user profile
Sign in
user profile

Two months after purchasing buyer says she did not receive her order!

by Seller_8Jq8ozrG4j8PX

Help !

I sold a book and shipped it via USPS on November 14th and the tracking at the time showed that it was delivered! of course, I threw away any papers I had from the post office. NOW OVER TWO MONTHS, the buyer contacts me to ask where her book is !!!

I purchased the label via Amazon and when I went back to the tracking this is what I got
“Label Created, not yet in system”

Here’s the thing, I tried to check another item I had sold previously and the same message shows up when I try to track it

What should I do ?!

Tags: Shipping labels, USPS
22 replies
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL
In reply to: Seller_8Jq8ozrG4j8PX's post

Well within the time frame for an A-Z claim.

Sound like the package was never scanned.

No reason for the buyer or Amazon to assume you mailed it.

Edited by: Lake on Jan 28, 2018 7:59 PM

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

I am unaware of USPS removing tracking information in under 90 days.

I am aware of sellers losing claims when they have arrived after tracking has been removed.

Doesn’t matter whether you believe the seller or I believe the seller, they have no proof and the buyer is protected by consumer protection laws and by Amazon.

user profile
Seller_iOS9gDd0kI95b

Given this situation, your best move is probably to refund in full. Apologize and invite the buyer to reorder if you have another copy. Keep in mind that even if tracking (which is now not available) does show delivered, it isn’t proof that the buyer received it.

user profile
Seller_8Jq8ozrG4j8PX

So just to give you all an update. We went to USPS office this morning and they were able to pull up the tracking history which wasn’t shown online. The package was picked up on November 15th and every since November 26th the package tracking history shows that it is in transit until this date.

Edited by: ymj1 on Jan 29, 2018 10:28 AM

user profile
Seller_tzfX0jBLBCmu2

As a side note, we do not ever use Amazon to track tracking.

We track off the Fedex or USPS websites.

user profile
Seller_1I2CYF3S9l0vE

Hmmm so there is nothing to indicate the package was delivered. Interesting. Guess there’s nothing wrong with my reading comprehension after all.

Edited by: scifietc on Jan 29, 2018 10:52 AM this makes no sense now since someone else’s messages were deleted by the mods.

user profile
Seller_DJJ740jdtcFsj

No, I understand that policy is offering insurance for non-delivery in exchange for purchasing postage through them. There is an offer, and an acceptance of the offer. If you wish to not require Amazon to hold up to their end of the offer, whether by cost-benefit analysis or you simply don’t believe the offer as stated, that is up to you. By all means, let Amazon off the hook if you like, we do not choose to do so. Giving advice to let Amazon off the hook, not knowing the cost of their product is lazy though. Yes, it requires some effort sometimes.

And your statement that there are too many different outcomes is not based on fact. Bunga would definitely disagree with you.

user profile
Seller_uPXKEZAdYjLr8

You used to be able to request they bring it up for you. Try contacting the post office through email on the site.

user profile
Seller_uPXKEZAdYjLr8

Just a suggestion, if for any reason a buyer contacts me about an item delivery, I pull it up on the USPS website and then email the tracking details to myself. That way if there is any problem with that in the future, I will have something in my own email that I can bring up on my own.

user profile
Seller_jCplQGatgWuNo

By this point it doesn’t matter whether you shipped it. What matters to the customer is whether it arrived or not. You said the tracking shows that it’s basically been lost in transit since the end of November. Refund the customer and file a claim with the post office.
p.s. Stop throwing away your post office receipts so quickly, that doesn’t even make sense.

Go to original post