user profile
Sign in

Welcome to Seller Forums

Recent discussions

Recent discussions displayed are from the last 7 days. To see more discussions, navigate to discussions page.
Latest activityRecently createdMost viewedMost voted
pinPinned by community manager
user profile

In this article I will walk through section three of the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement, and what to do if you’ve received a violation notification for section three.

About the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement

The Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement is an agreement all sellers who want to sell on Amazon must electronically sign when they register. By signing it, they are agreeing to follow all rules as an Amazon seller.

Section three of Amazon’s Business Solution Agreement is the Term and Termination section. This section denotes that the Business Solutions Agreement starts on the date registration is completed, and also discusses how and why Amazon may terminate or suspend a seller’s account. The copy from Amazon section 3 is below:

"3. Term and Termination.

The term of this Agreement will start on the date of your completed registration for use of a Service and continue until terminated by us or you as provided below. You may at any time terminate your account or this Agreement immediately on notice to us via Seller Central, email, the Contact Us form, or similar means. We may terminate your account or this Agreement for convenience with 30 days’ advance notice. We may suspend or terminate your account or this Agreement immediately if we determine that (a) you have materially breached the Agreement and failed to cure within 7 days of a cure notice unless your breach exposes us to liability toward a third party, in which case we are entitled to reduce, or waive, the aforementioned cure period at our reasonable discretion; (b) your account has been, or our controls identify that it may be used for deceptive or fraudulent, or illegal activity; (c) your use of the Services has harmed, or our controls identify that it might harm, other sellers, customers, or Amazon’s legitimate interests; (d) your Account Health Rating falls below our published threshold(s) for deactivation; or (e) if we are required to do so by law. We will promptly notify you of any such termination or suspension via email or similar means including Seller Central, indicating the reason and any options to appeal, except where we have reason to believe that providing this information will hinder the investigation or prevention of deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or will enable you to circumvent our safeguards. On termination of this Agreement, all related rights and obligations under this Agreement immediately terminate, except that (d) you will remain responsible for performing all of your obligations in connection with transactions entered into before termination and for any liabilities that accrued before or as a result of termination, and (e) Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15, and 18 of these General Terms survive.“

What to do if you’ve received an Amazon section three violation

If you’ve received a notification that your account is deactivated or suspended, then you’ve violated one or more of the terms listed above within the agreement. We encourage you to refer to the recent performance notification to identify the issue or possible factor(s) that led to account deactivation or suspension, and then execute the next course of action as requested by appeals team, if relevant.

To ensure that your products are listed in accordance to Amazon’s restricted products, you should review these policies carefully for better understanding:

If you’ve reviewed the Restricted product page and believe your product was removed in error, you may dispute via the “Submit appeal” button in Seller Central. Provide the relevant ASIN number and a detailed explanation with strong supporting proof to justify your claim on the incorrect listing removal.

6 votes
4 votes
9 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

I'm new to Amazon, I was doing FBA and my account is deactivated. I'm not selling anything outside of Amazon. I have a few questions about CA State TAX:

- Does Amazon pay the sale TAX or do I have to pay?

- Do I have to worry about the Quatarly CA State TAX?

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

I received a product policy violation for my entire catalog, and support says I cannot mention the included manufacturer 3 year warranty on the PDP. I am the registered brand owner and the manufacturer for my listings.

The problem is that this directly contradicts the Amazon advertising policy: "The product detail page must clearly describe warranties or guarantees, including any applicable limitations."

See policy here: https://advertising.amazon.com/resources/ad-policy/sponsored-ads-policies under "3.7 Claims and substantiations" -- this policy applies to ads AND store pages... So if you mention the warranty on a brand store page it is required to have the warranty stated on the PDP before the store will be approved.

I have Case ID: 15543697531 that needs to be escalated - This is the current case where support is arguing with me.

For reference you can see my OLD cases with Advertising Support when ads & store pages were rejected MULTIPLE times due to not having the warranty stated on the PDP, case IDs: 15112870891 + 13465911401.

0 votes
0 votes
0 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

Please I've been a seller on amazon since 2022 and I have passed my verification in the UK marketplace but they refused to update my business name from CalmCandleEssential to Calm Candles Essential Limited thereby triggering the system saying I have two accounts. I have provided my phone bill and they haven't responded back in 7 days. All my goods are in USA FBA . Please help

0 votes
0 votes
1 reply
Latest activity 
user profile
Shoes being called plants or seeds
by Seller_AZPB6M9M65Mev
Amazon replied

Amazon you need to step in here and help out. I received 28 notifications today that the shoes that we sell are in violation of Amazon terms because they are considered plants or seeds? What is wrong with your system that you have bots that could be so stupid as to think a pair of shoes is a plant or seed. Especially big brands like Jessica Simpson, Vince Camuto, Steve Madden,. This is totally insane and a waste of my time that you were attacking my system because you’re pathetic bots do not know what to do. How is Amazon these days that are destroying peoples businesses due to pathetic technology. Please step in and help us out.

30 votes
0 votes
37 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Unauthorized Chinese seller on my listing
by Seller_Z1tNGKIfSCq6Y
Amazon replied

Greetings,

I have a product I am selling on Amazon. I am the brand owner and I do not sell to distributors, other retailers, etc. I sell this product STRICTLY on Amazon.com.

Today, I have found a random Chinese seller on my listing selling my product. I have no idea how this is possible or even allowed as selling other brands almost always requires some sort of invoice or LOA.

The products being sold are obviously counterfeit, as (once again) I DO NOT distribute this product to anyone else.

I contacted seller support and was told to just "report a violation". So, I attempted to report a violation in Brand Registry, but it seems I am unable to as the trademark is still pending with the USPTO (it should be fully registered within 2 weeks according to the USPTO).

Why am I not able to just remove this seller (or any seller for that matter) that is under my brand or require them to submit an invoice/LOA?

This seller is doing the exact same thing to other branded products as I am typing this.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

2 votes
0 votes
13 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

I've been selling on handmade for over 5 years. The moment I joined I had success leading to having several best sellers for years having a product in the top 100 for years. Last fall- everything crashed- no rhyme no reason. As others in my category are still maintaining their sales. I was told by a seller central agent that my style keywords are not showing up when the listing report is pulled and that could be a reason why. I can see them within my edit listing but they state they are not on the backend and that I must upload a file to fix it. Why do I need to do that? Why can't IT fix the issue....secondly since my sales have crashed it seems I ONLY get orders from "business customers" - Have my items been lodged in some strange business search abyss where my items are only being sold to business customers? I sell jewelry so its not a supply product needed for "business" Any insight is appreciated!

0 votes
0 votes
3 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Purple Charger
by Seller_ei31PJGsVMjj8
Amazon replied

Hi, i wanted to know why my listing is not yet posted on Amazon seller Central?

0 votes
0 votes
1 view
1 reply
Latest activity 
user profile
Seller Messages Response
by Seller_pTqtHQ1hYhYM0

Why doesn't Seller Messages at least tell me the Item the customer is asking a question about? Hard to reply with "I dont know what item you are talking about"

0 votes
0 votes
1 reply
Latest activity 
user profile
Account deactivated due to linkage
by Seller_zlxCWZAvp8wrQ

My account was deactivated due to linkage.I owned the account previously but sold the account to someone later.I have provided the business transfer agreement as well as the payment he made to me.By providing these documents the account was not getting reinstated. Seller support told me to provide plan of action so I did .Again I got the same response.So I called seller support again and they said to provide additional information so I provided screenshots of conversations between me and the buyer.But still amazon is not reinstating the account.I dont understand what amazon needs.

0 votes
1 vote
3 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Payment initiated but not received in my bank
by Seller_DdDs3imJIvjkf
Amazon replied

I have initiated payment jun 20th, and today is June 27th the payment is still not showing up in my bank account. On the disbursement page it says the payments has been completed and acknowledged by Amazons bank provider . Normally it takes 2 business days to show up. I took the trace ID to my bank and they said they cant find anything with the trace ID. I subsequently initiated a few more payments and still havent received anything from my bank yet. @Seller_4GjtS9k0cnHHv

0 votes
0 votes
10 replies
Latest activity 

FAQs

Learn more about Seller Forums, how to participate in discussions and more!
View FAQs

Community Guidelines

Tips to maintain a safe and inclusive environment
View Community Guidelines

Conditions of Use

Review Terms and Conditions for Seller Forums
View Terms of Use

Privacy Notice

Review Privacy Notice for Seller Forums
View Privacy Notice

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse of Amazon policies

Release Notes

Stay up to date with improvements coming to Seller Forums.
View Release Notes