user profile
Sign in
user profile

Self Delivery

by Seller_70b3MOnBxqNgg

Hello,

I recently received an order from the same city as I am located in and decided to deliver the order myself as it would be faster for the customer.

I delivered the order and had the customer sign the the packing slip with the date and time to ensure I got proof of delivery.

Now I would like to update the manage orders tab to show delivered however I am unsure how to do so.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know

Thanks

Tags: Customer
20 replies
20 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_dxNiJ3wL98iWT
In reply to: Seller_70b3MOnBxqNgg's post

No, it requires tracking and is unprofessional

user profile
Seller_fY6dI71dCelqs

edit: Sorry …i have nothing productive to say and my advise may get you in more hot water, so i’m out, got nuttin

user profile
Seller_wsfFwaElPYzNg

There really isn’t a way to accomplish what you’re trying to do. The buyer and seller need postage tracking as well as amazon transaction data to protect each other, at this point you’re kind of stuck- you will need to call seller services and ask for advice. I thought about doing this one time when it was a business address, and decided against it. A private address there is no way. Not even if it were a neighbor or family member.

user profile
Seller_hXiz9WEBcgZSC

There is no policy against you delivering the order yourself. However, your valid tracking rate and on time delivery metric will take a hit on this order because you don’t have tracking.

Some will say the customer can claim they never received the order but don’t point out that they can do so even if delivered by courier. If you fear they will claim non delivery, you need to ship with a signature required.

Some worry that they will be killed if they knock on a stranger’s door. If you feel that, don’t go outside.

If you choose to deliver yourself, be professional. Bathe. Wear clean, professional clothes. Cut your hair. Don’t be a slob. Don’t drive a beater that leaks oil and park near their house.

If they are not home, you can choose to leave it, at your risk, or try again.

Amazon won’t tell you what to do here because if they say you are permitted and something goes wrong, they may be held liable. They don’t state you are not allowed to deliver yourself.

user profile
Seller_fY6dI71dCelqs

here is a topic we all had a look see at a bit ago:

Do look up the posted replies from online_sales, he said there was a way to add verbiage and order number, something into the tracking number area that worked for them, good luck~!

user profile
Seller_wT0Wt3DHYNHXt

Check the box next to the order, then choose confirm shipment from the drop down menu and click on go. This will bring you to a screen where you can manually enter a tracking number. I can not advise you as to what value to put here, however putting something here will allow the item to be marked as shipped.

user profile
Seller_IBB5HK1UKOX7k

Like Caan said , you assume all liability for any INR claim as you don’t have tracking. If they do file an INR claim, then you would lose but you have the option to take buyer to small claims court to win. You will win, but your time is probably worth more then $5-$20 delivery charge .
The only way to get the delivery off your metrics is use a duplicate tracking number for another order , but that may be against Amazon policy? ( Not sure) You would have to look into using a generic tracking from another package , but I cannot see it as being an issue as you will be assuming all liability in an INR case so it wouldn’t constitute as Fraud. ( You will have to look into it, just guessing) Now if you try to file a claim, then it would be Fraud.

user profile
Seller_WQj6Zg0jH6DBA

If it wasn’t an SFP order, select “confirm order” to the right of the order number in Manage Orders. You won’t have a tracking number, but you can still confirm.

There will be an invalid tracking ding, but it is minor.

If it was an SFP order, click the box to the left of the order number in Manage orders, scroll to the top and use the box that shows “Buy shipping/print packing slips”. The bottom option is “confirm selected orders”. Follow the prompts and all done!

user profile
Seller_5L16BWUHY7Oln

You might send an empty package to the address, and that will get you the tracking. Maybe you’ll save on the postage by getting the cheapest delivery method. But I don’t know if it is amazon permitted.

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

Amazon is not eBay with personal pickup only. No tracking, means no delivery if a claim is made.

Go to original post