Keyword Sabotage

I have 5 ASINs reinstasted a week later after keyword sabotage. 2 ASINs takes 2 weeks.

hope it helps.

@Learning2019 Thanks for the update. I guess I’ll keep waiting for a response then… Have you done anything to prevent it from happening again in the future?

@WASAH We had the most success when speaking with the Catalog Team - asking them to remove all the prohibited keywords and then tell them to apply for reinstatement. After that it takes 4-5 days for the internal team to review your listing and reinstate.

We’ve spoken with Brand Registry and Seller Support multiple times and there is No clear way on how to prevent this from happening in the future. If someone has found a way, please share.

Hi Susan,

Would you please help us look into our case (CASE ID: 8037787711 - CASE ID: 8036742211).
I have the same problem.
“4baton shampoo drugs CBD Water cannabis mdma lsd Hemp tetrahydrocannabinol THC cannabis Sativa …”
My product is generally an electrical device and has nothing to do with HEMP or CBD
Thank you !!

Hi @SEAmod Susan,

I’m not sure if you’re still actively working on resolving issues posted in this thread. But if you are, the same exact thing has happened to our best selling ASIN for a second time.

We only sell in the US. The first time this happened the internal team was able to get our product reinstated in about a week. This time, they are saying that illegal/restricted drug keywords are in an Amazon.CA listing. We tried to edit this listing with a inventory file upload, but we get an error saying: “Apply to get qualified to sell this product”.

Any help you can provide for our cases would be much appreciated:

We have 2 cases open right now: 8090682481, 8091339641

Also, has there been any way of preventing this from happening going forward? It seems these bad actors attacking our listing are winning in a sense because they can get our listing taken down for 1-2 weeks (or more), and that seems to wreck our rankings.

If there’s any way at all to prevent this, please let us know.

Thank You

Hi Susan, @SEAmod

Would you please help us look into our case (CASE ID8054546821
).
I have the same problem.
“ drug paraphernalia”
My product has nothing to do with drug paraphernalia
Thank you !!

Hi Susan, @SEAmod

Could you please help us look into our case (CASE ID 8015231471).

I have the same problem. Some one listed our product in CA/UK and changed the keywords to sensitive words may contains:

“Drotebanol Ephedrine Ergotamine Hawaiian Baby Woodrose or Argyreia Nervosa seeds Jimson Weed Kanna Ketamine Ketamine Klip Dagga Kratom Marshmallow Leaf Panther amanitas Peyote or mescaline 4 Phenylpropanalomine Poppers, amyl nitrite”

Our product is an electrical device and has nothing to do with such words.

any updates will be so appreciated

@SEAmod You closed our forum post regarding our grave issue of marketplace abuse.

“Amazon is aware of the issue and working on it. Moderators are closing this topic and we ask that you please direct your discussion to the earlier related thread linked below.”

Keyword Sabotage General Selling Questions

Was this action to silence us and remove the spotlight from a massive problem on the marketplace that everybody knows that if Amazon actually was addressing, they are not placing anywhere near the resources that they need to into it or was it to post in this isolated, condensed, and controlled post where we could then possibly obtain guidance. If it is the latter, here are the case IDs:

Thank you

@SEAmod HELP PLEASE!

Our listing has falling victim to this and has been down for a week - We need help urgently!

Amazon have said our listing contains these keywords -

“Drotebanol Ephedrine Ergotamine Hawaiian Baby Woodrose or Argyreia Nervosa seeds Jimson Weed Kanna Ketamine Ketamine Klip Dagga Kratom Marshmallow Leaf Panther amanitas Peyote or mescaline 4 Phenylpropanalomine Poppers, amyl nitrite products”

This is not true, our listing and product does not contain any of these. We are receiving no help through Seller Central and are desperate to get this fixed.

Please see our case logs:

PLEASE HELP US!

@SEAmod HELP PLEASE!

Our listing has falling victim to this and has been down for a week - We need help urgently!

Amazon have said our listing contains these keywords -

“Drotebanol Ephedrine Ergotamine Hawaiian Baby Woodrose or Argyreia Nervosa seeds Jimson Weed Kanna Ketamine Ketamine Klip Dagga Kratom Marshmallow Leaf Panther amanitas Peyote or mescaline 4 Phenylpropanalomine Poppers, amyl nitrite products”

This is not true, our listing and product does not contain any of these. We are receiving no help through Seller Central and are desperate to get this fixed.

Please see our case logs:

PLEASE HELP US!

Hey could you recommend us the steps into getting our ASINS reinstated. Same exact issue is happening to me

A week? Those are rookie numbers! I have been down for TWO MONTHS.

@SEAmod This has now happened to another one of our listings.

Urgent - Please can you help us resolve this!

Case ID: 8190597381

@SEAmod

We just got hit also! One of our top-selling parent/child listings.

All 6 ASINs down.

Case ID: 8234741701

Thank you for your time.

We have also fallen victim to this

@SEAmod Case ID8246566071. All 24 of our asins have been keyword sabotaged. I’ve aged 3 years in the past 10 days. All they grey hair coming out…

The attacker changed our asins on Amazon.CA to prohibited keywords (Drugs). Attacker also changed the asins pictures to pesticide on Amazon.MX.

We are the brand owner, just got approved by Amazon brand registry. We don’t have any distributors, still our asins could get attacked so easily. It has been 10 days, I’ve done everything I could, providing evidence to the seller support team.

Seller support comes back as in below canned reply, could you please help @SEAmod
"We are unable to complete the process as the information provided is not sufficient to reinstate the listings.

The products with ASINs: xxxxxxx are restricted under Amazon’s PCRP restricted product policy: These product are under review for being potentially prohibited products against the policy (See “validator_issues” for policy details). The review period generally takes 2-4 business days but it may take longer depending on the type of product. Once a products are determined to be permitted, they will be immediately made available for sale. Although Amazon is undertaking this review, sellers are responsible for ensuring that the products they list on Amazon.com comply with all applicable laws."

I understand that Amazon takes care of buyers, but could Amazon also take care of us sellers a bit more? I see that this keyword sabotage problem has been existing for a long time, I’ve seen forum posts since 2018 about this problem, this makes us sellers feeling very hopeless, knowing that ranking will definitely dropped a lot even if the asins could be reinstated later…

We good sellers have been played by Amazon’s rules, we’ve spent hours trying to rank legitimately, please don’t let bad actors ruin us like this. Please do something to protect the good sellers.

Been hit with this. can you please help @SEAmod

Case#8234100841

Found an article on this topic:

Please help us with this, @SEAmod —> Case ID: 8269039241

Our listing has been affected as well. We have sold for several years with no issues whatsoever. We have built our listing to one of the top in our subcategory.

Then all of a sudden this morning our listing was suppressed with the claim that the product contains “Wild Dagga”. As I was composing our appeal, the same listing was hit with another violation, this time for “Jimson Weed”. My wife and I couldn’t believe it.

We are the manufacturer and the only seller of our product. We create and pack everything by hand with constant quality checks. We even made a video of our own product unboxing and sent it with the case ID today, and it shows every angle and nook and cranny of the product and its packaging, showing that there is absolutely no way this violation is valid.

We work hard to create excellent products for our customers. Please check our Case ID 8269039241 to view all of our provided documentation and our bullet-pointed information and plan. We sincerely request your help with this incorrect listing suppression.