Handmade Community

18492 members
6863 discussions
You are not a member of this group
user profile

It's the Perfect Time to Request a Review

by Seller_HXCwG8wbrjzIt
in Handmade Community group

The new year is the perfect time to request product reviews for your holiday orders. Customers use reviews to find out more about your products and make informed purchase decisions, so why not take a few minutes to build up your listings?

You can request a review by going to Orders > Manage Orders > Shipped tab > Order number > Request a review.

This sends an automated email to customers requesting both a product review and seller feedback. You can use this feature once per order, 5-30 days after the order delivery date.

Check out these Seller Help pages to learn more about Amazon’s product review policies:
Customer product reviews policies
Inappropriate product reviews: prohibited activities

Tags: Customer, Product reviews
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Ggt6s7zXEwLbA
In reply to: Seller_HXCwG8wbrjzIt's post

It would be helpful if reviews could be followed-up. I opened a seller support case today (11702648471) because a buyer left a 4 star product review, but said after a few months a corner of a sticker had come up. I’m fine sending a free replacement, but only buyers who leave bad reviews can be contacted. How do I contact someone leaving a good review but who needs support? This isn’t the first time this situation has happened.

So what happened with seller support today?

First I received a bot response about how to remove reviews.

After I asked for a human I received a response that was poorly written, with repeated improper capitalizations, explaining that Amazon allows buyers to return products.

I’m done wasting time on piss-poor support.

Ultimately, the review process failed because the buyer, although providing a good review, expressed a need for support or a product replacement, and Amazon is blocking that from happening. It also appears from the review I have done nothing to help the buyer, but I can’t, because of Amazon.

user profile
Seller_la6yWqhB9Jzwb

idk…i’m in the “be careful what you ask for” camp.

Amazon already sends reminders to review purchases. Whenever I get them from sellers as well, I personally feel bugged, and less inclined to actually write a positive response.

And since the Ratings process (no comment reviews) is so terribly broken, I personally don’t want to encourage bad behaviors that I have no way to resolve.

user profile
Seller_CBpTBNUzk1qth

Asking an Amazon customer for a product review is risky business. The only safe reviews are those with 4 or 5 stars or listings with no reviews.

Marilyn

user profile
Seller_jUPlKGvF4B7bU

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post