user profile
Sign in

Welcome to Seller Forums

Recent discussions

Recent discussions displayed are from the last 7 days. To see more discussions, navigate to discussions page.
Latest activityRecently createdMost viewedMost voted
pinPinned by community manager
user profile

In this article I will walk through section three of the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement, and what to do if you’ve received a violation notification for section three.

About the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement

The Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement is an agreement all sellers who want to sell on Amazon must electronically sign when they register. By signing it, they are agreeing to follow all rules as an Amazon seller.

Section three of Amazon’s Business Solution Agreement is the Term and Termination section. This section denotes that the Business Solutions Agreement starts on the date registration is completed, and also discusses how and why Amazon may terminate or suspend a seller’s account. The copy from Amazon section 3 is below:

"3. Term and Termination.

The term of this Agreement will start on the date of your completed registration for use of a Service and continue until terminated by us or you as provided below. You may at any time terminate your account or this Agreement immediately on notice to us via Seller Central, email, the Contact Us form, or similar means. We may terminate your account or this Agreement for convenience with 30 days’ advance notice. We may suspend or terminate your account or this Agreement immediately if we determine that (a) you have materially breached the Agreement and failed to cure within 7 days of a cure notice unless your breach exposes us to liability toward a third party, in which case we are entitled to reduce, or waive, the aforementioned cure period at our reasonable discretion; (b) your account has been, or our controls identify that it may be used for deceptive or fraudulent, or illegal activity; (c) your use of the Services has harmed, or our controls identify that it might harm, other sellers, customers, or Amazon’s legitimate interests; (d) your Account Health Rating falls below our published threshold(s) for deactivation; or (e) if we are required to do so by law. We will promptly notify you of any such termination or suspension via email or similar means including Seller Central, indicating the reason and any options to appeal, except where we have reason to believe that providing this information will hinder the investigation or prevention of deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or will enable you to circumvent our safeguards. On termination of this Agreement, all related rights and obligations under this Agreement immediately terminate, except that (d) you will remain responsible for performing all of your obligations in connection with transactions entered into before termination and for any liabilities that accrued before or as a result of termination, and (e) Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15, and 18 of these General Terms survive.“

What to do if you’ve received an Amazon section three violation

If you’ve received a notification that your account is deactivated or suspended, then you’ve violated one or more of the terms listed above within the agreement. We encourage you to refer to the recent performance notification to identify the issue or possible factor(s) that led to account deactivation or suspension, and then execute the next course of action as requested by appeals team, if relevant.

To ensure that your products are listed in accordance to Amazon’s restricted products, you should review these policies carefully for better understanding:

If you’ve reviewed the Restricted product page and believe your product was removed in error, you may dispute via the “Submit appeal” button in Seller Central. Provide the relevant ASIN number and a detailed explanation with strong supporting proof to justify your claim on the incorrect listing removal.

6 votes
5 votes
11 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
The almost dead
by Seller_UtfCrYYGjsAuU
Amazon replied

Since last week, the sales have been quite slow. We dropped a lot. I'm scared; is anybody else experiencing the same problem?

21 votes
1 vote
19 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Relocating Office & Warehouse to New State
by Seller_R8FId61ok7iK5

Hey Everyone,

Our business has been a long time seller (since 2012) on Amazon but never had to face this situation. Right now our business is registered in one state with a physical location.

We are looking to relocate to a space in a different state. Our current state does not allow you to domesticate your corporation, i.e. just change the address and keep everything else the same.

From what I have been reading on the forums and blogs, the only way to do this would be to do a merger - i.e.. start a new corporation in new state and then "Buy" the current corporation. This seems like an easy thing to do on paper, but my concerns are with the Amazon requirements.

How would this change work in Seller Central? We would need to update the business legal entity, EIN, and business address, as well as the bank account (not certain).

Would this trigger anything on Amazon's side?

Someone recommended we register as an Foreign entity with the new State and just add the new warehouse as a shipping location. This would mean our business address would be different than our legal entity address and Official Registered Address.

Has anyone had to do something like this and what was your experience?

I'm just trying to avoid a deactivation and interruption of business due to technicalities in the process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 votes
0 votes
3 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

Does anyone have any light for me?

The main page tells me I need to resend all my information (even though it was already confirmed), I sent it, got confirmation, but it still showed as if nothing was sent. I couldn't access the form to resend it, the link took me to Seller Support form. In one case, the registration and access team shared a link for me to resend my documents. The Seller Identity Verification Team confirmed the verification again, but the main page still showed the message and in account info, it said I needed to re-verify my info. This has happened multiple times, I changed scanners, added and updated documents, but no luck.

I am concerned as it has been several weeks (since May 8th, it's now June 27th) and I can't resolve it. I opened 16 cases with different help teams but got no solution. I don't know if I haven't reached the right team, but I see in forums that this is a common issue. What worries me is that I haven't seen any cases where it was resolved. Someone in the forum even suggested if it's a strategy to frustrate and push people out of business. I'm scared, I invested everything I had in this project and due to this, Amazon hasn't paid me for 7 weeks now.

The response to cases is always that it will be passed to the right team, but I'm unsure if they aren't doing their job or don't know who the right team is for this matter.

Has anyone here been able to solve this? Any insights?

I promise that if I find a solution and my account is not deactivated, I will come back to tell you what the solution was.

3 votes
0 votes
16 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

Hi everyone,

I'm Shafi, a small business owner facing a significant challenge with one of our products. On April 17th, our jaw exerciser (ASINs: B0CYTHQ31B, B0CYTRM3XM, B0CYTKQ4JX, B0CYTHQ31B) received a utility patent strike from the brand Jawzrsize, owned by Brandon.

We immediately removed the listing, initiated FBA removals (which cost us over $200), and attempted to contact Brandon multiple times, but received no response. Despite our efforts, Amazon continues to reject our appeals because we lack a legal consular letter of non-infringement or a court letter.

As a small business, we are unable to afford the high costs associated with obtaining this specific documentation. Amazon has now given us 180 days to submit the required documents, or our account will be deactivated.

We are seeking advice and assistance on the following:

Patent Dispute Experiences: Can anyone share their experiences and solutions in dealing with utility patent claims from larger brands?

Alternative Solutions: Are there any alternative steps we can take to resolve this issue without incurring significant legal costs?

We appreciate any guidance, suggestions, or resources you can provide. This is our first time dealing with such an issue, and we are eager to resolve it to continue our business operations.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

Account manager

0 votes
0 votes
1 view
0 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

Hello everyone,

I'm a foreign seller on the Amazon US marketplace and recently received a requirement from Amazon to obtain product liability insurance. However, I encountered an issue with Marsh Accelerator, as they only provide insurance for US entities.

To comply, I established an LLC in the United States. From my understanding, I need to update my tax information to reflect my newly established US LLC in order to obtain insurance from Marsh Accelerator. However, I'm also aware that I can only update the tax information and cannot change the country of establishment on the legal entity page to the US.

Here are my specific questions:

1. Is updating the tax information to reflect my US LLC sufficient to obtain insurance from Marsh Accelerator?

2. Is there any requirement to change the country of establishment to the US, even though I can't do that on the legal entity page?

3. Has anyone else gone through a similar process and resolve it, and if so, could you share your experience and any advice you might have?

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 votes
0 votes
1 reply
Latest activity 
user profile

I have NEWS directly from Account Health Assurance that I want to share with you all!

I recently got off the phone with Account Health Assurance. The Technical Team is actively working on this issue, but it is still in the early stages. When you call in, they are flagging the account and forwarding it to the Technical Team.

First, go through the ASINs in question and look for ANY word that might be construed as a plant or seed. The agent gave me an extensive list such as plant, seed, leaf, shrub, flower, floral...you get the idea. Open your mind to anything plant-related and look for those words anywhere in the listing, title, attributes, etc.

Next, go forward and file an appeal, so that if the Technical Team can't resolve every issue in time, the matter can be resolved through appeal. If your items have NO trigger words or images that you can find, do as follows. NOTE: I ended up finding trigger words on the one Video Game I have filed so far, so I modified my appeal accordingly. The trigger words were on parts of the page that I could not edit, so I explained this and took screen shots and marked up the photos to show where the issues are for documentation.

1. Go to one of the violations and click on Submit Appeal.

2. Click the 2 boxes that state you have read the policies in question.

3. Enter something to this effect in the first box: "This product is neither a plant or seeds and has no trigger words. This is a false violation on the account. Please review the details in the ASINs and resolve the violation." Again, if it DOES have trigger words, you will have to modify this appeal to fit your situation and detail what the trigger words are that you are unable to modify for whatever reason (or should not modify because your item is, for example, flower jewelry).

4. If you have multiple similar ASINs that you can appeal at once, go for it in box 2.

5. Click on Next and upload any supporting documentation. I uploaded marked up screenshots as mentioned above.

Submit the appeal and wait for Amazon to handle it.

I know for those that have an extensive number of ASINS, this is ridiculous. I hope you are able to copy and paste them all in to one appeal. I just wanted to share what I learned in case it can help anyone.

21 votes
0 votes
40 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

This Offer ( a two dollar item, btw) was removed from my inventory 2544 days ago. I am just now getting a notice to do what? remove it. Hello, it was removed from my inventory about 7 years ago. Seriously, doesn't anyone monitor these annoying notices that seem to be randomly triggered? Does no one care that this kind of treatment of sellers is annoying and insulting? Is Amazon so big that there is no longer any effort to protect sellers from useless, inaccurate and threatening messages? Surely this kind of treatment will continue to reduce Amazon to nothing more than an overly complex robot-driven machine that continues to drive humans into the arms of other business that still have a semblance of decency and accuracy. It's so, so sad.

6 votes
0 votes
19 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

I recieved a package from Amazon. I wasn't expecting anything, but it had my name and address on the package. Inside was 1 unit of Revelon make up. and a piece of paper with Amazon info on it that says it a vender return due to it being damaged. I don't sell Revelon makeup and I wouldn't buy make up, except for maybe my gf. To add to it, I cannot find any record of a return sent to me in the timeframe this package showed up. I don't get it. There is a shipping address on the paper that was inside the package and an RA# . It's just wierd because it seems like the unit should have been shipped to Ohio, ( the state where the seller is, yet it was sent to me in FL. And I have no record of a return anytime recently so I don't see how it could have been mixed up with a return that should have gone back to me. I'm not sure how I would even go about attemting to return the package to Amazon so they can get it back to where it should be going to. Wish it was something cool! lol

0 votes
0 votes
1 view
1 reply
Latest activity 
user profile
External Product ID Error
by Seller_UYkO4xWheNZpk
Amazon replied

Im building in a new product and getting an error in the External product ID error.

"The SKU does not match any ASIN and contains invalid value(s) for attributes required for creation of a new ASIN"

Even when selecting UPC.

Support claims my UPC is not valid even though I am submitting my GS1 certificate, and proof of it showing up in the database.

Any recommended actions to take so we can get this product going?

0 votes
0 votes
3 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Bankruptcy
by Seller_HnUW7HURvlaDY

Hello Everyone,

I am currently facing a tough decision in this difficult market. I have about 922 units to Amazon FBA centers (incredibly small amount) and about 322 of those units are little tiny make up brushes, that can all fit in a relatively small box weighing 7 pounds.

The problem is, I am bankrupt. I have no money and the credit card on file is closed. I tried contacting support and they're telling me it's $1 a unit (laughable, you can ship out the 322 units for like $40) and they're saying there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

This is horrible. As a consumer on Amazon, this makes me never want to use them again. Why are they treating their sellers like this? They're trying to tell me it's going to be $900 to throw them away? That should be free.

Is there any other option for me? Is there any other resource?

Thank you.

0 votes
0 votes
0 replies
Latest activity 

FAQs

Learn more about Seller Forums, how to participate in discussions and more!
View FAQs

Community Guidelines

Tips to maintain a safe and inclusive environment
View Community Guidelines

Conditions of Use

Review Terms and Conditions for Seller Forums
View Terms of Use

Privacy Notice

Review Privacy Notice for Seller Forums
View Privacy Notice

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse of Amazon policies

Release Notes

Stay up to date with improvements coming to Seller Forums.
View Release Notes