user profile
Sign in
user profile

Our Favorite Repeat Abusive Customer Figured Out How to Open AtoZ Claims....Now What?!

by Seller_NrQ5SQL5FHGGn

We have a multiple repeat customer who without fail every time they place an order they write us saying there was some type of defect or whatever issue they can come up with to try and solicit more free product from us. The first few times we gave in, we're good to our customers even when we know it's a game, the dozen times after that we haven't given in and even got to the point where we told the customer "if our product isn't meeting your expectations we would suggest you don't purchase it", I shocked myself that I had written that that but I did. Of course they never stopped purchasing and never stopped doing the same thing, reporting issues trying to get free product each time.

Well looks like they've now graduated to opening INR claims for these same orders as we're not giving in and sending them free product anymore, these same orders they have multiple messages sent to us reporting supposed defects they are now saying they never received and they are opening AtoZ claims for.

The first one was yesterday and I think perhaps Amazon is wise to this guy, complete shocker there, because they granted the claim yet didn't charge it to us. Never seen it before but I a message that Amazon is covering it because we're a good seller, although next time it won't be.

You can imagine my shock when I saw that but hey we appreciated it, I think Amazon should have just denied the claim but it's their circus I suppose.

Well of course since he got his money back he decided to open another claim today for an even older order and I highly doubt Amazon will be that accommodating again.

What do we do here? I can't cancel his order every time they come in and eventually I'm sure he's going to figure out how to leave bad feedback for us as well. He has already left bad reviews on the products. This is a pretty bad situation we've been put in...

Tags: A to Z Claims
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NrQ5SQL5FHGGn
In reply to: Seller_NrQ5SQL5FHGGn's post

Anyone have any insight, really stuck in a bad spot here....

user profile
Seller_MpdYQceaCrnp7

Report them to Amazon. On the messages they are sending and let Amazon see they are repeat offenders.

user profile
Seller_ygcjnXMvC7GA2

Amazon should allow you to stop the customer buying from like other site. The problem solve for you and Amazon and the customer will not do it to other seller and will learn to stop playing games. We have a customer bought a magazine and said that does not needed and never send it back. We are waiting to see what next the customer will do.

user profile
Seller_xlf3vF516IRli

I had a customer that messaged me that she got her orders, yes multiple, LOVED them, left me positive feedback on the orders, and then filed INR on both orders. It took a MOD jumping in to help get them reversed. Her communication with me was CLEAR that she got them. Her words on the claims were "never received"... It was an obvious and clear cut case of the buyer trying to get stuff for free. I'd recommend @Veronica_Amazon to take a look at your case if the pattern continues. Post order numbers with an indication of which one had a claim filed against it already.

user profile
Seller_HiTXE2Jfg6hnF

How much do these items cost? Were they under $10?

You should've contacted Bezos, seller-central support, and maybe even regular customer support all simultaneously and made sure a complaint was put on file about the buyer and about the overall customer abuse. But supposedly, Amazon kicks abusive customers from their platform, so maybe they're already eying the person. But I guess now is better than never. You've opened a thread on it which has brought attention to it. So I guess it's a start.

user profile
Seller_5D33kXa2Zzfw4

Sounds like a competitor trying to get you kicked off the listing

user profile
Seller_WtOwWhtSrFjva

You should never give in to the customer as long as you have done everything right.

Amazon will pay if you buy the shipping from them.

You can report them. Especially on the email as saying they are trying to defraud you.

user profile
Seller_ToPPYvOWlyp9j

Dependent on how many times this customer is buying monthly and what yr selling volume is, we would cancel.

In books, an aggregator or nefarious drop-shipper, will be discouraged from buying if one cancels an order two or three times; forced to buy a more expensive volume or purchase from a less dependable vendor. Cancellation is the best way to get rid of these pests.

Most of these folks want to keep under the AMZ radar, so don't complain or leave neg. FB if receive a cancellation.

Sounds as if this buyer is already under AMZ's surveillance. Follow @Home_Hardware_Solutions/@gardenking's advice, report each of these attempts to get free merchandise-past and future!

user profile
Seller_bgmcNFSQ8G693

Have had this happen a few times.

Customer purchases - and then either sends a cancellation request after it ships, or opens a return request saying "defective"

Usually happens on lower dollar items - my guess is the customer is just hoping you will refund it without a return (as most big companies would)

Your big error was emailing the customer - now they know you have taken notice. Sometimes its a good thing to "pretend" to be a massive operation and play dumb. Act as if you do not notice.

When this happens (usually get about 1 buyer doing something like this a year). prior to cancelling, I will report abuse with the order number that has been placed, and then reference every single order number in the case - and then proceed to open a report abuse for each individual order number - and continue to reference each order in the text.

If a customer does it about 4 times is when I start reporting. It has stopped once I started reporting - usually after double digit orders with the same issue

Hope this helps!

user profile
Seller_NrQ5SQL5FHGGn

Well they did it again, placed an order last week started claiming the same issue....yet keep buying, and then opened a claim.

This is ridiculous

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post