user profile
Sign in
user profile

Being billed a second time for returns from 2-3 months ago

by Seller_5xUDjRTyrAgVB

We received 8 charges so far (all overnight) from April and May. These were returns completed and we were already charged for these 8 returns. Anyone else experience this issue?

Tags: Shipping labels
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND
In reply to: Seller_5xUDjRTyrAgVB's post

Are they shipping adjustments?

What does your Payments > Transaction View page say, there should be info under the 'Transaction type' column or additional info when you click on the price (link).

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @jt_from_the, @Save_On_Product and any other sellers reporting this new batch of return shipping charges.

I am taking a look at the return label charges reported by sellers in this and Shipping services purchased through Amazon "Billing for return postage" and I am sharing them with our partner team. At first review these do not appear to be either carrier adjustments or duplicate charges, but I am continuing to investigate.

If you see return labels you were charged for that you definitely know weren't used, please let me know either the Order ID, or that you would like me to open up a direct case.

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello to @Seller_5xUDjRTyrAgVB. @Seller_6i9W5gaXTi9au and all the other sellers checking in about "Billing for return postage" transactions on or about July 25.

We understand there has been confusion over these charges. We investigated them with our partner team and can provide the following information.

We confirmed these are not duplicate charges, or carrier adjustment fees. These are standard, delayed 'Refund at First Scan' shipping label charges. You can read more about Refund at First Scan (RFS) for seller-fulfilled returns on our help page .

Due to technical issues, sellers were not charged for some USPS prepaid return labels issued during April, May and June. This issue was corrected, and sellers were charged for these labels earlier this week.

Some sellers including @Seller_LAigNSQBmElpV reported label charges for buyer-faulted returns. As is standard for these returns, the cost of the label was deducted from the refund issued from the seller to the buyer, which evens out the cost of the label charged to the seller.

We are still working with our partner teams for answers to some of the questions raised in the forums. We will follow up here with updates early next week.

KJ_Amazon

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_a4veqxfRYWHbF.

We do not yet have any updates about these returns and return labels being discussed in this thread. We are still working with our partner teams for answers, and we will post updates as soon as they are available.

KJ_Amazon

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Thank you for your patience as we work with our partner teams on your questions regarding the recent batch of USPS "Billing for return postage" fees. We received additional guidance that I will share:

1. In cases where a prepaid label was issued for a return with a buyer-faulted reason: no further action is required. As is standard for these returns, the cost of the label was deducted from the refund issued from the seller to the buyer.
  2. If you already filed a Safe-T Claim for a return and now want to file a claim for the USPS return postage fees being discussed here: please navigate to the Manage Safe-T Claims page and check if you have the option to appeal. If this option is available, you can appeal the additional shipping, and it will be reviewed.
  3. If you have returns but the option to file or appeal the Safe-T Claim: is not available: please submit a case to our Support team that includes all of the order IDs, amount charged, and any additional relevant details. This will aid in getting a consolidated view of orders affected and for tracking. Once you have submitted the case, please respond to this thread with the case ID number and we will escalate to the partner team.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the above, and thank you for your patience.

KJ_Amazon

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post