Info: Why was my account suspended, immediately after registration?

PLEASE OPEN A NEW THREAD, WITH YOUR DETAILS, IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED,
AFTER REGISTRATION.

There have been numerous threads, on this topic, so I compiled a list, of things that can go wrong, during the registration process, leading to a Notice of Suspension, shortly after creating a new Amazon Seller Account.

#1 RULE:

Never use any information from a friend or relative. All information, documentation, must be yours and yours alone.

Note: To be eligible to sell on Amazon, you need to be resident in one of the following countries, have a valid phone number, and have an internationally chargeable credit card.

Countries accepted for seller registration

• If your country, is not included, in the above list, you will not be able to sell on Amazon.

You must use a valid credit card, during registration.

• Debit cards, will not be accepted.
  • You need a credit card, for information in Charge Methods, in the event, funds in your account, do not cover Customer Claims, Chargebacks, etc…

Payoneer, is used ONLY, to send payments to you, from Amazon, for your sales. It cannot be used, for any other part of verification, except Deposit Methods.

All documents, submitted, MUST be identical, to all information, entered in your Amazon Seller Account, during registration.

Check for any differences in spelling or different numbers, between information entered, in your Amazon Seller Account and all the documents you submit:

• Name
  • Address
  • City, Province, State, Country, Post Code
  • Telephone number
  • Email address
  • Tax Information or VAT Information numbers

You will be expected to provide, any or all, of the following documents:

• Social Security number: USA sellers
  • Tax number: International sellers
  • National ID: Passport, Driver’s license or any national ID that includes a photograph and your date of birth
  • Utility bill. Any of the following may be used: Gas, Electric, Water, Telephone (landline or mobile), Propane, Internet, Cable, Sewage, Trash Collection, etc…
    (A utility bill, is any service, you pay in addition to rent, lease or mortgage, provided at your address. The name and address on the bill, must match your registered Amazon address. Do not use a utility bill, with someone else’s name, even if they are your spouse or relative.)

Bank Statement:

• The bank statement, must be from your personal bank account and again, must match all information, used during registration, in your Amazon Seller Account.

• The statement must include, the Bank’s name, your name and address and dated within the past 90 days. You are permitted, to black out, the account number and the monetary values.

Very important, for International Sellers:

1. Identity documents must meet the following requirements:

• Submit a scanned color copy of both sides of your government issued national ID and merge the images into one file.

• Companies/Corporations need to submit a government issued national ID for the primary contact or beneficial owner. Do not submit a screenshot. Documents must be scanned and submitted as in an accepted file format: TIFF (Tagged Image File Format), JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group), GIF (Graphic Interchange Format) and PNG (Portable Network Graphics).

• Copies must be legible.

• Your identity document must be in one of the following languages: Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish.

• If it is not in one of the above languages, please provide a notarized translation, of your document, into one of the accepted languages.

• The name on the national ID, must match the name on your registered Amazon account.

• The national ID should not be expired.

• Translated documents must show the seal, stamp or notarized statement, of the translator.

2. Additional documents submitted, must also, meet these requirements:

• You may obfuscate account numbers or monetary values, but the rest of the document must be visible.

• Your document must be in one of the following languages: Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish.

• If it is not in one of the above languages, please provide a notarized translation, of your document, into one of the accepted languages.

• For Companies/Corporations, the name on the bank account statement, should match the legal entity name on your Amazon account.

• For Individuals, the name on the bank account statement should match the name on the government issued national ID and your registered Amazon account.

• The address on the bank account statement should match the address on your registered Amazon account. If you need to change the address on your Amazon account, follow the instructions here first, before submitting this application.

• The bank account statement must have been issued within the past 90 days.

* Translated documents must show the seal, stamp or notarized statement, of the translator.

International sellers

If you register to sell on Amazon com from a country outside of the United States, there are important steps you must take before you begin selling. The following steps ensure a great experience for you and for customers:

• To be paid, you need to provide a bank account in a country supported by Amazon. Currently, we support bank accounts in Australia (AUD), Canada (CAD), Eurozone (EUR), Hong Kong (HKD), India (INR), New Zealand (NZD), United Kingdom (GBP) and United States (USD). The Eurozone includes the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain.

• You must accurately state the ‘shipping from’ country in your Amazon com seller profile for display to customers.

• You will be responsible for assuring that you will meet the shipping expectations, for all orders, you receive.

• Products must be listed in U.S. dollars.

• All customer facing content and communications must be in American (U.S.) English.

• You should understand, the laws that apply to you, as a seller, on our website and only list, sell, and export products that comply with those laws.

Please, read: important information for international sellers, for more details about your obligations as a seller on our website.

Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers - FAQ

• Please note: Seller Identity Verification, will re-initiate, if you upgrade or downgrade a selling plan preference (from Individual to Professional Selling Plan or from Professional to Individual selling plan) and may affect your selling activity.

Not directly related, but an additional “checklist”, when listing products, for the first time and avoiding suspensions, that may violate: Intellectual Property Infringements.

Please, also read: Best Practices in Product Authenticity and Quality, then test your knowledge, with the Product Quality - Appeal Quiz.

Please also see: New Seller Checklist.

OTHER COMMON REASONS FOR SUSPENSIONS and HOW TO SUBMIT A PLAN of ACTION

If you need help, with a Suspension Notice or submitting a Plan of Action, open a NEW thread in the General Questions Forum.

Do not reply to another seller’s suspension thread (i.e.: do not hijack threads). Create your own thread, so as not to confuse other sellers, who read the thread and may offer to help.

• Post the ORIGINAL Suspension Notice, you received, from Amazon, at the beginning of the thread.

• Post YOUR reply to the notice, immediately after, your ORIGINAL Suspension Notice, if you have written one.

• Do not create multiple threads for the same problem. Post in your original thread.

• Be patient, be honest and understand, it can sometimes take up to 30 days, for Seller-Performance to respond to your Plan of Action.

• Do not send duplicate emails to Seller-Performance. Each time you submit an appeal, it may be counted against, the number of times, you will be able to submit a revised appeal.

A Plan of Action (POA), requires these four elements:

1. Problem:
    What problem, did Amazon state, your account was suspended for, in the Suspension Notice?

Examples: Inauthentic, Selling Prohibited Items, Negative Feedback, Opening a New Account after Being Suspended, Rights Owner Notice Complaint, Selling Counterfeit Items, Duplicate Accounts, Late Shipment Rate, Used Item Sold As New, Not as Advertised/Wrong Item, etc…

If there are several reasons, in a single notice, address each individually, in a single appeal.

1. What you have already done to correct the problem:
    What did you do, to correct the Problem(s), that caused the suspension?

Example 1: We have DELETED all ASINs from our Amazon Inventory, that were, Inauthentic, Counterfeit, Prohibited, Used Item Sold As New, etc…

Example 2: We have corrected the Title, Images, Bullet Points, Description, Checked Our Inventory, for Not as Advertised/Wrong Item, etc…

Example 3: We have contacted the Rights Owner and they have agreed to withdraw the complaint, made against us and they have submitted the Notice of Withdrawal, directly to Amazon, etc…

Example 4: We have provided legitimate Invoices, from the manufactuer or rights Owner, etc…

1. How you plan to avoid the same problem from happening again in the future:
    What business remedies, will be put in place, to avoid future problems, with your account?

Example: We will only purchase stock, directly from manufacturers or authorized distributors, who also permit us to sell on Amazon.

1. Make a brief closing statement:
    The key word here, is “brief”. Amazon does need, personal excuses.

Example: We accept full responsibility for our error and fully understand “why” (Insert reason for suspension, complaint, etc…), Please consider reinstating our account and we will never make the same mistake in the future.

Regards,

Your name
Your Amazon Seller Name
Your telephone number

Appeals need to be brief, honest and to the point. Use the above format, to help compile a POA, but please, do not send it in, until you post a draft of what you have written, back in into your thread, for review by some other sellers.

You will not be able to add any items on Amazon, until you are able to submit a successful appeal and have the suspension lifted.

There are different Amazon email addresses, for different types of suspensions.
The most common, is seller-performance@amazon.com.

Please do not private message other sellers, unless they have asked you, to provide additional information, you may not want to post publicly.

Updated: August 28, 2018 to add document language requirements and acceptable languages.
Updated: September 15, 2018 to add more inclusive descriptions, for Utility Bills.
Updated: September 22, 2018 to add note, concerning other Seller Identity Verification problems.
Updated: September 30, 2018 to add Suspension Appeal format.
Updated: October 8, 2018 to correct broken links.

Just opened my account, brand new, was immediately suspended after sign-up
Got suspended after registration
Please help new FBA seller,utility bill,business license
Suspended Appeal My account
I don't have a credit card
About the required documents from Amazon
I have been fooled by Amazon
NO utility bill,business licence or active listings,So i sent some alternatives but amazon said(you may not sell on amazon)
New registered account on Amazon and Amazon suspended my account straight way without any reason
A letter to Jeff Bezos on account suspension
After the proof is submitted, it is still frozen
We are reviewing your Amazon.com seller account
New seller, reviewing my account
"Amazon has suspended your account"
Why my first and new account suspended even i didn't list any product?
Legal business name, sole proprietor
New account suspended
Anyone else got immediately suspended?
Suspend
Acct Suspended after opening
Account suspended. I have sent all things Amazon need and received this email, what next?
New Amazon account suspended - Amazon Seller Performance not responding
Verified but still suspended
"We may not respond to further emails about this issue"
Please help new FBA seller,utility bill,business license
Suspended New Account
Amazon has blocked my sale by an unfair decision
$39.99 charge?
Utility bill - Dutch seller
新开卖家账户就冻结,不知道是什么原因,谁可以帮帮我
Account suspended immediately after registration!
Account suspended
Second Plan of Action after suspension created by lawyers. Please review
New Seller Checklist
Account deactivated
Paperless Utility Bill?
Sucessfull registering for a U.S. Amazon Seller account,but can't sell
Ive imported my correct ein # and amazon does not recognize? Any thought?
New FBA account suspended before even starting to sell
I just registered my account and now my account is suspended
Suspended - New Account
Just opened my account, brand new, was immediately suspended after sign-up
Opening account from another country
Account suspended
Reactivate account
Account tax information interview
Investigation: How sellers exploit Amazon’s loopholes to sell unsafe products
My Account was desactivated
Close account and make a new one?
Support Requests Are Ignored
Looking for new seller account help please
Suspended account
Account Review
New Seller Account Suspended
Account Restart Problem
Account suspension
Urgent! help me with Amazon:)
What am I doing wrong?
My account was suspended immediately after registration [CLOSED]
New Account Suspended
Yet Another Account Suspension Thread after Registering Account - nothing works
Can't find place or method to submit documents Amazon requires
Your account remains deactiviated - reasons unclear
Account suspended - Need Beauty & Cosmetics invoice advice!
Updating Legal Entity - Verification Documents
Suspended Account, not sure how to proceed, please help!
Fighting suspension help
File for arbitration
Suspension Appeal Keeps Getting Denied - Danny recommended we post here
Seller account suspended
Suspension of my new account
We paid Amazon for 2 month still account verification
Please answer my question
My account has been suspended shortly after registration
Hello,I really need help
FBA Listing Suspended: Used, Sold as New (due to damaged item)
Activate account
Suspended new account
Utility bill - All account get Suspended - review process by amazon
Becoming an Amazon seller
How to Contact Amazon Seller Help by E-mail?
Worst service
My Account got suspended immediately after registrations you must read full
Privileges has been removed
My account was suspended right after the registration
Account Suspended
My account has been suspended after approval
关于账户申诉问题
Account deactivated , im only few minutes after registering
Suspended account
Plan of Action - Amazon Suspended Account shortly after Registration, Please Help Me
Is this a mistake in suspending my account ? Please help me!
Can anyone help for account status case?
Hello, We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com
Account Suspended
Can my account be activated?
Suspended account
Belgium seller
Charge method with billing address different from business location
Account suspended right after creating, is my documents right?
Suspended account
Mobile phone BILLS - need Your opinion
Suspended, Seller-performance does not respond?
Suspension after registration without any transaction
"Acceptgiro" as a utility bill?
What with new seller?!
Seller account suspended
We are reviewing your Amazon.com seller account
Suspended Account Cancellation
Account suspended 10 min after registration. Any possibility to reinstate it or let it delete?
Utility Bill
Account suspended - invalid redit card
New seller account suspended right after creation
International seller New to Amazon
Account Suspended 15 minutes of registration
Account was suspeneded
Account suspended immediately after registration
Account deactivated
Immediate suspension after registereation. (How be noticed ?)
Anyone able to help me activate a seller account?
Help in regards to Kiss of death!
Account seller disactivated or suspended
Account Suspended for Registering a Debit Card
Account Suspended for Registering a Debit Card
Suspended account for no reason and no reply from seller-performance@amazon.com
The seller support won't reply to me
Suspended account right after registration
Assistance would be appreciated - Selling privileges removed
Brand New Business Account Automatically Suspended
Deactivated/Suspended Account
How to start working?
My brand new seller account is suspended
Please help, with my suspended account
Account suspended immediately after creation Amazon stopped responding
Provide input on our plan - HELP! (we are a legitimate business)
Error with "Legal Busines Name"
Suspended
Documents for professional accounts
What should I do when my account is deactivated?
Utility bill for a foreigner with US company
New Account Verification - Zero Response from Seller-Performance
Suspended Account Upon Creation
Please help
I can't get any response from Amazon!
My new account was suspended immediately after registration. Account deactivated and privileges removed. Please HELP!
Account Suspended After Registration
Suspension after registration
Your account has been deactivated
Amazon hesabı askıya alındı
Account suspended after signing up and know deactivated after signing up
My new account was suspended shortly after registration, privileges removed and account de-activated. HELP!
Who's friends with someone in Seller Support?!
Account suspended only days after applying?
Suspended account
New account Suspended need help with appeal
$39.99 charge?
Suspend
New User Seeking community help w/ suspension/deactivation
Suspended
My Amazon Seller Account Has Been Deactivated
Opening a new account
Suspended
My new reigistered account has been suspended right after registration, Please help!
How to get back my $39.99? Since they canceled my selling rights the first day I registered
Can you have a seperate selling and buying account on Amazon or
New user/ account suspended?
Account suspended
New seller
Account suspended and the appeal failed - Is it still possible?
What "mri-csf-siv@" mean?
You may sell on Amazon, then you may NOT sell on Amazon?
Utility Bill for New Seller
New seller account suspended right after registration
New seller need your help,stuck at ID verification
Credit Card Update Error
Why was I suspended as soon as my account was open
Who can help me, I am grateful!
Amazon requires payment for a blocked account
Account Suspended
Sellerssupport-inops@amazon.com
Navigating New Seller Registration
You may no longer sell on Amazon.com
"You may not sell on Amazon.com"
Amazon account suspended 2 hours after opening it
What "mri-csf-siv@" mean?
Bank Account
"You may not sell on Amazon.com"
Ask a question and get a ban
Indie Beauty Shop on Amazon .. how do I register?
Account suspended within days of opening the account
How to proceed with a POA
Utility Bill, Business Licence, Active Listings
Urgent! help me with Amazon:)
Why.. my account suspended?
$ 39.99 has been charged but has not been activated yet?
My Account Was Suspended Immediately After Registration
Entered wrong expiration date on CC when sign up = ban from Amazon?
I Suspended because Credit Card Invalid
My Account Was Suspended Immediately After Registration
Suspended account. we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com
Do I pay or wait for my account to be activated?
Utility Bill Language Assistance
Seller Privileges revoked?
Seller Privileges revoked?
You immediately blocked my account
Suspended and do not know why
Account deactivated due to inactivity?
Intellectual property violations
Suspended and do not know why
My new account suspended
Open Case Shows Response Needed From Me getting INVALID ACCESS
New Seller Checklist
New Seller Checklist
Account is suspended after registration
Just set up an account - instant suspension now banned?
The registration has not yet been answered
New or change Address
New seller in Amazon
I just crated new account and Amazon block me suspended
Textbook sellers - Trying to verify the authenticity of an email from Seller Support
Your Amazon.com selling privileges have been removed new account
Waste Collection Utility Bill
Seller privileges removed. Where can we see the reason for it?
Simple explanation is missing
Your Amazon.com selling privileges have been removed
Update your country of origin
Utility Bills
Amazon Account Suspended Upon Creating Account
Suspended account
Can I complain?how do I get my right
Selling on Amazon USA as a Non-US citizen
No fee bank account
My Account has been suspended, please help
Our Amazon.com selling privileges have been removed
We have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com
My account is closed
Bangladeshi Seller- New Account got suspended
I am creating a account but having this issue
My account suspended,i don't know why,please help me
Malaysian Seller - New Account Suspended. Please Help
Account Blocked Immediately After Registration - Some Guidance Would Be Much Appreciated!
Suspended account without any reason
Suspended account without any reason
My account suspended
Is it possible to re-register after canceling the seller?
New account suspended
New Account - Suspended in 2 Minutes
New seller: What is the manufacturer's part number and Manufacturer?
"Not Authorized" new account?
Please halp me with my seller account
I am just getting started, and needing some help
New Seller with "Kiss of Death"
New Seller Checklist
I can not reactivate my account
Section 3 of Amazon’s Business Solutions Agreement
My account
I am individual Seller but Amazon charge me $39.99
New seller account opening problem
Deactivated new seller account
Deactivated account due to insufficient information provided
Unable to verify docs
Hi, I'm a new amazon seller. I received this notification from amazon
Account Suspension - Valid Credit Card on File
Setting up seller account
Deactivated account
LLC for Amazon
I cannot reactivate my seller acount!
MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED help me please
New Amazon Seller Account Suspended
Account is deactivated but i have email aproval
How can reactivate my account
My account was deactivated
Account Suspension Why ? Couldn't even register on first attempt after being verified with all documents on Live verification!?! PLEASE HELP
Brand New Account Suspended before evening selling
Fed up
Account Suspension
CARZY AMAZOM PROBLEM for ME
Why are the support staff so bad
Plan of Action
Hesabım askıya alındı
Need help with Suspension Notice and Plan of Action
Need help with Suspension Notice and Plan of Action
Account deactivated, dont have utilities
Germany Resident With USA LLC Instant Banned
Account suspended (Am a new seller)
Taking over my siblings account. Transferring to LLC? NEED HELP!
Can I sell books on Amazon without being a business?
Slow account verification? 11 things to do while you wait
Account suspended right after opening - no account number
Proof of address
Amazon suspended account Poland
Account suspanded
Account Suspension... Please Help!
Amazon Suspending Seller accounts after creation
We need a group of people who have been charged $39.9 from Amazon but get suspension to sue Amazon!
[Informative] My new account was suspended shortly after registration ... Help by Oneida Books
Can we sell with the legal status self entrepreneur on amazon
New Seller Verification - First, Second, and Last Name
Help! I don’t understand what the problem is
Help - how to confirm valid credit card on file?
My account suspended, immediately after registration
Why is the global store plan not allowed to pass now
Hello team
Suspend
Suspended seller account
Closing Seller Account Help
Support Requests Are Ignored
New seller account suspended
Account suspend

This is wonderful that you put this information up. So many threads on this issue. I hope others will find it and use it!
All the best,
CJ

New account but suspended Why

With your permission I am going to save a link to this excellent post!

pinned #4

I think my account was suspended after signing up for Pro seller account
Account suspended 10 min after registration. Any possibility to reinstate it or let it delete?

This thread is for information only. Please read the first line at the top of the thread:

PLEASE OPEN A NEW THREAD, WITH YOUR DETAILS, IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED,
AFTER REGISTRATION.

Suspended right after Account setup!
New Amazon Seller Suspended After forming company!
closed #16

pinned #17

New Account Suspended Help Please
unpinned #18