user profile
Sign in
user profile

Seller Messages Response

by Seller_pTqtHQ1hYhYM0

Why doesn't Seller Messages at least tell me the Item the customer is asking a question about? Hard to reply with "I dont know what item you are talking about"

Tags: FBA
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_OvL8C4BJWiuS9
In reply to: Seller_pTqtHQ1hYhYM0's post

What? If the buyer messages you through Amazon, then the order# is present which will have the purchase. Unless you are talking about FBA?

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

user profile
Seller_pTqtHQ1hYhYM0
Show post
Hard to reply with "I dont know what item you are talking about"

You could word it better. But that's your only option. I just had someone ask about reducing the price of a book without telling me what book.

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl
Show post
You could word it better.

I always use something along the lines of:

"I'm sorry, but when you use Amazon to ask about a product, Amazon does not tell me which item you are looking at when you click "Ask seller a question". Could you please let me know the specific product you are asking about?"

Keep it positive, and point out that it's Amazon that is being stupid, not the customer. (after all, when you click "ask about this product", you would expect not to have to state where you clicked)

But in trying to see the exact wording of the "send buyer message" link, I can no longer even find it! It was easy on the old pre-"Improved" pages.

user profile
Dominic_Amazon

Hi @Seller_pTqtHQ1hYhYM0,

Dominic from Amazon here, want to chime in. Your fellow Sellers have provided some great info on this topic. I will also provide your feedback to our teams internally.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Dominic

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post