user profile
Sign in
user profile

Update to FedEx shipping methods on Amazon Buy Shipping

by News_Amazon

We've updated two FedEx shipping methods on Amazon Buy Shipping. FedEx Ground Economy, formerly FedEx SmartPost, is now available and FedEx One Rate is more easily accessible.

FedEx Ground Economy is a shipping option for small and medium businesses to ship low-weight packages to residential addresses. Currently, FedEx Ground Economy is only for non-linked accounts and offers:

• Delivery of packages in 2 to 7 business days
  • Domestic deliveries in the US with full residential shipping
  • Deliveries 7 days a week (Sunday residential coverage for nearly 80% of the US)
  • Shipment of packages 1 to 70 lb and up to 130 inches (length plus girth)
  • Twenty-four hour shipment visibility with FedEx tracking

While FedEx One Rate has already been available on Amazon Buy Shipping, it's more accessible now. As long as your package dimensions are within the One Rate package type range, One Rate shipping options will be available to you for predictable shipping costs that don't require calculating.

With FedEx One Rate, you can:

• Select a package size from one of the flat rate boxes, envelopes, packs, and tubes offered by FedEx, or bring your own box.
  • Provide the dimensions of your box and we'll calculate the volume into a One Rate package type (small, medium, large, or extra-large). Packages must be under 50 lb and envelopes must be under 10 lb.
  • Use with Amazon protection to be refunded for claims due to delivery issues when you ship on time.

You can now buy shipping labels for FedEx Ground Economy and One Rate on Amazon Buy Shipping through Seller Central, Shipping API V2, or certain multichannel shipping integrators.

For more information on FedEx shipping methods, go toFedEx shipping services and restrictions.

Tags: News and Announcements
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_KHcXMSlS94gJG
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

This is great news! - But - I tried to use it and it does not work! I have my FEDEX account linked, but our negotiated rate(s) with FedEx is/are not available.

We book it under FedEx 2Day - FedEx One Rate Pak. (We are using our box and entered the correct dimensions)

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

If FedEx thinks that we underpaid and assesses a fee, will that be clearly labeled someplace?

Currently, with UPS, some sellers have found undersized fees charged by UPS and passed on by Amazon with incomprehensible explanations.

Is it going to be the same now with FedEx? Or is it going to be done coherently and openly this time?

user profile
Seller_r9wMm8LrE5iKj

Caveat: Amazon feels that none of the rates they display are binding, and will dip into your pocket ex post facto at their leisure (like, months after the fact).

So, treat any of these "promises" like "the check is in the mail." And certainly don't try the same thing (asking for more money after the sale) with your buyers ... just because it's OK for Amazon, doesn't mean it's OK for you.

user profile
Seller_XctrnMCRNHJ2p

we are not seeing our negotiated prices with fedex the price showing on amazon is $4 extra

user profile
Seller_z3XfkorVSmnEY

So, how do we know what FedEx box size to use? When we see this option it just says "FedEx One Rate" with no package size noted.

user profile
Seller_6Lnx885wBx0tV

Where is the article that states you are turning on Shipping Settings Automation without our authorization? And without being seller prime fulfillment?

Two times now there has been a shipping template I created, then an order comes in under completely different settings and I learned this button was turned on, without my knowledge.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post