user profile
Sign in
user profile

unable to charge credit card (need HELP)

by Seller_02sRLH0gmHdHQ

I opened my seller account Jan 2022. For all this time I've been using the same credit card as a charging method.

However; yesterday I received a mail that says "Amazon is unable to verify my credit card."

I did not change any information like card number, billing address, CVV etc. I thought there may be a problem with my bank which is Capital One, and I talked with them. Apparently, no everything is fine with them.

Also, I tried adding two different credit cards too, but the result was the same. "Unable to verify"

Right now, I don't have any solution, and I'm seeking for some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Tags: Credit card, Verification
42 replies
42 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw
In reply to: Seller_02sRLH0gmHdHQ's post

A few of the basic things:

When does your card expire? Several people have reported issues with cards that expire as much as 3 months in the future (which is absurd; new ones aren't sent out that early).

Is there available balance? If you are maxed out, that can cause problems.

Is this an actual CREDIT card? If it is a Debit card, it might have gotten by for some time, and just now being caught.

As for updating, I have no personal experience, but many have reported things working best if the change is done on the BUYER side of the account; delete the old card, add the new; then wait 24 hours before selecting that card on the Seller side.

user profile
Seller_DMZwYrRSrTSuA

I am having the same issue, please let me know if you were able to resolve it and how you resolved it.

user profile
Seller_24FzucbyGtgZS

Had the same issue yesterday with my Mastercard. I keep my Visa card also on file in my account info as well and simply switched "charge methods" and that resolved it - for now.

But with Amazon always expect another F-U.

user profile
Micah_Amazon

Hello @Seller_02sRLH0gmHdHQ,

Thank you for reaching out. My apologies on the frustration that this is causing. When you register as a seller, you must enter a credit or debit card that will accept international charges and that has a valid billing address located in an eligible country. Your credit or debit card will be billed the monthly fee (if applicable) or USD 1 (excl. VAT) for purposes of validating the card. For more information, go to bank account and debit card information.

If you have received an error message about your credit card, it is important to update your credit card information as soon as possible.

Check the below information related to your credit card:

• Is the credit card valid?
  • Is there a minimum charge amount?
  • Are you using a pre-paid card? (Note: Use of a pre-paid card is not accepted for a selling account.)
  • Does the bank have a record of the charge attempt?
  • Are there bank limits or policies that prevent the charge attempt from being authorized?
  • Is there any incorrect credit card information entered? (Note: All the credit card information entered such as number, name, address, ZIP code, or expiration date must be an exact match with your card details.)
  • Is this chargeable in the currency of the Amazon marketplace where you registered your seller account?

Until the card verification problem is resolved, Amazon won't be able to process any payments for your account.

Accepted credit or debit cards

We accept the following credit or debit cards:

• American Express
  • Diners Club
  • Discover
  • JCB
  • MasterCard
  • Visa

Note: We do not accept alternative charge methods, such as prepaid cards, gift certificates, checks, or online payment systems like PayPal.

Please let me know if this help resolve the issue. You can also submit a seller support case and share the case ID with me in this chat for additional support.

Cheers,

Micah

user profile
Seller_aQELpSUQi3699

Double Check your address and Phone number. If you Do Not Put a 1 in front of your phone number this makes you unverifiable. Not sure about credit card on this however. Go to your account page.

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

Based on a couple of other discussions I'm seeing on the Sellers ask Sellers forum, two more questions for you:

Is this a MasterCard or Visa?

Is it issued by Capitol One?

A common thread among at least a fair number of people with problems is that it is Capitol One; not quite sure if Mastercard is an additional part of the problem or not.

@Micah_Amazoncould you pass along that Capitol One seems to be encountering at least a significant part of this problem, including among many veteran sellers who have used the same card for years, have plenty of available balance, and are not nearing expiry dates.

user profile
Seller_gjEgr1vOjq2BH

Having the same issue. Have you found any solution?

user profile
Seller_HOwrF6q2B2inD

Is your charge method a Mastercard? If so, I just read on another forum that it appears to be some kind of a glitch with CapitalOne and Mastercard. If you have the chance, replace it with a Visa card and see if that works.

user profile
Seller_QfOMEdO86I18m

I have the same problem. And I checked everything they said, and checked 2 more credit cards. No idea what to do. Buyers will probably cancel their orders. I cannot access to my account.

user profile
Seller_9rnLZvlHKKhkx

I have this happen every so often. When my card is still good for an extended period of time I just delete it and enter it back in as a new card. On time I had not pulled my card from years before

Go to original post