How do I print a receipt without prices (gift receipt)

I can’t find an option to hide prices for a gift receipt on the packing slip.

You can print a packing slip with no price, or an invoice with the price.

Yes, that’s not at all like how my shipping label and packing slip come up to print–they are separate sheets not one page with a dotted line.

I think the answer is what BookwormApril wrote above–if you were on the old platform and migrated, then your packing slips don’t show prices.

I don’t understand why Amazon would add prices to packing slips–they never should show prices if it’s a packing slip–that’s industry standard.

All our receipts have prices - always have.
Maybe there is a setting somewhere?

It’s a little hard to advise on how to turn something off which we did not know could be turned on.

I have no idea why yours have prices and mine don’t and never have. I have attached a screenshot as proof. And I don’t know of any setting to turn it off.

Now my only guess is that I was on the old legacy seller platform up until last year when they switched me to the new platform, so perhaps that’s the issue.

Just use a marker and black out the prices.

Old platform packing slips show no pricing.

I recently migrated to new platform, but the packing slip still looks the same, so this appears to be something that carries over from old platform.

Thank you for the screen shot. Our packing slip looks the same with the prices on the right of the box and then an order total below on another line of the box.

I found this in the help section on managing orders:
Click the Print packing slip button in the Action column. A print dialogue box and your shipping label and packing slip page will pop up. The shipping label and packing slip are on the same page, separated by a dotted line.

This just doesn’t work for us. So I tried buying the label first, but still no change. The label comes on 1/2 a sheet of paper and the other 1/2 is blank. The packing slip prints the same as the screenshot - full sheet of paper.

Scotty-
Why are other sellers saying there are no prices on any of their packing slips?
(And the same answer from Amazon Chat)?
We really prefer no prices on any receipts - not just those requested as gifts - just in case they are gifts for someone in the same residence.
We do this on our other selling platforms (no prices on packing slip).
Thank you.

I’ve been selling here for around 14 years. I’ve never seen prices on my packing slip ever and I have also migrated and I don’t see them. I didn’t see any change following that.

Some sellers must have them showing as it is the only explanation of why someone that bought something for me to be sent to a mail forwarding place got so irate that there were no prices, etc. on the paperwork for customs. Apparently she would prefer to rant and rave since I told he she could run a copy of her order and email it to the mail forwarding place and she said I was rude for telling her to look it up herself (I did it nicely!). I guess she thought it was my responsibility and said that every other seller did so. It was one of the first mail forwarding items I sent. I thought the address looked like a jail with an inmate number. I figured it was her responsibility to tell me that her package would need to go through customs, please enclose an invoice.

So maybe some have those prices and some of us don’t, but then I’ve never heard of sellers having them except possibly in the fore mentioned case. I know I never have had them.

There are no prices displayed on the packing slips you print from Seller Central on merchant fulfilled orders.

I can NOT. So PLEASE tell me HOW. If I click “PRINT PACKING SLIP” from my list of open orders, it has prices. It is a receipt - not a packing slip. I would very much like to print a packing slip without prices.
3 answers (one from Amazon Seller Support Chat; 2 from forums) tell me that the packing slips don’t show prices.
They do for me.
I would like to turn that option off. HOW???

Hi there, Fitness Bitsy.

Thanks for posting here in Seller Forums.

The Gift Receipt option is made available when the buyer selects the “this is a gift” option when making their purchase. This gift option will only become available by setting your gift options first. This will require:

• Set up and configure of Gift Options in your seller account.
  • Modification and upload of your inventory files to enable Gift Options

Once you’ve enabled gift options, future orders placed by buyers will prompt for them to choose whether or not the order or items in the order are a gift. This will then allow for a gift receipt to be printed by you when fulfilling the order.

If you have a customer that is asking for a gift receipt for an order they’ve already place, updating of your settings will not enable the gift receipt option for that previously placed order. Since we do recommend including order documentation with the order as it appears in Seller Central, you may want to enable your gift option settings and then ask if the buyer would like to cancel their order and place a new one with the appropriate gift option. This will provide a more professional appearing gift receipt that’s sure to make a better impression as well.

You can read a bit more on this function and the process of enabling it at our [Manage Gift Options help page|https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/571].

I hope this information assists you, but please do feel free to respond with any additional questions you may have. I’ll be happy to help however I can.

-Scotty

Hi there, Fitness Bitsy.

Thanks for the follow-up post.

As mentioned, the current default setting is for packing slips to include the pricing (similar to when purchasing in the retail store). We have this set as the default because most buyers tend to prefer to have documentation that shows the price paid. Some reasons for this include a need for price information pertaining to tax documentation (should they purchase products for business needs) or simply for confirmation of correct price paid.

To best provide a positive buying experience, it’s the buyer’s prerogative to select whether or not they wish the order to come with a gift receipt or standard receipt, depending on their needs.

I do certainly apologize for any frustration, but I just wanted to provide a bit more information to explain the reasons why the current default option includes pricing on packing slips. Of course, please do feel free tor each out to me with any other queries you might have. I’ll gladly help out where I can.

-Scotty

But Scotty, that information can be printed from their Order information under their Buyer Account (print invoice). And while a retail Brick and Mortar store provide you with a receipt at the point of purchase–they don’t include prices on packing slips for mail orders.

In fact I can’t think of any major retailer aside from you guys who do this. And if it’s so important to Amazon buyers, why would it not have been incorporated in the migration from the old to the new platform?

> To best provide a positive buying experience, it’s the buyer’s prerogative to select whether or not they wish the order to come with a gift receipt or standard receipt, depending on their needs.
>
> I do certainly apologize for any frustration, but I just wanted to provide a bit more information to explain the reasons why the current default option includes pricing on packing slips. Of course, please do feel free tor each out to me with any other queries you might have. I’ll gladly help out where I can.
>
> -Scotty

Why doesn’t Amazon have a consistent system for this? It should not vary from seller to seller as that confuses buyers.

This is a classic Amazon SNAFU where someone didn’t think about this before implementing it and they will never admit it was an error.

And you’ll notice I’ll probably not get any reply from mod Scotty asking him why this is inconsistent from seller to seller because it goes against their cardinal philosophy to provide the best customer experience on the Web. An inconsistent experience can hardly be labeled “best”.

Yes, I think we’ve now discovered that they didn’t make this change from the old platform to the new and if you got migrated it’s still the same.

If you opened your account with the new platform originally then your packing slips are different.

I disagree with that concept. As a business owner I looked through all my Amazon purchases for the year to determine which were business expenses. If you order on-line, you can find all the information you need. It is NOT like going to a retail store, where your only detailed receipt is the one they hand you. Amazon shows my orders for years and years. I don’t need the packing slip to show me what I paid when the actual receipt is in my account information. I guess I will use the 1st response - which is terrible - and start blacking out the prices on all my receipts

Actually all packing slips we process for other online retailers have the paid price on the packing slip, unless it is a different ship to address. So, your assertion is wrong about it being common practice to not include price on the packing slip. Even things I personally buy from QVC have the price listed.