user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer changed delivery address after product shipped with FedEx

by Seller_kuvUbjBAq6Znc

Hello,

I have a customer that purchased an item from me that requires signature and has a declared value over $1000. The order came to me from Amazon with only the customers first name and address. I reached out to the customer and they provided me with their last name and phone number as required by the shipper. This information was relayed to the shipper for shipping labels, but the Amazon label only prints their first name and I couldn’t find a way to add the last name on Amazon.

I have provided this information to FedEx, but it only gets updated in their system and not on the label.

Yesterday FedEx attempted delivery and was unable to because the “customer not available”

Later in the day FedEx received a call to change the address to one of their FedEx onsite pickup locations.

I’ve already sent the customer a message confirming the attempted delivery and also the address change and saying if they did not make this change to please inform us as soon as possible.

FedEx says they’ll get a signature and check their ID and match the address to verify identity.

I’m looking for quick well informed responses because time is of the essence… What do I do? Do I intercept the package or do I just let it go to the FedEx Onsite location. I want to make sure everyone including the buyer is protected from any mishaps because this is not a cheap item.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!

Tags: FedEx, INR (item not received), Shipping, Shipping labels
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_EKHofnGUvXEnl
In reply to: Seller_kuvUbjBAq6Znc's post

You let it go to the FedEx location.

What probably happened is that the FedEx driver left a door tag saying they need a signature.

The buyer knows they are not home at the normal delivery time on the drivers route so they requested it be held for pickup.

Now the buyer can stop by their location with more control over the timing and hours.

FedEx said they will verify the person picking it up with a signature. You should be covered.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

You should not have hassled the buyer. You are provided a phone number that is anonymized. That is what you give the carrier.

It appears you are not cut out to sell $1k items on Amazon. I would not do it.

user profile
Seller_nkBcHPWfscgWg

Amazon prohibits you from changing the address on an order. If a customer needs to change an address or shipping label, they can cancel the order and place a new one.

user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl

This is NOT a change of address. This is a hold for pickup. VERY STANDARD.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post