Does Amazon take down seller with stolen items?

Does Amazon enforce this or do they let sellers just list items as unrealistically low as they possibly want?

I know of a seller, to remain nameless at this point, that has a few of that same listings as I.

I know for a fact there is no way possible to list these items at such a low price and still ship them for free, with the Amazon fees and make any profit unless these are stolen. Yet Amazon lets them stay up there.

How does this happen and Amazon does nothing?

You can never know what someone pays for something …

I’ve gotten products for penny’s sometimes just because my distributor wanted them out of the way.

Just sayin’

I appreciate your answer. It is very frustrating.

Not these particular items. These are industry specific and they are never let go for “pennies” ever. Seller has way too many items at way too low price. These are “missing container” prices.

Unless you have undeniable proof that these are stolen items, I would ignore them. If they’re a scammer, eventually they’ll get caught and banned.

I don’t know of any item that is never let go far below market value…as a food manufacturer, some of the most popular brands in the United States are sold by the distributor for example when they accidentally order too many and other products from jewelry to clothing to electronics are no exception…how do you think I can get an Italian designer purse with the original tag on it for $3000 for $150 at TJ Maxx? TJ Maxx didn’t steal it…some are samples, some are overstock, some are incorrect orders etc. I have that purse.

Pretty much all popular brands sell to a distributor then they sell it to a store. If a store does not sell, they actually often bill back the SELLER in some cases, then drop the product at next to nothing for bidders who might be TJ Maxx, or Meh.com might buy some etc…or sometimes the manufacturer accidentally ships too many…or a million other reasons…

There are lots of discounts out there even on brands like Ralph Lauren, Dyson, Bose etc…big popular brands…and there are lots of reasons why but to jump to the conclusion that they are all stolen is a big reach.

They may be but it would likely be hard to keep stealing enough without getting busted to maintain a store front ongoing and it would kind of make it obvious to the cops if they ever suspected anything if your tax income showed a store on Amazon will all the stolen goods…I think an anonymous ad on Craigslist for cash would be the more likely scenario than having to pay taxes on the sales of the stolen items which are linked right back to you…big risk, yes?

they are more likely a scammer and not planning on shipping anything at all…

>to jump to the conclusion that they are all stolen is a big reach.
>
I agree with that.

> They may be but it would likely be hard to keep stealing enough without getting busted to maintain a store front ongoing and it would kind of make it obvious to the cops if they ever suspected anything if your tax income showed a store on Amazon will all the stolen goods…I think an anonymous ad on Craigslist for cash would be the more likely scenario than having to pay taxes on the sales of the stolen items which are linked right back to you…big risk, yes?

For small time thieves, selling locally on Craigslist is probably the easiest way to get busted. Meanwhile some thieves are dealing with WAY too much inventory to be unloading it on Craigslist. Take the Russian Mob as an example. I remember when JCPenny busted them in my home town for literally walking around the store with giant dumpster carts at night and throwing in clothes to move out the dock in the morning. I don’t think that kind of volume can be unloaded on Craigslist.

But I still agree with that first quoted statement: jumping to the conclusion that they are stolen is a big reach. Jumping to the conclusion that they might be a scammer who never intends to ship, now that’s pretty easy to do.

Amazon does not tell anyone how to price their items.
> I know of a seller, to remain nameless at this point, that has a few of that same listings as I.
>
> I know for a fact there is no way possible to list these items at such a low price and still ship them for free, with the Amazon fees and make any profit unless these are stolen. Yet Amazon lets them stay up there.
You have no idea weather another seller is making a profit or not. Nor do you have any idea what they paid for any given item. For all you know they could me the manufacture selling under a different name.
> How does this happen and Amazon does nothing?
Because Amazon is not in the habit of suspending sellers without a reason. You thinking they are selling at too low a price is not a good reason.

I have a question for you though. How is a bundle of 10 open (used) cigar boxes “New”? As per Amazon policy opening something means it cannot be sold “New”

I bring this up to point out that maybe you should sweep your own porch before you start worrying about someone else’s.

That’s the problem with the internet. You have no idea if the items are really in stock, counterfeit, listed in error, a pricing mistake, a scam, a tactic for market share, etc. If you think they are fake, you can do a test buy and go from there.

Over on that other site we don’t really discuss here, I have refills for a high end pencil. These refills normally retail for $10. Over on that other site… I’m selling them for $1 plus shipping.

Why am I selling them so cheap?

• I’ve had these refills for over 7 years and no longer carry the pencil they go to. I can’t even give them away with a sale.
  • The packaging has completely changed not once but twice.
  • They’re shelfworn packaging because they have been in the warehouse 7 years.
  • I’m tired of counting them twice a year. There 250 of them in July. There were 250 in January. There will be 250 of them in July again if I don’t do something about them.
  • I’m tired of darn well looking at them!

Yeah, I’m totally losing money on the deal. But I’m losing more money with sitting here just on employee hours confirming that yes, I haven’t sold any again this year.

They didn’t fall off a truck. I’m getting rid of them so I don’t try to run them over with a truck.

Just want to thank you for all your useless answers. As I stated, these items were stolen and I all got from most you is “how do you know these items are stolen”, “what makes you think these items are stolen?”, “that is a major accusation” etc.

When in fact, what I wanted were answers on what is Amazon’s policy and do they remove sellers that sell obvious stolen items, not your useless opinions.

This was my second post on the message boards and both times it has been a horrible and useless experience. Just a bunch of “know it alls” that really know nothing. Will no longer waste my time on these boards.

Seller was removed BECAUSE THEIR ITEMS WERE STOLEN. You can back to wasting other folk’s time.

Thank you for nothing.

Amazon told you that they removed a competitor’s items because they were stolen? That’s pretty amazing.

Anyway, we gave you the answer to your question. You wanted to know how Amazon would let obviously stolen items remain up for sale, and the answer is that it takes more than a competitor’s insistence that they must be stolen.

If the seller was removed by Amazon it was not because you claimed the items were stolen (with absolutely no proof).

If Amazon was sent a police report from the person who suffered and reported the loss they might take action. Amazon may well have removed the seller and/or their items for any number of reasons: counterfeit, used items described as new, IP issues, unauthorized seller, and quite a few more. One claim from one seller who was not the victim of the theft and who has no idea of where/when the theft might have occurred? Sorry, I don’t believe that.

I thought this was a darn good answer, and entertaining to boot!

Just not what the OP wants to hear obviously.

To set the record straight, that answer was from Sharon Luggage (I was just quoting)

Actually your answer was. Just clumped them all in because I was turned off by the whole “community” process. :slight_smile:

You’ll be back. And if you just happen to be suspended you’ll be begging for our “useless answers”.

closed #19