user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Stole Our Money! A-Z claim appeal failed sigh.

by Seller_NYbl0oRnYRAWn

I am feeling a little discouraged mainly because business hasn't been doing well due to the economy.

I just lost an A-Z claim appeal, and apparently, there is nothing else we can do. This is the third time I've lost the appeal when I've done everything right.

CUSTOMER CLAIMS PACKAGE NOT RECEIVED: Amazon agent automatically grants A-Z claim and takes money out of our funds.

1) Shipping label was purchased through Amazon Shipping.

2) Package Delivered by Nov 27, 2023 - Nov 30, 2023.

3) The package WAS delivered on Nov 25, 2023 (tracking on USPS shows delivered).

I submitted the appeal on 12/4/23 (see below).On 1/14/2024, we received an email saying they have decided to uphold their original decision. (We failed, and they took our money).

At this point, I am not sure what else we can do in terms of trying to get our money back from Amazon. (PS: I am aware of filing income loss for stolen packages and damages). I mean, people who review these cases, how can they miss reading the information? are our appeals being reviewed by Ai? computer? by agents who can't read or don't know their own policy???!

I sell on other platforms too, and I use Piraship. Amazon is the only marketplace I buy shipping labels from them directly because of the A-Z claim protection towards sellers. However, after multiple disappointments, I might just buy all my shipping labels through PiraShip.

Here is our appeal letter:

Hi. The shipping label was purchased through Amazon's Buy Shipping, shipped on time and delivered within the delivery window. Accordingly to Amazon policy, we the sellers are protected against a-to-z claims and the funds should not be debited from our account. Second, i'd like to point out this order 112-7572733-3783451 was shipped on Fri, Nov 17, 2023, 5:40 PM PST with tracking number 9300120111411147970857 by carrier USPS. According to USPS website, the package was delivered on Sat, Nov 25, 2023, 12:41 PM PST. The shipment can be tracked using this link: [link] According to the order's tracking information, the package was delivered to the correct address that appeared to be on the order/invoice entered by the customer: XXXX, City, STATE ZIP CODE on November 25, 2023, 12:41 PM PST. Please help and re-investigate the claim since the package was delivered on time, our Order Defect Rate should not be affected and we should not be responsible for the financial loss of these claims. Best regards,

Thank you!

Tags: A to Z Claims
40 replies
40 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7LrAV0m5llaI7
In reply to: Seller_NYbl0oRnYRAWn's post

user profile
Seller_NYbl0oRnYRAWn
Show post
when I've done everything right.

Did you get a signature confirmation of delivery?

user profile
Seller_L9rBh5lIQCZ9J

This is sad. We had the exact same issue, and we no longer have the option to appeal. Opening a case does nothing. Its getting transfered and then nothing happens.

Its a shame.

user profile
Seller_aUbEyzlSSnsDJ

Been here a long time had a lot of claims we don't fight them anymore. We have learned to bake all off amazons delight the customers schemes into the price. For us about 7%. You just get upset when dealing with amazon. Being ripped of buy amazon and their scammer customers is getting really bad these days. Amazon is the only platform we get ripped off on. Sorry for your luck. We all get our turn on amazon.

user profile
Seller_NxPuqak8YNJEF

What was the SHIP BY date?

that tracking number shows the first scan - Accepted at USPS Origin Facility - November 21, 2023, 5:09 pm. so if that scan is after the SHIP BY date then Amazon would deny it due to late shipping. It is not the date you buy and print postage that matters. It is the date that a carrier first scans the postage label that matters to Amazon.

user profile
Seller_7LrAV0m5llaI7

user profile
Seller_rttt1yARiCuPx
Show post
Can you show me in the Amazon buy shipping policy where it states you have to get one?

You don't have to, but it's part of the A to Z appeal policy.

user profile
Seller_R2dP7Hunjcdj0

The one VITAL missing piece of this post is this:

What was the SHIP BY window?

You not only have to purchase postage using Amazon Buy Shipping, but you ALSO have to make SURE the package is scanned into the carrier's possession BEFORE the close of the "Ship-By" window as scheduled by Amazon.

Using the Self-Scan, or using a Scan Sheet does NOT prove that the Carrier has actually accepted possession. ONLY the Carrier scan proves that.

Using a Drop-Box also does NOT guarantee the package will be scanned that day, or even in that city.

IF you still LOST the appeal when you purchased postage using Amazon Buy Shipping AND the package WAS scanned into the carrier's possession BEFORE the close of the "Ship-By" window as scheduled by Amazon, THEN you have a serious problem, AND SO DO ALL THE REST OF US AS WELL.

PLEASE reply as to whether the package was scanned into the carrier's possession BEFORE the close of the "Ship-By" window as scheduled by Amazon.

If not, then now yo know where the problem lies.

Good Luck!

user profile
Seller_08TZq9sOIaGvv

This is either a computer driven high accuracy decision or it is arbitrary. I am trying to figure that out. One would imagine with the AWS offering that this would be 100% logic driven. I have found that with items from $50 - $130 that if I buy Amazon shipping and it is scanned the day I ship it, Amazon always covers as per their policy for INR. The times that it wasn't covered, I usually have determined that the package was scanned a day after the day I created the label. This happens to me sometimes on USPS holidays where I print the label to ship today, but forget it's a holiday.

user profile
Seller_W6vNnb9Dv4v3c

Write to your Congressional Representatives!

user profile
Seller_swDmtWkbQmCAf

This ie very sad.. I had the same issue for items that showed delivered and then still refund the buyers. I even asked for photos from the buyers for proof and show some cctv footage to Amazon but still lose the case.. Horrible AI. Horirble customer service for sellers like us.

user profile
Seller_CWVqoa7bcBLFI

Theft. We just updated our payment method with Amazon and immediately we were charged $11,000 and change on that credit card. Happened within seconds of updating our default ccard payment method on our seller account at Amazon. Luckily we caught the fraud due to text notifications on phone linked to account. No idea how this happened. Be on high alert for scammers and fraudsters. Disheartening so much fraud and theft out there.

Go to original post