user profile
Sign in
user profile

Listing Lounge: Apparel Size Normalization

by Rose_Amazon

To enhance the customer experience and ensure consistency, it is best practice for sellers to use standardized sizes. Standardized sizing establishes sizes based on industry standards.

Some of the benefits are that products with clear size options are more discoverable and tend to perform better in sales compared to those with size inconsistencies. In addition, it enhances customer shopping discovery and improves the overall purchasing experience. With standardized apparel sizes, customers benefit from seeing only sizes that they are familiar with based on their geographical location in the dropdown menu. This standardization makes it easier for customers to find the exact size they are looking for, resulting in a more seamless shopping experience.

To ensure your apparel sizes display properly on the website across Amazon stores, visit the Apparel size standards. For some quick size examples, please refer to Clothing & Accessories section and then download the Style Guide PDF.

RESOURCES

Size chart image improvements

Apparel Product Listing Experience

UPVOTE 👍 / DOWNVOTE 👎 this post if you enjoy seeing content like this. Leave a comment on this post with questions you may have about this topic and let us know what Listing Lounge subject you want us to feature next!

Tags: ASIN, Add a product, Detail page, Listings
1 reply
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Cxhg8nqYX0Hww
In reply to: Rose_Amazon's post

I sell children's clothing and Amazon now requires to list sizes as "ages". However, no clothing sizes in the U.S. are sized like this.

For example, if the child's size on the label is a 7, Amazon shows it as 7 years. This can be confusing to customers because a size 7 could fit many different body types. A 5 year old may fit in a size 7. So putting '7 years' as a size is misleading to customers.

We have adjusted our business and follow Amazon's sizing. I just wanted to voice my opinion on it.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post