user profile
Sign in
user profile

The Listings Lounge's June Lineup: Reflecting on the First Half of 2024

by Michelle_Amazon

Hello Everyone!

I am wondering how we can be at the end of June? Where did half of the year go already?

Thank you for stopping by the Listings Lounge this month. We hope you learned something new and found our discussions helpful! If you haven't had a chance to check out our lounge topics this month or want a refresher on what was covered, we have them listed below:

Do you have questions about A+ Content?

Demystifying Pesticides and Pesticide Devices

Button Cell Batteries, what's all the fuss?

How to Update a Listing

My Product is Not a Pesticide

Exploring the Great Browse Trees

What’s SKU With You? The Relationship between SKUs and FNSKUs

Detail Page Rules - Updating or Adding a Product UPC

Apparel Size Normalization

Detail Page Rules - Updating your Product

Please feel free to click through each of our articles and enjoy the information shared above. You are more than welcome to comment on threads where you might have additional questions about the subject matter and our Community Managers will be happy to follow up with you shortly.

In case you missed any of our previous months topics, you can find the topics discussed in our March Rewind, and our May Recap which you can review for the first time or go back to check out again.

We didn’t create a recap of April topics as we only had a few, so I have listed those below.

Optimize Your Uploads

Prohibited Claims

Uploading multiple videos to a single listing

New Requirements for Dietary Supplements

If you have specific questions regarding a personal case or ASIN, we ask that you create a new thread here, select the Create and Manage Listings category, and click on the appropriate tags related to your question.

How did you enjoy this month of Listings Lounge? What did you find helpful? What would you want to see more of? Comment below and let us know how we can make the lounge more helpful for you. 😊

Tags: ASIN, Add a product, Detail page
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_kltm0EDZ2bsPb
In reply to: Michelle_Amazon's post

The AI's current method can mislead consumers into believing that a few negative reviews are representative of the overall feedback, causing undue damage to sellers. Many products with an overall high rating (e.g., 4.5 stars and above) are unfairly represented due to the AI's emphasis on a few negative comments.

The AI review aggregation, especially in the "Customers say" section, appears to provide objectivity and comprehensiveness but can mislead consumers. When the AI highlights a small number of negative reviews, it can distort the overall feedback and cause significant harm to sellers. This misrepresentation can create an unfair perception of the product, leading to unjust harm. This is especially problematic for new sellers with few reviews, as even a small number of negative comments can overshadow positive feedback.

Moreover, the AI does more than just highlight these negative reviews; it directly quotes the most aggressive and negative comments. Instead of summarizing that some users criticized an aspect of the product, the AI might quote a particularly harsh review verbatim. This practice exposes potential customers to highly negative opinions, leading them to form a strongly unfavorable impression of the product despite many positive reviews.

Amazon FBA customers can return products if they are unsatisfied, and potential buyers can easily sort and read all reviews, including negative ones, before making a purchase. However, the AI’s emphasis on a few negative reviews under "Customers say" unfairly skews perceptions.

Reconsidering this approach is crucial to ensure fairness and trust in Amazon's review system. Please consider this matter seriously and strive to create a better environment for both customers and sellers on the Amazon Marketplace.

user profile
Seller_KUqaczMDIm4RD

Why would any of us bother listing?

I for one have permission to have 2 accounts. 1 has an AtoZ claim from 6 years ago that remains under review which is preventing payouts and the other account got suspended for supposedly being linked to an account which doesn't belong to me.

So ya, why bother listing if I'm unable to be paid for selling my goods.

user profile
Michelle_Amazon

Hello @Seller_kltm0EDZ2bsPb,

If you have a specific issue with a product review, please contact community-help@amazon.com and ask then to look into it. I will pass your feedback along to the Product Review team as well to see if they would like to make improvements.

Thank you for your feedback!

Michelle

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post