What's the difference between invoiced orders and standard orders?

What’s the difference between invoiced orders and standard orders?

On invoiced orders Amazon forces you to become a creditor and wait until the business buyer pays the invoice. That is unless you pay Amazon a 1.5% fee to be paid faster. Wait times to be paid by invoice can exceed one month.

strong text
everything you said is correct … however, I would just like to add … AMAZON immediately takes their commission and shipping fees at point of sale … while the seller must wait 30+ days until funds
are available.

These are orders from a “Business” buyer where that customer has an option of paying on a net 30 basis at a cost to that customer if that customer passes Amazon’s credit check. (Amazon keeps that fee)
If that customer does choose to use that “Net 30” payment option then you as the seller have an option of paying a fee of 1.5% to receive your payment for that order from Amazon before the customer pays.
Either way you are still guaranteed payment for the order by Amazon even if the customer defaults but you may have to wait up to 37 days for that payment instead of the regular 2 weeks. (unless you chose to pay the 1.5%).
Amazon makes extra money on both ends this way.

how do you chose to pay the 1.5% to get money earlier. Can you explain the steps? I never did this.]
Thanks.

Thanks, I sort of understand. Business Buyers are invoiced and payment is delayed. Regular customers payments are Standard and you get paid the same as always.

well amazon needs to allow sellers to opt out before the class action hit them as amazon doesn’t run our business that can force us to give a business credit, and what happens when they do not pay, just a headache if you ask me, this type of service is for large sums of money when a business can’t pay the large amount, not small amounts like this, it is a joke
so basically when you sign up, amazon can add whatever they want and sellers must agree, not constitutional and i doubt legal.

Amazon guarantees payment.
You do not need to worry about this.

I figured as much but it still should be something a seller can opt in or out of, not given a seller a choice is illegal when it is our business.

just like paypal which has a similar service, this should be a service with the one with deep pockets, amazon, if they want to allows buyer credit terms, it should be amazon’s money not ours, how much do they charge the buyer I wonder to use a net 30 terms

just like the deadbeat contractors that use subcontractors money even when they were paid

Standard orders you get paid the moment you enter the tracking number. Invoiced orders you get paid 30 days after you entered the tracking number. Unless you want to pay the 1.5% fee Amazon will hit you with for a faster payment. I personally don’t like this program and by Amazon guaranteeing that payment I only feel a little bit better about it. But I work for today. Not 30 days down the road. I have bills to pay today. I wonder what the bank will say when I ask for a 30 day extension on my truck payment.

Plain and simple, we are forced into the lending business, except we have NOTHING to gain, and Amazon keeps the fees. All I do these days is OPT OUT of Amazon’s transparently obvious plans to stick it to 3rd party sellers. (i.e. letting the bot authorize returns - what a catastrophe THAT has proven to be!)

Anyone who believes Amazon’s B.S. that participating in the ‘pay by invoice’ program will increase sales is too gullible to survive here.

Remember my mantra – If Amazon is pushing it, I don’t want it. Anyone who believes that Amazon gives a damn about their company’s best interests is truly delusional. The only way to survive 12 years, as I have, is to collapse everything on the website that you don’t need, which is 90% of it, thus turning off the noise. Then keep your head down, make your own decisions, and completely ignore everything Amazon is pimping.

You can learn about Pay by Invoice … here.

It was announced back in June … Pay by Invoice payments …

You can update your settings … here. … Looks like this …

When a business buyer purchases all of your stock, and you have to wait well over a month to be paid, some may not have the money available to replenish their stock without being forced to fork over 1.5% to Amazon to be paid right away. What works for some does not necessarily work for others, especially with products selling on thin profit margins after absorbing the standard buyer abuse, theft and the other scams that Amazon allows to occur in their marketplace.

it’s amazon’s play ground, they make the rules and you agreed to them when you made your account. you can choose to take your ball and play somewhere else at any time.

such orders are rare. i only got them 2 times. instead of 2 weeks i had to wait 4 weeks to get paid, i was fine. some businesses have to take out credit for purchases. if amazon doesn’t give them that option they’ll buy elsewhere. i’ll take slightly longer payouts over lost business every day and twice on Sundays.

Just to clarify, Amazon refers to it as a “Convenience charge”.:crazy_face:
They also say you get paid when the customer pays, but we have no idea when the customer pays. If they pay before the 30 days are up, do you really think Amazon is gonna let you know? Or will they hang on to it as long as they can?:thinking:

I have had only one invoiced order to date, so this is not meant to be statistically significant data.

Order placed by a university on Monday, July 2.
Shipped and confirmed Tuesday, July 3.
Delivered, to University’s mail center on Sunday, July 8
Institutional buyer’s Payment showed up under the Beta tab on July 16.
Payment showed up in my bank account on July 19.

This was a high-priced, obscure academic title that had been in my inventory since 2012. I was happy to make the sale.

Well, that IS encouraging!
I wasn’t too worried about it. If Amazon starts any shenanigans, I’ll switch to the “Paid Faster” option. :slight_smile:
2 weeks on a net 30 is actually remarkable!

closed #20

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.