user profile
Sign in
user profile

Unauthorized Chinese seller on my listing

by Seller_Z1tNGKIfSCq6Y

Greetings,

I have a product I am selling on Amazon. I am the brand owner and I do not sell to distributors, other retailers, etc. I sell this product STRICTLY on Amazon.com.

Today, I have found a random Chinese seller on my listing selling my product. I have no idea how this is possible or even allowed as selling other brands almost always requires some sort of invoice or LOA.

The products being sold are obviously counterfeit, as (once again) I DO NOT distribute this product to anyone else.

I contacted seller support and was told to just "report a violation". So, I attempted to report a violation in Brand Registry, but it seems I am unable to as the trademark is still pending with the USPTO (it should be fully registered within 2 weeks according to the USPTO).

Why am I not able to just remove this seller (or any seller for that matter) that is under my brand or require them to submit an invoice/LOA?

This seller is doing the exact same thing to other branded products as I am typing this.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Tags: Counterfeit, Counterfeit Crimes Unit
21 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_Z1tNGKIfSCq6Y
In reply to: Seller_Z1tNGKIfSCq6Y's post

Update: The seller is now gone after I reported it as counterfeit after a test buy! Hopefully, I do not see them again.

Jump to reply
21 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Dougal_Amazon

Hello @Seller_Z1tNGKIfSCq6Y,

My name is Dougal and I can provide some resources to help explain.

The Intellectual Property for Rights Owners help page is really robust, but a one stop shop for reporting IP violations. To answer your question of why you cannot just remove this seller, please refer to the "Types of notices not accepted on Amazon," and specifically, the "Exclusive Distribution," bullet.

You can also find a longer explanation on the Report Infringement form under the section "We Do Not Enforce."

I recommend doing a test buy to identify if/what the actual violation is. Are they selling a completely different product or are they infringing on your TM? If it is the former, this is NOT an IP violation, but a listing issue and should be reported as such via Report Abuse from the Account Health Dashboard. If it is the latter, follow the steps under the "Report Infringement," section of the Intellectual Property for Rights Owners help page, this has best practices to follow and some common pitfalls to avoid.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best, Dougal

user profile
Seller_WBnGS7Ix3XiDX

Wow, I am so sorry this is happening to you! I also sell my own product, and take this personally.

I also do not sell anywhere else, except other platforms, & my own site. They would have to buy it from me to sell it to someone else, so I understand why you wouldn't assume they are selling the exact product.

I wanted to ask how you found this out? What would I look for if someone is on your listing? I am always afraid of someone doing this, but not sure how I would know.

Thanks and good luck, please let us know if you are getting some help resolving this.

user profile
Seller_Cj39FIFBjVLNf

buy every single item and start a return process saying they are counterfeit.

user profile
Seller_csooxqpaiSPU1

I can explain why this is happening.

Amazon's policy of allowing followers is well intentioned to have more products to compete and offer lower prices to buyers.

However, on the Chinese version of TIKTOK, there are a large number of unscrupulous training organizations that cheat people who know nothing about Amazon and advertise to them that newbies can make money by follow selling in order to earn training fees. There is no risk, no need for big investment, and even no need to be responsible for the products. A large number of people are tricked into paying training fees to follow sell others using this method. They are completely unaware of the infringement risks involved.

Their strategy is to buy a lot of accounts, make money fast, and if you complain, he'll just change the store. This causes great harm to sellers who operate in compliance. We hate this behavior very much, so I suggest you, sign up for the Transparency Program and solve this problem once and for all.

I am also a Chinese seller, but I would never do something that violates the rules and hurts other sellers.

user profile
Seller_TFtK05AWCtKWm

Be careful with Brand Registry - i reported a seller with inauthentic product, they accepted the report then removed MY stock and gave me a violation!! Unbelievable incompetence! I'm now 6 replies in to a seller support ticket with no helpful response yet.

Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_Z1tNGKIfSCq6Y

Update: The seller is now gone after I reported it as counterfeit after a test buy! Hopefully, I do not see them again.

user profile
Seller_TyNPnzv9SaYa3

Keep a very close eye on that ASIN, once a chinese seller targets an ASIN they will keep after it - they do not really want to sell your product they want the ASIN for its sales rank. One day you may find the ASIN is completely different product and Amazon will even claim you did not create the ASIN, because the owner data will be changed in amazon systems by a compromised sub contractor

user profile
Seller_bXqoky6ohYXR3

Same issue with me also, 5 to 6 chinses seller mapping my listing and sale around 300 to 500 units of my item and my listing review rating is 4.9 but now its gone to 3.8 my whole listing destroyed. No one is helping its very disgusting, we are brand owner but can't do anything.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post