user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customers can't review product due to "Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product. Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews.""

by Seller_GzBcsIwrjM9Wr

Hi there, I had a customer that we were dealing with customer service for who was pleased with our product & service and wanted to leave a review. They bought directly from our Shopify website rather than Amazon but wanted to leave their review of the product & their experience somewhere. That's when they encountered this message: "Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product. Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews."

I know there are previous posts saying something along the lines of "I've never in a million years had a customer ask to leave a review" and I'm sorry that hasn't happened to some people, but I swear multiple unprompted customers have asked about this before and I have email proof. No refunds of order, no promises of gift cards like many product sold on Amazon.

How can I get this reviewing ban lifted so my legitimate customers can leave reviews? ASIN is B09VP94SXZ

Tags: Increase reviews
15 replies
15 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_rI7BZIczK8iAC
In reply to: Seller_GzBcsIwrjM9Wr's post

user profile
Seller_GzBcsIwrjM9Wr
Show post
How can I get this reviewing ban lifted

Not at all.

user profile
Seller_GzBcsIwrjM9Wr
Show post
my legitimate customers can leave reviews

YOUR customers (buying "directly from your Shipify website") cannot leave reviews on Amazon. Amazon's customer buying from Amazon can.

"we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews"

user profile
Seller_4zBzdtgCyS9EI

user profile
Seller_GzBcsIwrjM9Wr
Show post
They bought directly from our Shopify website
user profile
Seller_GzBcsIwrjM9Wr
Show post
wanted to leave their review of the product & their experience somewhere.

They can do that on shopify then!

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

user profile
Seller_GzBcsIwrjM9Wr
Show post
I swear multiple unprompted customers have asked about this before

.So you've had multiple customers (that you know of; there may be more!) buying your items other than on Amazon, then attempting to leave a review on Amazon?

And you're wondering why Amazon "has noticed unusual reviewing activity"???

Your legitimate AMAZON customers can still leave a review.

user profile
Roberto_Amazon

Hello @Seller_GzBcsIwrjM9Wr

This is Roberto and I wanted to continue this discussion. This is a sensitive matter and should not be taken lightly, as other members mentioned in this thread.

If we detect any suspicious activity, the customer's ability to leave reviews will be limited. We take the integrity of the reviews very seriously, and we encourage our Selling Partners to abide by these policies to avoid additional measures on their accounts:

Customer product reviews policies

Thank you for your understanding,

Roberto

user profile
Seller_b2ARmBJO3xrEf

I think ALL reviews should have to be verified buyers. Should cut down on bogus reviews. I'd also like to see them require a photo so sellers cannot keep changing the product to retain the review history on a different product.

user profile
Seller_WtOwWhtSrFjva

I cannot even find the product. But if Amazon is limiting reviews, you better be careful. They think you are paying someone to leave reviews. This will get you banned for life.

user profile
Seller_FwpA1naSVnywt

There is no problem moving reviews from Amazon to Shopify or any of your other websites. People make up comments there all the time. However, Amazon has a policy to follow for reviews/feedback. And you have to follow it or you find out, as you just found out.

user profile
Seller_0rXAME9V4LQSx

You've had it for sale less than a year on the site and have almost 60 reviews on amazon. But none on any other site I saw it on. That would raise red flags with me too.

user profile
Seller_GPyQzL3sXyw6L

If people are buying the same product from your Shopify store, then refer them to Google reviews or Yelp or a myriad of other review platforms. You should be thrilled that you are not paying Amazon their 15% cut on your direct sales and have to deal with excessive returns as a result. You should encourage reviews outside of Amazon not refer them to Amazon to review.

Now for your customers that have purchased your product via Amazon, then they can leave verified reviews so there is no harm, no foul.

user profile
Seller_CyGI7lF1437gx

Interesting topic. Because Amazon cannot verify these reviews (which could be family and friends) they will definitely limit the reviews, especially if you are getting a bunch in a short period . Seems like you need Amazon sales and let the verified reviews happen organically, which is a slow process. We get about 5-10 reviews per month on a product we sell about 700 orders a month on.

If your product is registered with Brand Registry look into the Amazon Affiliate Attribute link to earn a a commission on sales you send to Amazon. It can help offset the fees.

Go to original post