user profile
Sign in
user profile

Suspended on first shipment in

by Seller_wLeSOpTBXBLJy

I was suspended with my first shipment in. Didn’t even sell one of products in question for suspicion of inauthenticity (<-----this is a good word ). The products were candy. The receipt I sent in they rejected stating it was unacceptable. I looked and remember finding it once, can anybody tell me where I can find in FBA seller policies what types of receipts and invoices are accepted as proof of purchase?

Thank you

Mike

Tags: FBA, USPS
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_reZTrvo5PVGjw
In reply to: Seller_wLeSOpTBXBLJy's post

Only invoice from authorized distributor or direct from the manufacturer are accepted.

Retail receipts such as from a big box store are not acceptable.

May I ask what brand of candy you were trying to sell?

-SerJ

user profile
Seller_wLeSOpTBXBLJy

Hello SerJ,

Thank you for your quick response. I was selling Tic Tacs I am an authorized candy and snack distributor. I submitted a hand-written receipt from my supplier. They’re totally old school, no computers just handwritten invoices, that’s it. In my recent appeal which has totaled in 6 the seller performance team said that they don’t accept handwritten invoices and submit original invoice or authorization letter. I don’t understand what an authorization letter can do and why do they need it. I did buy one of my products from a dollar store. Dollar store sells to people and the people can do whatever they want with the product.

When reading the seller policies I read that although Amazon does not require you to save all receipts you may be asked upon to produce them. There was nothing in the seller policy that I can remember that mentioned hand-written receipts are not accepted. Therefore I’m hoping somebody can provide me a screenshot or a page or a link to where the seller policies are stated. I have noticed that once you sign up for Amazon some of the original policies that they gave to you upon signing up are no longer available to you.

But I think Amazon is missing the big picture. You can’t counterfeit candy it’s impossible to counter for candy would cost 20 times the cost of you purchasing it from a store or a distributor. And no profit Nobody Does it and that’s the whole thing not the receipts not the invoices not the authorization letters but you can’t counterfeit candy and I can’t get that across to them. I’ve seen online to where you can buy counterfeit phone cases counterfeit watches but I have never ever yes have seen somebody offering counterfeit Tic Tacs or Charms Blow Pops or candy fish that’s the whole point.

Thank you so much for your time,

Mike

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

MAV-DAK’s post is the best, for an explanation of Invoices. Pay special attention, to the bolded sentence, at the end:

user profile
Seller_WQj6Zg0jH6DBA

An authorized distributor of “Tic-Tacs” is not going to be issuing handwritten invoices/receipts.

I can think of many “Liquidators” that sell shelf-pulls and short-dated/expired product that do business w/o records but, if pressed, will scrawl a nondescript receipt.

user profile
Seller_cjBwb6X1O3EGl

Policies are for what we can and can’t do. They have no impact on what Amazon can and can’t do. And even if they did, they’d just change the policy to allow them to do what they want. As has been said many times before, it is their sandbox and we get to play in it at Amazon’s whim.

That said, a “distributor” who only does handwritten invoices??? Oh come on. We didn’t fall off the turnip truck yesterday. That is pure BS. And if true, that distributor is no an authorized distributor. Distributors buy by the truckload. I’d imagine they would get at least a pallet of Tic Tack. You’ve been had.

I would NOT want to buy tic tacik from an unknown 3p seller who sourced from a distributor hand writing invoices.

Amazon does tell you what information needs to be on the invoice. And there is a very good chance that they’ll call that distributor, get a sample of their invoice, make sure you are a customer and that the invoice you sent matches that sample.

I don’t often say it, but you’ve been caught. Put your tail between your legs and hit the road.

You are a good example of why Groceries needs to go back to the very strict gating requirements of past.

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

Newly registered seller accounts are often placed under a review and asked to provide invoices without any prior warnings or customer complaints.

Suspensions due to authenticity issues, which were triggered by a bot don’t require a Plan of Action.

All you need to provide are valid unaltered invoices issued within the last 365 days showing detailed buyer and product information.

• Copies of invoices or receipts from your supplier issued in the last 365 days. These should reflect your sales volume during that time.
  • Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, and website.

Once you provide this, your account will get reinstated.

However, Amazon only accepts invoices and receipts from legit suppliers and not order confirmations or transaction screenshots from eBay, PayPal or Amazon. Also, your handwritten receipt won’t be accepted.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post