user profile
Sign in
user profile

Attention! Fake Amazon order receipt SCAM!

by Seller_fIl1TMRe2pyc4

Recently, there is a scammer emailed us saying our product is defective and asked for a replacement. Normal procedure we requested the customer to provide an order number. We used the number and it does not pull up anything on Amazon. We then asked the scammer to provide an order receipt. The scammer then sent us an order receipt that looks very legit. You really can’t tell it is a fake receipt. What brought us attention is the “Sold by: (our brand name)” on the receipt. Our brand name and business name is actually different. The “Sold by: XXXXX” should be the Amazon business name, not our brand name. Upon further investigation, we discovered this scammer had used the same way in the past with a different fake order receipt. And we actually shipped the “replacement” (just found out we got scammed) to this scammer in June because we thought it was a system glitch on our end. Now this scammer contacts us on Aug 6 again and provided another fake Amazon order receipt and ask for another “replacement”. Both receipts look almost identical, it has the same street number, city and zip code. The only difference is the customer name and street address is changed from “Road” to “Lane”. I believe this scammer wanted to make it looks different on the address but still have the same street number so he/she could get the free “replacement”. I sent the email conversation and the fake receipts to stop-spoofing@amazon.com but only got an auto-response message. No follow up email at all.

This online scamming is a serious fraud, I believe this scammer uses some kind of software to generate a fake Amazon order receipt to scam the sellers. I am pretty sure I am not the only victim. I wanted to upload the conversation and receipt here so other sellers can be aware of it but I am afraid doing so will violate whatever privacy law.

Please everybody like this post to bring Amazon attention.

Thank you

Tags: Address
50 replies
50 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jw3HRo32wY2Hk
In reply to: Seller_fIl1TMRe2pyc4's post

Yes looks like they fooled you, but if no trace of order ID or buyer email in your records, ultimately that’s how you know these are a scam. Such scams are pretty typical, and looks like in your case the scammer was trying their luck again!

user profile
Seller_1EskFdm7jscEo

First time I have ever seen that e-mail address:
stop-spoofing@amazon.com
Where did you get that e-mail address from?
@Oneida @papyrophilia @Rushdie @Dogtamer did you ever see that e-mail address before?

user profile
Seller_hx81JRXVMmKNY

The lengths people will go to get free stuff boggles the mind.

user profile
Seller_A9osZwkSLE1XG
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_SDrwXfBql8fne

While we should all try to provide the best customer service possible, there is a limit. If a product is defective, have them submit a return request and go from there. If it is indeed a scam (fake order number, etc) it won’t go through.

We never send a replacement to ANYONE as Amazon doesn’t protect us from A-Z and / or chargebacks because there is absolutely no way to verify a replacement was sent.

BTW…good catch on the scammer. Glad you weren’t bitten twice.

user profile
Seller_93tzKXXiElxCq

Yes, we’ve had the exact same thing happen to us! The customer said the product was defective and wanted a replacement. I asked if the customer could please send back the “defective” item and I’d send a replacement, but he said he’d thrown the defective item away (the scammers always say this).

I asked for the Amazon order number, and the number he gave me didn’t come up in our SellerCentral orders. I let the customer know, and he insisted he bought it from us on Amazon. I asked if he could please send the Amazon invoice, and he totally sent me a fake invoice! It looked legitimate, but having sold on Amazon for over a decade, I noticed three things wrong with it.

At that point, I called him out on the fake invoice and pointed out it was evidence of fraud. He never emailed me again.

user profile
Seller_7ImuNIeW1boIT

Thank you for the information. We just went through the same situation, thankfully we asked the scammer to contact Amazon Customer Service directly because we can not track the order number he provided. This is horrible.

user profile
Seller_g0KrYO1Zm7nuX

Return it for a refund and then they can reorder if they wish…That will stop any of that nonsense!

user profile
Seller_DBzTQPDCouH9d

I hate scammers. Thus I hate Amazon.

user profile
Seller_AfZYqMZQJkEL2

This is one of the reasons why amazon should stop penalizing sellers for returns because people are taking undue advantages of the return policy to defraud sellers. Just today I refunded a buyer who vowed that package was never delivered to him with tracking number showing delivered. But I refunded anyway because reporting to amazon would have caused more pains.

Go to original post