user profile
Sign in
user profile

Ship to AWD or FBA?

by Seller_Nz2AKCt0vepbM

I just shipped using AWD global logistics for the first time and my understanding is that it saves on FBA incremental storage fees while stock in AWD warehouses. Is there any reason not to use AWD for all large shipments if you anticipate the inventory will take 5-6 months to sell out through FBA.

Is there any cons to just using AWD to ship all future international shipments this way instead of strictly FBA which I have been doing the past several years?

Tags: Inventory
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_OgPvue0BQCjdg
In reply to: Seller_Nz2AKCt0vepbM's post

We're dealing with extremely slow trailer receiving times into AWD and delayed FBA replenishments. When it runs smoothly its a good service but has shown a pattern of becoming overwhelmed during peak periods.

user profile
Seller_hkt9xjPp3A2G7

If you don't want your products to be delivered late or lost, stay away from AWD. The worst Amazon program I've used so far.

They could take forever to pick up the products, and they will definitely lose their packages. They lost my 7 boxes, and I couldn't get a refund.

user profile
Seller_cfD3R8ySkiMeI

I have had nothing but a bad experience with AWD. As others have mentioned it takes several months to be received at the AWD facility. Our last shipment they decided to re-route to directly to a FBA warehouse without even asking us and now we are over-stocked on items at FBA.

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_Nz2AKCt0vepbM. Thanks for checking in with us about AWD. And thank you to @Seller_OgPvue0BQCjdg and @Seller_hkt9xjPp3A2G7 for their feedback.

Replenishment from Amazon Warehousing and Distribution (AWD) to FBA network

Amazon Warehousing and Distribution fees

As @Seller_OgPvue0BQCjdg mentioned, there are fees associated with AWD replenishment. I included two links above for you to review and check if AWD is a good option for your business.

You can also check out the AWD Fee Benefits calculator in the 'Learn about the Service' tab in the AWD program page.

@Seller_hkt9xjPp3A2G7 I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with the program. If you share a Case ID or more details, I can take a look and determine what may have led to that decision and if there are any additional paths for review based on the Amazon Warehousing and Distribution terms and conditions.

KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_JhhlJpj9iXPmU

Very bad experience, They take ages to deliver stock from AWD to FBA.

Not to opt during Peak season.

user profile
Seller_3f5HRuLsKFxRK

Don't trust the automatic replenishment from AWD to FBA. Their system doesn't usually work, and we have been having many products with zero stock because of a lack of replenishment. And even when they send replenishment to FBA they are late. Very complicated.

user profile
Seller_PZZGfKVuATjtN

How does Global logistic works? Do they pick on time? Can I ship DDP by Global Logistic? Are prices better then shiipping other way?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post