user profile
Sign in
user profile

Random unknown "adjustment" or "other" charges billed to your payment accounts. SELLERS! NO RESOLUTION! Amazon charges. All cases "transfered or "answered".

by Seller_f230iEOxANw9R

We have opened cases for each charges marked "other" or "adjustment". IGNORED and transferred. Came to a conclusion that UPS is charging us for amazon return labels.

ONLY problem, we never use UPS and our account settings have all (enforced) return labels only USPS.

All our returns come to our address on-time, with USPS labels, have the correct dimensions and address label on them.

Most of these AMAZON charges come (with or without a ID#) randomly about half a month or up to one and a half month later. Some are from buyers trying to avoid return shipping charges and place a fake return reason, we opened a safe-T claim, was awarded the shipping costs back and about a month later we get a shipping cost "adjustment" for equal or slightly the same amount.

When questioning seller support they closed the phone on us and about 10 minutes later got an email saying "shipping adjustments" that was charge to your account is because you live in a rural area, "mileage charges" "rural area" charges etc. NO we do not live in a rural area and UPS did not send this package, USPS did. We asked at the post office and they can not respond because the labels are issued from (the client is amazon since they created the label) amazon and there is not enough info for them to take care of this case by case. Also, they assured us that we are not "rural" and do NOT charge "extra" in our postal code.

Every time we open a case or talk to seller support, they "transfer" the case only to be ignored and never answered.

On June 06, The whole history of all these cases (case #12960135441) were erased from the case log Amazon. They do not show up anywhere and the case has shows "transferred".

AMAZON: Your case has been forwarded to another Amazon team and they will contact you regarding your question.

No one cares or notices because all these monies are "small change" up to about $13.00 everytime and coming slowly but steadily come out of our accounts. IS THERE A SOLUTION????

Tags: Billing, Payments, Seller Central, Transactions
42 replies
42 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_P1220Ik0HCmjH
In reply to: Seller_f230iEOxANw9R's post

Same thing happened to us June 6 with an unexplained, out-of-the-blue charge for $12+. We buy our own shipping now since Amazon-UPS ripped us off on an insurance claim. We have only had one order in the last couple of months, so this charge should not be related to an order. I have been dealing with Amazon customer service (what a joke) for a week and my case keeps getting marked as answered when Amazon messages they will be transferring the case to someone who can tell me what the charge is for. They repeatedly mark as "answered" even though no one has ever responded. This is a shady game Amazon is playing, obviously they are hiding something. The only way I can figure to get to at least get a clue about what Amazon thinks why they have a right just to erroneously take money is to file a charge-back to my credit card company. UNBELIVABLE, SHADY BEHAVIOR BY THIS COMPANY!

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_f230iEOxANw9R and @Seller_P1220Ik0HCmjH . Thank you for checking in with us on the Seller Forums.

There are two different ways in which sellers are informed of shipping adjustment fees issued by carriers for either outbound or return shipping.

These charges may be individually listed in Seller Central and linked to the order, or you may receive a monthly email detailing these adjustments, with the total adjustment debited or credited as an "Other" fee. Did you receive an email detailing the charges?

Adjustments may be for differences between the package dimensions/weight and the label purchased, or for additional handling fees charged for unusual packaging size/material.

You can read more about carrier adjustments in our seller help pages, linked below:

Carrier Adjustments for Shipping Services

Shipping correction charges for seller-fulfilled returns

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_f230iEOxANw9R I see that you posted in the below thread. I will answer those questions here:

UPS over charge

While that thread was specifically about UPS charges, outbound or return carrier adjustment fees can be issued by any carrier, including USPS.

The recent Remote Area Surcharge was specifically for return shipments sent using UPS, which is generally used for shipments over one pound:

Prepaid return shipping carriers

"USPS First Class mail will ship most items under one lb. UPS Ground will ship items between 1 to 90 lb."

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_f230iEOxANw9R. Thank you for the updated details.

Being billed a second time for returns from 2-3 months ago

The charge you received is for standard (although delayed) 'Refund at First Scan' USPS shipping label charges.

Due to technical issues, sellers were not charged for some USPS prepaid return labels issued during April, May and June. This issue was corrected, and sellers were charged for these labels last week.

Sellers are discussing these label charges in the above linked thread, where we will provide updates from our selling partners about SAFE-T claim requests.

user profile
Seller_f230iEOxANw9R
In reply to: KJ_Amazon's post

SELLERS can discuss these charges all they want. Administrators can give updates also.

Point is: safe-T claim can not be changed 3 months later. I COULD HAVE appealed the safe_T at the time and told them to give me 50% of the book (AMAZON POLICY) that was never returned to me, instead of playing around with amazon shipping label mistake charges.

Yes, and after the time passes (amazon policy) you can not do anything.

But as they answered me: We have denied your claim for order. Because NO MONEY IS DUE.

So I'll go add my name to the list so we can discuss this, just like we discuss this here on this thread. Thank you.

user profile
Seller_3wzBczgcWe0Ch

HI KJ_Amazon,

I looked back and found what I was referring to. It was a 30 day "experiment" which allowed customers with returns under 1LB the option of using UPS as the return carrier. Of course, sellers were upset because the returns would cost more. Amazon said for sellers to file a safe-t claim to recoup the return shipping price difference. Amazon then extended this "experiment" past the 30 day mark and also said the difference in the return shipping price would be automatically refunded to the shipper.

News article 8-19-22

Additional return shipping options for seller-fulfilled returns

As part of a short-term experiment to understand buyer behavior, from September 5, 2022, through October 2, 2022, buyers will be provided with the option to select USPS or UPS (new) when they send their seller-fulfilled returns.

Only items returned through Amazon’s Prepaid Return Label program and below 15 oz in weight and 130 inches in girth will be eligible.

Providing buyers with multiple shipping options will give buyers the convenience to drop off their return at the nearest UPS store, and encourage them to buy more from sellers.

Corresponding USPS and UPS shipping rates will apply. This can impact the label cost for sellers and you can claim a refund for the difference between the UPS and USPS shipping costs.

For more information, go to Shipping costs for seller fulfilled returns.

September 15, 2022

Reminder: Additional return shipping options for seller-fulfilled returns

As part of a four week experiment to understand buyer behavior, last week we introduced UPS as a return shipping option for items below 15 ounces and 130 inches in girth under the Amazon Prepaid Returns Label (APRL) Program. Until the first week of October, customers will have the option to drop off their returns at a UPS or USPS location.

We’ll use the information gathered during this period to improve the seller-fulfilled returns experience and our policies. We understand that UPS shipping may incur a higher price than USPS, and we will reimburse the price difference for every label created during the experiment.

To seek a reimbursement, go to the How to file a reimbursement (SAFE-T) claim section on Reimbursement policy for Prepaid Return Labels (PRL) in the seller-fulfilled network.

October 12, 2022

Seller-fulfilled returns: UPS return shipping option extended

We recently introduced UPS as a customer return shipping option for items below 15 ounces and 130 inches in girth under the Amazon Prepaid Returns Label (APRL) program, and will extend this option until November 1, 2022.

Temporarily offering UPS as a return shipping option will allow us to better understand the impact of added convenience on sales of seller-fulfilled offers.

We’ll continue to reimburse the cost difference between the UPS and USPS shipping labels. Based on your feedback, we’ll automatically reimburse all eligible returns by December 1, 2022. If you have not submitted a claim yet, there is no need to do so and we will automatically refund you by December 1, 2022.

user profile
KJ_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_3wzBczgcWe0Ch's post

Thank you for that detailed explanation and article @Seller_3wzBczgcWe0Ch. I appreciate the follow-up.

I do see that includes "We understand that UPS shipping may incur a higher price than USPS, and we will reimburse the price difference for every label created during the experiment." and it sounds like this was automated and for a limited-time experiment for a specific set of shipments.

KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_f230iEOxANw9R

Hello @KJ_Amazon we have a new UPS problem in the making. our return order where amazon decided despite our preferences to us a UPS label (here are our shipping preferences shipping preferences - which are only USPS and China post). SO AMAZON issued a UPS label for the return available to the buyer.

This is a $330.0 book that was sent priority mail Tracking Number 9505515805173188680070

NOTE: priority mail we send it with, is sufficient for return from the customer without paying a dime and the package would be protected.

The Return Reason: Wrong item was sent. The customer claimed we had incorrect info on the listing - even tho we have a detail sellers condition note, and full images pertaining to what we sold.

The buyer kept the book 29 days before the Label Type: Amazon label you made available to him shows

Shipping Carrier: UPS

Tracking ID: 1Z0V2Y989071602250

Aug 09, 2023 04:23:00 PM GMT-04:00 Stafford, VA, US Carrier received the package.

So we have NOT received the return back yet. And we have NOT filed a Safe_T claim. We know now that we will have SURCHaRGES from UPS a long time after we are allowed to file a safe_T claim and when we have resolved this issue.

So please assist us with this return. The return reason is a whim because the exact book was sent, we have images and condition note to prove it on multiple platforms. This return should be treated as a "changed my mind" return.

We will ask safe-T claim for the maximum restock fee of 20% according to amazon policy that we are allowed and the shipping charges which we have a receipt available -for priority mail. Then we will ask for the amount of the label amazon issued to be paid plus the surcharges that will definitely come 2-3 months down the road.

The dimensions and weigh of this book will be cross-n referenced on the USPS priority label and the amazon listing. We do not live in a rural area, so there should be no extra charges, mileage etc. from this UPS label.

OR?? Please lead us through this as if we have no sense at all.

Thank you in advance.

Order ID: # 113-7653876-8047462

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_f230iEOxANw9R.

Amazon provides customers with prepaid return shipping labels on your behalf through Buy Shipping. These are not affected by your shipping preferences.

For these prepaid return labels: "USPS First Class mail will ship most items under one lb. UPS Ground will ship items between 1 to 90 lb." You can read more about this program in our help page:

Prepaid return shipping carriers

For your current return, I recommend that you wait until you receive the return shipment, inspect it, and then file a SAFE-T claim for the restocking fee you mention in your post.

As for the UPS Surcharges: UPS designates selected ZIP codes for additional Delivery Area Surcharges and Remote Area Surcharges. If an order is shipped to one of these ZIP codes (either outbound or return), the surcharge will apply. These are currently applied to sellers through carrier adjustments, and are not applicable to be included in SAFE-T Claims. We are still discussing these surcharges with our partner teams and determining a process for sellers to dispute them or file a claim. I will follow up here with more details as they are available.

Please search for the UPS "Area Surcharge ZIP Code Listing 2023" for specific details.

user profile
Seller_f230iEOxANw9R

Thank you. That's the plan.

The thing I don't understand is WHY UPS surcharges me about $15 total over-price for the same package that costs $4.18 (no extra overcharges). Same - this time I will keep images of all this info.

AMAZON allow's my company to fail so they can profit using the service they have a better income and partnership with - UPS - against all odds, considers my area rural, and for a couple of oz. ounces - 1.01 weight AMAZON makes ME pay 3 times over.

1) Amazon should be using ONLY USPS media mail because I only sell books. NOT USPS First Class.

2) Amazon should never use UPS Ground for ANY of my packages when the price is three time over the other companies.

It's called: "fair market price" and this is in the law and policies that amazon applies BY LAW to us sellers. We can not list items over the price/value of the other sellers.

Please, do me a favor and check that out. It is within your policies.

user profile
KJ_Amazon
Show post
our partner teams and determining a process
user profile
Seller_f230iEOxANw9R

Solution: NEVER USE UPS. No problems.

user profile
Seller_f230iEOxANw9R

Hopefully you will be able to do something with this case. When I do file to safe-T claim, I will add this link and ask for the extra surcharges to be included according to this link and post it here. thank you.

user profile
KJ_Amazon
Show post
Please search for the UPS "Area Surcharge ZIP Code Listing 2023" for specific details.
user profile
Seller_P2BTbR7Fl4aOg

Moderator Edit: removed inappropriate commentary

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post