How is my Appeal for an Order Defect Rate Suspension?

Hello Amazon Sellers,

Recently I was temporarily suspended from selling on Amazon. I have read other responses, collected feedback from Amazon sellers, and have drafted an Appeal and a Plan of Action in hopes to get my seller privileges reinstated and because a better Amazon seller.

Any and all help is appreciated during this process.
Here is suspension notice I received from Amazon:

Hello,

Your order defect rate does not meet our performance target of less than 1%. As a result, you are temporarily unable to sell on Amazon.com or transfer funds from your account. We encourage you to resolve any open orders.

If you would like to sell on Amazon.com, please provide a detailed plan that includes the steps that you will take to meet our performance standards in the future. We will review your plan and decide whether to reinstate your selling privileges.

The order defect rate is based on A-to-z Guarantee claims, negative feedback, and chargeback disputes. You can see your order defect rate and download a report of imperfect orders on the Account Health tab of the Customer Satisfaction page in the Performance section of Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/seller-rating/pages/account-health.html).

Reviewing any claims, negative feedback, or chargebacks for the orders in the report can help you identify where you can improve your performance.

Because complaints about specific issues are contributing to your order defect rate, we ask that any plan that you provide include remedies for the following issues:

Buyers are not receiving their orders.
Buyers are receiving items in a different condition than they ordered.

When you list on our site, you must use our condition guidelines to classify your items. We developed these guidelines to help set the same expectation of an item’s condition between a buyer and a seller. To view those guidelines, search on “Condition Guidelines” in Seller Central.

For more help with creating your plan, visit the “Appeal the Removal of Selling Privileges” page in Seller Central Help.

To submit your plan, click the “Appeal” button next to this email on the Notifications page in the Performance section of Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notifications.html). If you do not submit a viable plan within 17 days, we may cancel your offers and any funds in your seller account will be unavailable to you for up to 90 days.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team

Here is my Appeal (ALL HELP AND FEEDBACK APPRECIATED!)

Dear Amazon,
Thank you for the opportunity to appeal our suspension and explain our Plan of Action.
We have read, and will continue to read Amazon’s Condition Guidelines and Policy Agreement.
We understand that to A-to-Z Claims, Negative Feedback, and a Chargebacks were the cause of our Order Defect Rate being above Amazon’s acceptable 1%; ultimately leading to the suspension of our seller privileges.
We have created a Plan of Action: effectively immediately, to ensure the below issues do not occur in the future.
To address issues with customers not receiving their items:
Utilize Fulfillment By Amazon:
• Our current inventory is currently 100% Fulfillment by Amazon, and will remain 100% Fulfillment by Amazon, to ensure customers receive their item in a timely fashion through Amazon’s proven and secure service.
To address our issues with customers receiving items in a different condition from what they ordered:
Improve Supplier Standards:
• We will grade products conservatively using Amazon’s Condition Guidelines.
• We will only list items in “very good” or better condition.
• To ensure customer satisfaction, we won’t sell used electronics.
• We have reviewed our current inventory and called back anything that may conflict with Amazon’s Condition Guidelines or Amazon’s Policy Agreement.
• We have invested in safer shipping amenities.
• We have added an addition quality inspection for all items leaving our possession.

With this outlined Plan of Action, we have full confidence that our Fulfillment by Amazon business will obtain and maintain an average Order Defect Rate below 1% and provide a timely and quality product to all Amazon customers. We look forward to continuing to grow our business with Fulfillment by Amazon.

How is this for a final?

I am looking to submit soon, also, does anyone know the average response time after I appeal?

Would it be helpful to call back all used electronics before submitting?

Has anyone been suspended and reinstated for the same Order Defect Rating, if so, how do our appeals compare?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Buyers are not receiving their orders.
Buyers are receiving items in a different condition than they ordered.

When you list on our site, you must use our condition guidelines to classify your items. We developed these guidelines to help set the same expectation of an item’s condition between a buyer and a seller. To view those guidelines, search on “Condition Guidelines” in Seller Central.

For more help with creating your plan, visit the “Appeal the Removal of Selling Privileges” page in Seller Central Help.

To submit your plan, click the “Appeal” button next to this email on the Notifications page in the Performance section of Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notifications.html). If you do not submit a viable plan within 17 days, we may cancel your offers and any funds in your seller account will be unavailable to you for up to 90 days.

Well to answer some of the questions. I would recommend your answer in about a week. Once the suspension is finalized there is no turning back.

1. Do not repeat your problems back to Amazon, they know exactly what the problems are.
    This answer needs to be made short and direct. Rehashing will not help. They want to know how you will operate and keep this from occurring again.

2. You need to go thru every item you have and be sure it is listed correctly. Always list correctly or even not quite so good. If on the edge between good and acceptable, Go with acceptable. If you do not thing Amazon will spot check your listings, we can say bye now.

Here’s a bit of a secret for posting your appeal suspension letter one here: People will always criticize it and it will never be good enough.

I was reinstated two weeks ago today. I’d be happy to look yours over as I’m relatively free this afternoon. My format was (and you can look by my posts):

1. This is what I did wrong

2. This is what I will do to solve the issues.

Keep part 1 pretty short. Maybe include a reason or two as to why you think it happened, but keep that short.

For Part 2 I added quite a few details. I’ve been suspended twice, once in 2011 when I first started and once again two weeks or so ago. My appeals were pretty wordy each time, and no one seemed to approve of it on here. There is no perfect formula for making the correct appeal but write it knowing that they want you back on Amazon, otherwise they would not be giving you a shot to appeal. Just make sure they are solutions that will solve your ODR issues.

Hello,

I was more so looking for feedback on my appeal, not the formalities of the actual research and appeal; either way, I am grateful for your time.

1. I thought rephrasing the “issues” help Amazon I understand what the issues were, and created a nice structure and rhythmic flow into how I plan on addressing each of the issues.

2. Okay, I will go through every single item and make sure it is to par before submitting my appeal

New Question: I have received several amazon feedback since being suspended, does this help me chances?

*** MORE HELP AND FEEDBACK ON MY APPEAL APPRECIATED.***

Okay, what I am trying to get here is how close am I to almost being able to submit?

On a scale from 1-10, 10 being the best, is this trash or almost there?

Thankful for your help during this stressful time period.

You have too many threads about your suspension. You should only have one and work from that one so it is easy to know the context.

You are making it hard for others to help because they have to find and read your other threads to understand what happened. Because of that, I have no interest in helping you because I may give bad advice because I don’t remember some of the issues. I believe I replied to your first thread but that was a while ago and I don’t remember what the issue was.

Submit what you have and find out what the outcome is.

I think, like Dalek, I probably answered another thread. And I know there was good advice on it.

I’d put you about a 4 on a scale of 10. You are spitting Amazon’s policy back to them and not giving specifics. So they will have no idea if you really understand what you did wrong and how to correct it. Your appeal is mostly hat and no cowboy.

WHY didn’t buyers get their orders? WHY are they going to get them in the future? Did you ship in poor packaging? Did you ship without tracking or sig com on expensive stuff? What?

WHY were they getting the wrong stuff? We did not read the grading definitions before and misgraded. Now we have read them and decided we will only send new produts or nothing under ‘very good’???

see what I mean?

And Please Do Not Open more Threads!!!

Honestly you need to be a bit more specific. You got the same two reasons that I got on my suspension notice. Do this:

1. I understand what I did wrong and these may have been the contributing factors…

2. For Items not Received this is what I will do (use bullet points)

3. For items not as described, this is what I’ll do (again, bullet points)

Be thorough and try to give examples. Reference my suspension appeal if you need ideas. I really think that the ones that I said were pretty solid ones and will work for you as well.

Hello All!

I have re-worked a few things, added more specifics, and think I may be ready to submit!

Let me know what you think:

Dear Amazon,

Thank you for the opportunity to appeal our suspension and explain our Plan of Action.
We have read, and will continue to read Amazon’s Condition Guidelines and Policy Agreement.
We understand that to 3 A-to-Z Claims, 1 Negative Feedback, and 1 Chargebacks were the cause of our Order Defect Rate being above Amazon’s acceptable 1%; ultimately leading to the suspension of our seller privileges.

We understand our merchant practices does not meet Amazon’s metrics because of the following issues:

Chargebacks & A-To-Z Claims: We were not shipping products within two days of order confirmation, causing delayed or shipments to the wrong address.
Negative Feedback: Did not read Amazon’s item specific guidelines and shipped items in poor packaging, leading to

We have created a Plan of Action: effectively immediately, to ensure the above issues do not occur in the future.

To address issues with customers not receiving their items:

Utilize Fulfillment By Amazon:

• Our current inventory is currently 100% Fulfillment by Amazon, and will remain 100% Fulfillment by Amazon, to ensure customers receive quality items in a timely fashion through Amazon’s proven and secure seller service.
To address our issues with customers receiving items in a different condition from what they ordered:

Improve Supplier Standards:

• We will grade media products conservatively using Amazon’s Condition Guidelines.
• Before, we improperly grade products due to not reading Item Specific Guidelines. We have thoroughly read the General Guidelines and Item Specific Guidelines and will only list items in “very good” or better condition.
• To ensure customer satisfaction, we won’t sell “used” electronics.
• We have reviewed our current inventory and called back or destroyed anything that may conflict with Amazon’s Condition Guidelines or Amazon’s Policy Agreement.
• Before we purchased low graded shipping amenities. We have invested in safer shipping amenities such as air pillows and bubble wrap for our media items.
• We have added an addition quality inspection for all items leaving our possession to abide by Amazon’s Condition Guidelines.

With this outlined Plan of Action, we have full confidence that our Fulfillment by Amazon business will obtain and maintain an average Order Defect Rate below 1% and provide a timely and quality product to all Amazon customers. We look forward to continuing to grow our business with Fulfillment by Amazon.

Cellstore! Thank you so much! I am actively working on a draft now!

I think you are correct, I need to let Amazon understand better what I did wrong.

My main problem is letting Amazon know what I had did wrong in a concise way. I will upload a new draft within 30 minutes, please keep the feedback coming!

You improperly “graded.” I wouldn’t put what you did before necessarily. That isn’t important.

Put what your new quality inspection is exactly. Also, don’t put “Before, we did this” Just put what you will do going forward.

I am glad to inform you all….

That I have been reinstated! Thank you for all the help, you guys are the best!

Cheers! Happy Selling!

What happen when order defact rate over 1 percent

sounds like an ebay user excuse. How do you improperly grade, if this is his business, he should know how to properly grade and have a full understanding of New, like new and anything else that falls under grading, no wonder he is getting suspended, screw the customers first and then lets examine the grading procedure

Awesome and I’m really happy to hear it!

Best of luck going forward!

closed #15