user profile
Sign in
user profile

New refund scam -pose as amazon support

by Seller_tBsGeBaraOgMn

Someone ordered, got delivered and now wants a refund. We shipped using amazon buy shipping.

The most recent email via amazon support is so poorly written and off-base it has me wondering if the buyer is posing as amazon support. See the email below.

As in previous emails, I told them to file a a-z refund request and pasted in a link

Tom

Hello,

We’ve been contacted by a customer regarding the order identified below.

Order#: xxx
Item:yyy

Reason: Refund request

Details: In previous messages you indicate that you used our logistic services to send the article, however in our registration it indicates that the shipment was entirely for the seller’s account and does not have the seal of customer service by Amazon, so that we do not it is possible to generate the reimbursement, I verified in the system and indeed, ZZZZZ did not receive your article after making the revictions, since USPS took it as delivered, needing it with extreme urgency and the order clearly is detailed as "sold and sent by 00000 "must propose XXX’s request for a refund, please check and reply to ZZZZZ.

Tags: A to Z Claims, Customer, Refunds
22 replies
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL
In reply to: Seller_tBsGeBaraOgMn's post

Seems like the usual incoherence of a message from Amazon customer support.

Amazon customer support cannot tell you what to do.

The customer can file an A-Z claim for INR, you can either tell him to file the claim (if you bought shipping from Amazon, they should pay it) or you can refund.

Your choice.

Does not seem to be a scam

user profile
Seller_tBsGeBaraOgMn

I bought shipping from amazon to assure that they would pay for item not received. From what Ive gleaned; I’m going to be dinged one way or another --if I refund. Example: amazon refunding would cover my cost of shipping in an INR. However, If I refund, I’ll be stuck paying the shipping cost; since the order had “free” shipping.

user profile
Seller_QLimDY3PlgBrC

You didn’t state the reason why the customer wants to return the item, as chances are that you can apply a restocking fee to offset your lost shipping costs (but this depends on the return reason).

user profile
Seller_nkBcHPWfscgWg

Doesn’t look like a scam, looks like someone called Customer Support and ranted at someone who barely speaks English, who then had to try to tell you what the customer wants, which in this case, is a refund.

I would mark it no response needed.

user profile
Seller_S6GmT4NsZGHDD

We have an incident today that the USPS tracking purchased through Amazon showing that product delivered but the customer requested a refund as product not received and Amazon gave the refund from our current balance. We contacted the seller support and waiting to se
e their response.

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

If it were written properly, then I would be concerned. What you received is what our pro seller and transaction fees gets us - support that does not even understand the English language.

user profile
Seller_49pAMBSPEe6HX

This is the normal rubbish I receive all the time from them. Not a scam.

user profile
Seller_tBsGeBaraOgMn

FYI, we use shiprush to fulfill orders via many channels and most important we can use it to buy shipping from amazon for seller fulfilled orders, Other cloud shipping services are limited to seller fulfilled prime.
Tom

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post