactivations before you even get going.

No two businesses are the same. Every seller has their own operations, goals, and strategies, and can choose a different set of Amazon programs and tools to optimize their business. Amazon’s product and business experts have developed Seller University training to act as an on-demand selling coach. It offers tools and resources to help sellers learn and sharpen their skills—no matter their level of experience or stage of business.

This link brings you to a downloadable, comprehensive guide where we’ll share the ways you can make the most of these resources and create a personalized learning journey that’s tailored to meet your specific goals.

Additionally, take a look at the below resources (I recommend bookmarking them!) for additional ways to learn and continue your selling education.

By tapping into the wealth of training, tools, and resources available through Seller University, you'll gain the knowledge and confidence to navigate Amazon selling with increasing precision. From optimizing your product listings to leveraging the latest seller programs, you'll uncover insights to help your business thrive.

So what are you waiting for? Explore the resources above today and start leveling up your Amazon mastery!

0 votes
0 votes
0 replies
Latest activity 

FAQs

Learn more about Seller Forums, how to participate in discussions and more!
View FAQs

Community Guidelines

Tips to maintain a safe and inclusive environment
View Community Guidelines

Conditions of Use

Review Terms and Conditions for Seller Forums
View Terms of Use

Privacy Notice

Review Privacy Notice for Seller Forums
View Privacy Notice

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse of Amazon policies

Release Notes

Stay up to date with improvements coming to Seller Forums.
View Release Notes