user profile
Sign in

Welcome to Seller Forums

Recent discussions

Recent discussions displayed are from the last 7 days. To see more discussions, navigate to discussions page.
Latest activityRecently createdMost viewedMost voted
pinPinned by community manager
user profile

In this article I will walk through section three of the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement, and what to do if you’ve received a violation notification for section three.

About the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement

The Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement is an agreement all sellers who want to sell on Amazon must electronically sign when they register. By signing it, they are agreeing to follow all rules as an Amazon seller.

Section three of Amazon’s Business Solution Agreement is the Term and Termination section. This section denotes that the Business Solutions Agreement starts on the date registration is completed, and also discusses how and why Amazon may terminate or suspend a seller’s account. The copy from Amazon section 3 is below:

"3. Term and Termination.

The term of this Agreement will start on the date of your completed registration for use of a Service and continue until terminated by us or you as provided below. You may at any time terminate your account or this Agreement immediately on notice to us via Seller Central, email, the Contact Us form, or similar means. We may terminate your account or this Agreement for convenience with 30 days’ advance notice. We may suspend or terminate your account or this Agreement immediately if we determine that (a) you have materially breached the Agreement and failed to cure within 7 days of a cure notice unless your breach exposes us to liability toward a third party, in which case we are entitled to reduce, or waive, the aforementioned cure period at our reasonable discretion; (b) your account has been, or our controls identify that it may be used for deceptive or fraudulent, or illegal activity; (c) your use of the Services has harmed, or our controls identify that it might harm, other sellers, customers, or Amazon’s legitimate interests; (d) your Account Health Rating falls below our published threshold(s) for deactivation; or (e) if we are required to do so by law. We will promptly notify you of any such termination or suspension via email or similar means including Seller Central, indicating the reason and any options to appeal, except where we have reason to believe that providing this information will hinder the investigation or prevention of deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or will enable you to circumvent our safeguards. On termination of this Agreement, all related rights and obligations under this Agreement immediately terminate, except that (d) you will remain responsible for performing all of your obligations in connection with transactions entered into before termination and for any liabilities that accrued before or as a result of termination, and (e) Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15, and 18 of these General Terms survive.“

What to do if you’ve received an Amazon section three violation

If you’ve received a notification that your account is deactivated or suspended, then you’ve violated one or more of the terms listed above within the agreement. We encourage you to refer to the recent performance notification to identify the issue or possible factor(s) that led to account deactivation or suspension, and then execute the next course of action as requested by appeals team, if relevant.

To ensure that your products are listed in accordance to Amazon’s restricted products, you should review these policies carefully for better understanding:

If you’ve reviewed the Restricted product page and believe your product was removed in error, you may dispute via the “Submit appeal” button in Seller Central. Provide the relevant ASIN number and a detailed explanation with strong supporting proof to justify your claim on the incorrect listing removal.

6 votes
5 votes
11 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Mod Help! Variation abuse
by Seller_IrlWxplaBisdB

Please escalate this case

@Seller_guPeMXBrBxqyU @Seller_guLNtDGZuva40 @Seller_c2KLMXKhUYF3u

I am writing to bring to your attention a serious violation of Amazon's rules and policies by a seller using ASIN B0D7M392G8. The seller has created variations that are completely unrelated to the original listing, which is for a "WiFi Extender Signal Booster for Home: Wireless Internet Repeater Range Coverage Up to 6500 Sq.Ft and 30+ Devices Internet Extender for House Wireless"

The variations added by the seller are as follows:

6557121634 - podcast-The Very Hungry Caterpillar: Eric Carle

Support has completely ignored all inquiries and complaints for the past two weeks. You can check them out using these case numbers - 15538510301,15538516141,15533632091,15528714041,15521637651

This practice of adding unrelated products as variations to a listing is a clear violation of Amazon's policies and guidelines. It is misleading to customers and undermines the trust that buyers place in the platform. Customers expect that when they view a product listing, the variations offered will be related to the original product in some way.

I kindly request that Amazon take immediate action to address this violation by the seller and ensure that such practices are not allowed to continue. This may include removing the inappropriate variations, issuing a warning to the seller, or taking further steps as deemed necessary to maintain the integrity of the platform.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I trust that Amazon will take the appropriate actions to address this issue promptly.

0 votes
0 votes
0 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

Customers buying Monopoly NBA Panini Prizm Card packs and returning open packs.

2 even left negative feedback saying they received them open.

0 votes
0 votes
0 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

I am not naive and I know any product is gonna get bad reviews. Lately, however, I am getting a ton of bad reviews, and it is obvious it is coordinated by another competitor seller because of the pattern. You see, normally I will get one or two reviews on my floss a week. Some are good reviews and some are bad reviews. However, once or twice a month now, I will get a cluster of bad reviews within a few day span. It always seems obvious that it is sabotage by another seller but I don't know how to get them taken down or even investigated.

Lately, it has become even more obvious because instead of just leaving bad star ratings they leave reviews and will mention other floss brands. In fact, the last bad reviews were so obvious they mentioned the same other brand name in 2 different reviews on the same day. The chances are just extremely low of that especially for a product that normally doesn't get 2 reviews on the same day. Further, both didn't even capitalize the brand name of the other floss and both attached pictures. Below is a screenshot of the latest reviews for reference. I am not accusing the other brand mentioned because it could be someone trying to misdirect me. It is obvious, though, that this is coordinated by another seller.

At this point I don't know what to do about it. I am thinking of using another online platform to sell if this doesn't get resolved. Can anyone help?

1 vote
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
My Identity Is Not Verified
by Seller_pdQ04Dc05MwqQ

Hello seller friends, I am being punished for trying to do business legally and honestly on Amazon. I opened my seller account on Amazon about 3 months ago and am currently stuck in the most ridiculous reverification process ever. I'm hoping some of you might have some advice on how to get out of this madness.

Recently, I had to re-verify my identity due to inactivity on my account. It hasn't been long since I opened my account. But now, Amazon won't accept it even though I sent the same ID and documents that were completely acceptable before. It does not verify the identity card that the government gave me and that everyone has. I opened my account with this ID.

I opened a company, introduced my brand, produced the products, spent a lot of money, and I was about to open a list and send the products, but my account was disabled. The reason is that my identity is not verified. My account was activated via video call 2 weeks ago. 1 week has passed. My account is disabled again. All the documents are in the e-mails. What is amazon aiming for with this? Why don't honest sellers let them sell on amazon?

I have contacted Amazon support many times in the past, but their team is the most unprofessional and incompetent I have ever encountered. They always make me bounce like a ping-pong ball and end up offering no real help.

Is Amazon messing with us just for fun? I can't understand how a group could be this incompetent. It must be on purpose.

0 votes
0 votes
1 reply
Latest activity 
user profile

The buyer cancelled the order on June 11th. But on June 21st, left negative feedback saying that he did not receive the product. I have opened a case, but it has not been resolved。

order id :114-0259146-6130660

case id: 15510868821

14 votes
0 votes
17 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
What market places do you like?
by Seller_Cj39FIFBjVLNf

i'm a small u.s. seller. had my company since 2016. Amazon is making more money than me on my own product, and i'm about over them. what alternatives do you all like?

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

I have not received my payment which was disburse on 6/23/24 and today is 7/2/2023 but still I have not recieved my payment while in payment section it's showing payment status DONE and also showing trace ID. It was my first payment.

Please help

0 votes
0 votes
4 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Unruly Customer
by Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv

I know after 4 messages this customer is trying to scam the system and try to get a free item. I reported the message (report button)

but I feel I should just eat it, and refund the scammer, instead of trying to get Amazon to help.

I know what I will do and it doesn't happen a lot, but, it just sticks in your side for a day, then you move on.

What am I doing to prepare for Prime day? Apparently I have a lot of seeds to plant...

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Unauthorized Chinese seller on my listing
by Seller_Z1tNGKIfSCq6Y
Amazon replied

Greetings,

I have a product I am selling on Amazon. I am the brand owner and I do not sell to distributors, other retailers, etc. I sell this product STRICTLY on Amazon.com.

Today, I have found a random Chinese seller on my listing selling my product. I have no idea how this is possible or even allowed as selling other brands almost always requires some sort of invoice or LOA.

The products being sold are obviously counterfeit, as (once again) I DO NOT distribute this product to anyone else.

I contacted seller support and was told to just "report a violation". So, I attempted to report a violation in Brand Registry, but it seems I am unable to as the trademark is still pending with the USPTO (it should be fully registered within 2 weeks according to the USPTO).

Why am I not able to just remove this seller (or any seller for that matter) that is under my brand or require them to submit an invoice/LOA?

This seller is doing the exact same thing to other branded products as I am typing this.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

3 votes
1 vote
16 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

Every time i log into my seller central and asked for help an Indian appears that's tone is like we will not solve your issue, and when i told one of the Indian that you do not know about amazon policies and you are not understanding my issue and please connect me with an expert, the at the same night i received the email that your account is deactivated, this is the totally monopoly, in email they demanded my utility bill i provided them with the same on my exact address in seller central, and again the email they sent that you are fraudulent seller @Ezra_Amazon @Julia_Amazon @Sakura_Amazon @Sarah_Amzn @Simon_Amazon @Spencer_Amazon @Winston_Amazon

1 vote
0 votes
1 reply
Latest activity 

FAQs

Learn more about Seller Forums, how to participate in discussions and more!
View FAQs

Community Guidelines

Tips to maintain a safe and inclusive environment
View Community Guidelines

Conditions of Use

Review Terms and Conditions for Seller Forums
View Terms of Use

Privacy Notice

Review Privacy Notice for Seller Forums
View Privacy Notice

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse of Amazon policies

Release Notes

Stay up to date with improvements coming to Seller Forums.
View Release Notes