user profile
Sign in
user profile

UPS over charge

by Seller_uISnKMuSmxLVi

I was additionally charged a ridiculous amount by UPS for a $6.00 VHS tape. Original postage was $2.68. Please take a look at the additional charges below. I have no idea what this is and how to dispute it. I sent the item to the address provided by Amazon using the Amazon shipping service.This is outrageous. I tried to file a safe T claim but was told this item was not eligible. I wasn’t denied the claim, the item was just ineligible. Any ideas as to how to deal with this, or who to contact. Any help appreciated.

Regards!

Transaction date: 7/6/2022

The shipping services purchased for the package did not match the carrier-reported charge for shipping the package:

Customer Entered Dimensions: 6 X 6 X 1 IN

Weight: 7 OZ

Carrier Audited Dimensions: 6 X 6 X 1 IN

Weight: 1 LB

Transportation Charges

-$7.66

Address Corrections

-$18.00

Amount already paid:

$2.68

Total Charge from Carrier

-$25.66

Transaction Total

-$18.00

Tags: A to Z Claims, Customer, SAFE-T
36 replies
36 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o
In reply to: Seller_uISnKMuSmxLVi's post

dmkrr

I would have used USPS for a few cents more, none of those things would have happened… what did you package it into have it just weigh 7 ounces… VHS tapes are kind of fragile… unless it had the cardboard slip case then it probably needed some bubble and a little bit of cardboard around it…

Good luck there’s another Thread about getting reimbursed, searching the Forum maybe your friend …

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

It appears that UPS did an address correction which they charge $18 for. The original address provided was incorrect, not sure if it was entered incorrectly or the customer made a mistake but regardless if there is an address change then UPS will do a shipping cost adjustment.

The bad news is there is nothing you can do about it, you will not be reimbursed by UPS or Amazon.

user profile
Seller_hA060q8nqygew

I have no idea what this is and how to dispute it.

Sadly, you probably can’t. You fell into the Amazon trap of thinking the ‘too good to be true’ offer of $2.68 shipping wouldn’t come with any strings attached.

Amazon expects us to know how every service works before we choose to use it, and unfortunately, you aren’t the first seller to be surprised by UPS surcharges added on after the fact. There have been lots of forum posts about this for months, if you’ve been using the Amazon Sponsored Discounts, you must have somehow not seen them.

UPS charges fees for things that USPS doesn’t. If UPS has to ‘correct’ an address, they charge you $18. I occasionally use the Sponsored discount, but only after verifying the address for myself using both the UPS address verification tool, and Google.

https://www.ups.com/address_validator/search?loc=en_US

That may not guarantee that the address is correct, but it’s enough to make me feel comfortable buying the UPS label, and accept the possibility of an $18 address correction if I’m wrong.

UPS also charges for returns, and those are at the full price, no Sponsored Discount applies. So if an address is non-deliverable for whatever reason, UPS will charge a second shipping fee to bring the package back to you, while USPS won’t.

These are things you need to be aware of, along with other possible surcharges (residential delivery surcharge, buyer indicates address as commercial but it’s actually residential etc) you may see if you use the Sponsored Discounts.

I sent the item to the address provided by Amazon using the Amazon shipping service.This is outrageous.

A lot of your fellow sellers feel the same, just search the forums for UPS surcharge or Amazon Sponsored Discounts and you’ll see. However, it’s on us to know what surcharges may apply when we agree to use the service.

Now that you know, you can make a more informed decision about choosing that low rate the next time you’re tempted to.

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello from Amazon, @dmkrr. You have received some good advice from the other sellers.

First, SAFE-T Claims are filed when there are issues with an Amazon-issued refund. You can read more about them here: How to file a reimbursement (SAFE-T) claim

As for the charges you see, those are carrier adjustments, one for a higher audited weight and the second for an address correction. Carrier adjustments are charged to the shipper. You can file a dispute with Amazon via seller support, and they will research it with the carrier.

If you DM the order info to me, I am collecting seller comments about those fees and sharing them with our partner team.

KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_9LVKsPi0vYouh
In reply to: Seller_9LVKsPi0vYouh's post

Hello @MYROFI. I contacted you directly using a Support Case with a few questions about this shipment. Please keep an eye out for that ticket.

KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_1m3yEkSC3XFtS
In reply to: Seller_9LVKsPi0vYouh's post

The link you provided about carrier adjustments is not at all helpful as it only explains what a carrier adjustment is. It has no mention of how to dispute these charges which is the topic of this thread!

Absolutely not helpful. We need to know how to dispute these charges!

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND
In reply to: Seller_1m3yEkSC3XFtS's post

Here is the help page 🠪 Shipping correction charges for seller-fulfilled returns.

Which says:
If you believe you have incurred a carrier shipping correction charge incorrectly, you can open an investigation using the 🠪 chargeback issues page.

Don’t hold your breath though; there have been no reports from sellers that opening up a case using that path yields results; maybe you will be the first.

Keep us posted.

user profile
KJ_Amazon
In reply to: KJ_Amazon's post

Hello @CandS_Surplus_Gadget. In order to dispute a UPS adjustment you must file an appeal/dispute with seller support. If you have photos of your shipment or any details that will help your case, please include them.

If you are not able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction through support, please open a new forums thread an tag me.

KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_b9MTK4QOrYHu2

dont waste your time u will get automate answers like i have. I have video and physical proof and UPS and Amazon dont care. its is sad

user profile
Seller_f230iEOxANw9R

Hello, we are having the same exact/ similar problems with UPS charges marked "other" or "adjustment" with a small problem... We do not used UPS. We use USPS for all our deliveries and that includes returns where amazon sends the labels and we found out (despite our account settings to send only USPS). Every time we open a case or talk to seller support, they "transfer" the case only to be ignored and never answered.

No return "adjustments have been made to any of the account ID#'s. More emails are coming to include new random shipping charges. I am opening a new forum case and will include ALL these "adjustment" and "other" charges, but no one cares because all these monies are coming slowly and steadily out of our accounts. IS THERE A SOLUTION????

user profile
KJ_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_f230iEOxANw9R's post

Hello @Seller_f230iEOxANw9R. I have provided you with some information about carrier adjustment fees and other "Other" charges in your other thread:

Random unknown "adjustment" or "other" charges billed to your payment accounts.

user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu

Unfortunately when the buyer screws up their address on Amazon and you use UPS or FedEx, you are the one has to pay for their screwup. Did the address on the order look standardized, in other words, was it in ALL CAPS and did it have a ZIP+4 ZIP code and the proper appreviations? I find that usually when I get hit with one of these Address Correction Fees it is when the address doesn’t look standardized, and so I pay extra close attention to those. If I don’t feel pretty confident that an address is good, I will opt to ship by USPS instead to make sure I don’t get hit with the $18 fee. For instance, I had one recently where part of the address was repeated twice. If I had sent it by UPS I would probably have gotten hit with the $18 fee, so for that reason I sent it by USPS since we have no way to actually correct the address when using Amazon Buy Shipping.

user profile
Seller_Fz3Z47CpnTorz

Sadly we were billed $25,000 because our packages were off by 4 ounces. They billed us addition $12.10 for every order. If we put in the correct weight the cost difference would only be 50 cents not $12.10.

How does UPS and Amazon justify these ridiculous overcharges???

user profile
Seller_b9MTK4QOrYHu2

I am out 5000 dollars because amazon is letting ups scam me. they added 15 inches to 4 of my packages. WE will never get the money back. Even though amazon know the size of the box.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post