user profile
Sign in
user profile

Fedex flat rate (just like USPS flat rate)

by Seller_mGMl3Jjw3tz04

So Fedex flat rate has gone national. This is at par with USPS flat rate and not the same program as one rate which has been around for some time.

Wonder when is amazon going to make those options available under buy shipping. Mods, any updates?

Tags: FedEx, Shipping, USPS
49 replies
49 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_183vbnXwiwQJ6
In reply to: Seller_mGMl3Jjw3tz04's post

One Rate has been around for a long time. There is no reason it couldn’t have been implemented before. I’m guessing it is mostly political/negotiating between the two companies. I seriously doubt Amazon is going let FedEx give 3rd party sellers the super-cheap One Rate pricing without giving it to Amazon themselves. Problem is Amazon isn’t going to ship in FedEx boxes. So I doubt we’ll see them available in Buy Shipping until FedEx allows Amazon to ship an item in their own polybag for $7 two day shipping.

I guess I could be wrong…

user profile
Seller_mGMl3Jjw3tz04

Im not talking about one rate. Im talking flat rate 2-Day shipping, same rates as USPS. Envelope for $6.5, pak for $7.5, small flat rate for $9.95, medium flat rate for 12.8

See the screenshots in the OP. For my account i can already see those prices for non prime orders! This will be game changer for SFP folks!

user profile
Seller_yM23qhCQVRNBZ

Huge warning to using those FedEx services, it’s a super dangerous game in some locations, at any point the postage value can be changed to standard rates. Personally, I’ve noticed only about 1/2 of FedEx employees even know what any of these shipping service types are, about 30% of my ‘one rate’ and flat rate packages are double charged from the ‘estimate’ because they clock it as typical Express or Home Delivery instead at some point throughout the delivery process. There is no recourse you can take because the prices FedEx give are only ‘estimates’ and they state in the sales agreement that they can change the price at any time to whatever they see fit without reason. I stopped using FedEx OneRate and flat rate boxes for this reason about a year and a half ago.

user profile
Seller_183vbnXwiwQJ6

8x6x4 is the inside dimension. Uline states that the outside dimensions make it a 2lb dim weight:

DIMENSIONS:
Outside: 8 3/8 x 6 3/8 x 4 5/8" (+/- 1/8")
All FedEx and all UPS Dimensional Weight: 2 lbs

Even if the OD is only 4.5 inches, that still rounds up to 5.

user profile
Seller_kmUj8GLEGeXf0

Price may be the same, but when it comes to 2 day delivery, Fed-Ex has done nothing but disappoint (me). USPS, on the other hand, makes 2 day delivery w/ Priority just fine. Fed-Ex isn’t what it used to be, IMHO.

user profile
Seller_m7SvkHZiufrNS

I know about Fedex One rate but the Flat rate the OP is referring to I can not find anything about. Did Fedex ax it?

user profile
Seller_BKlV7AqNr0t5x

Are the prices which you mentioned for 2019? I couldn’t find the rates that you mentioned. Can you please provide some link?

user profile
Seller_BKlV7AqNr0t5x

Where can I find this screenshots that “sellsome” posted ? Any link?

user profile
Seller_JKHdK9hkEBYc6

That is 2018 pricing though.
10.90 up to 20 lbs
13.45 up to 50 lbs

user profile
Seller_mPcPEjFxxAGfB

If Amazon doesn’t pass along flat rate discounts, then I will stay with Stamps.com. Stamps will implement special FedEx and UPS rates soon, likely by June 2019. I like the flexibility of comparing two sets of rates.

A final advantage, is that if one shipping service goes “down” the other stays “up.”

Go to original post