Can a company have multiple amazon seller accounts?

Hello all,

I manage the Amazon seller account for my company. We have 3 separate store locations. I started the Amazon account from the store I work at. The other store locations now want to sell items on amazon too and have me manage those accounts. At first I thought I can have all the inventory listed under the account I work under, but then after discussion with my supervisors we figured this might be a daunting task because then we would have to try to figure out how much money to distribute to the other store’s account and etc. Am I allowed to open a another seller account for the other store? Or is there a way to manage whether an item’s sale goes to a separate bank account. And if I am allowed to open another seller account, will I have to pay the monthly fee for that? Sorry about the mix of questions. Thank you so much.

You would have to ask Amazon for permission to do this before trying as if you do not get approval then you will even lose your original account.

If you can give them the required information they request (below) and +if+ they grant permission for you to sell, that is the ONLY legitimate path to travel.

Explain your situation and email to seller-performance@amazon.com

If you are not granted permission and open another account, all related accounts will eventually be suspended.

Operating multiple seller accounts: Operating and maintaining multiple Seller Central accounts is prohibited.

If you have a legitimate business need for a second account, you can apply for an exception to this policy.

From the bottom of any page in your seller account, click Contact Seller Support. Select Your account, then select Other account issues.

In your request, provide an explanation of the legitimate business need for a second account. To be considered for approval, you must have the following:

1. An account in good standing with excellent Customer Metrics
  2. A separate email address and bank account for the new account
  3. No intention to sell the same products or services in both accounts
  4. Intention to sell in entirely different categories
  5. The inventory sold in each account must be different

You have to ask Amazon for approval.

Contact seller-performance@amazon.com with your situation - see what they say

Sellers/Businesses can have more than one account but only after getting approval to do so by Amazon. You need this approval first and follow their directions.

However, one of the many stipulations about having a additional accounts created is they have to sell different products. Unless your stores are completely different, I would assume they are selling the same products.

Here is the process as outlined by [Amazons help page|http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200414320&qid=1425325828&sr=1-1] on requesting a second account:
> Operating multiple Seller Central accounts: Operating and maintaining multiple Seller Central accounts is prohibited. If you have a legitimate business need for a second account, you can apply for an exception to this policy. Contact Seller Support and choose “Other account issues” from the “Account Settings” section of the form.
In your request, provide an explanation of the legitimate business need for a second account. To be considered for approval, you must have the following:
> - An account in good standing with excellent Customer Metrics
> - A separate email address and bank account for the new account
> - No intention to sell the same products or services in both accounts
> You will receive a response to your request within 2 to 3 business days.

As with everything on Amazon, there are exceptions to the rules. All I was pointing out was it is called out specifically in the qualifications of getting granted a second account and this will be a sticking point the OP is going to have to talk to and give a good reason why before Amazon will approve their application for additional selling accounts.

Thank you everyone for your help! I really appreciate it. We are selling different things from the stores for now. At our physical store locations we sell similar items but our online store is focused on outdoor sports items, while the other store location wants to list automotive items. What we will do in the future, I don’t know. Our store might one day list automotive items as well. Plain and simple, I am just the middle man. I guess what I will do now is email Amazon about my predicament and see what they would suggest. Thank you again everyone for your help. I appreciate it a lot!

Then why is there a separate account for every Goodwill store?

> Then why is there a separate account for every Goodwill store?

Because each store is a different entity, a different legally owned business.

Just like Macdonalds franchises.

There are hundreds of Goodwill stores located all over the country. Each store is a different entity from the Mothership.

Just playing devil’s advocate.

What if each account had its own username, physical address, bank account, and credit card?

How would amazon even know, especially if the products were all different?

The only thing I can think of is accessing all 3 accounts from a single computer, but that’s an easy enough fix too.

The risks are high for being caught, but I have to believe there are thousands of multiple account users who never applied for anything.

Again, just playing devil’s advocate.

Because there is no one big GW company. GW are regional. Each region has a store. Fiscally they aren’t related to each other.

closed #13