user profile
Sign in
user profile

FedEx sends picture proof of deliveres

by Seller_H1441dhXWR7eP

So, recently my wife purchased some items from amazon.com and they were delivered by FedEx. Since this was on a Saturday and we were not home, The driver scanned the package and also posted a picture for us to view of the package by the front door. nice to see it was delivered.

Now having worked for FedEx for many years and UPS in my early 20’s it was nice to see that they took the time to validate and confirm that the package was delivered to us. So knowing that the end all be all as confirmation goes with Amazon is a signature. Will they allow us to use these photos as evidence to show that the package has arrived to the customer? Can we end these Not delivered / Possible lost scam fraudsters from taking our items and the cash?

I know it is a long shot but it is photo proof that the packages was delivered, it showed the package and my front door with my numbers on it. It of makes sense, since a valid safe drop location consider by all carriers in the industry is the front door.

Tags: Images
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_zDXVpmGz86diF
In reply to: Seller_H1441dhXWR7eP's post

While such photos might appease some buyers, or at least get some buyers to deal with porch pirate theft on their own rather than immediately blaming the carrier for non-delivery, such photos do nothing to prove that 5 seconds after the photo was taken the driver him/herself didn’t pick up the package and put it back on the truck.

We all know that Amazon is still going to expect delivery to mean in the hands of the buyer (or at least in the hands of SOMEONE at the shipping address) and not sitting on the front porch waiting to be seized by the next porch pirate.

Edited by: Hit the Books on Jan 30, 2018 7:57 AM

user profile
Seller_Xpktjspu2oF5C

That is cool!

As far as Amazon goes, they will more than likely find some way to wiggle out of that.

Right now the USPS tracking with GPS location data is within +/- 3 FEET of the delivery location and the a-z agent claims that is not enough proof of delivery.

user profile
Seller_fVTIya2O4GCgI

Will it help us with Amazon? Doubt it. Can see why FX is doing this though, it leaves them out of any claims or hassle after the porch pirates get it.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post