user profile
Sign in
user profile

Anyone successfully file a UPS Buy Shipping damage claim?

by Seller_49pAMBSPEe6HX

How does one file a damage claim with buy shipping. UPS will not talk to me since it is Amazons shipping account. Amazon seller support is clueless on this. They forward to some internal shipping dept that says they cannot help. I paid extra for $500 declared value as well. This is nuts.

Tags: Shipping, UPS
57 replies
57 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_HHJqHzaLgvVyD
In reply to: Seller_49pAMBSPEe6HX's post

I’m amazed that no one has taken Amazon to court over this by now.

To answer your question, I’ve never seen anyone successfully get through a claim.

How is it acceptable (or legal) for us to have no recourse here?! Especially when you’ve paid extra for insurance and then are told “you’re not the shipper” – Something needs to be done to remedy this long-standing problem. Amazon needs to be accountable for this process.

user profile
Seller_X7PUNZOSncIle

The “solution” here is to open a UPS account through ebay. Get their discount, print and pay directly at the UPS website after logging into your account.
Enter tracking here.
Done.

user profile
Seller_jceOzRHLPQ3DZ

Get your shipping history from Seller Central (or your order tracking / erp software) and call UPS and ask who your rep is. Negotiate your rates with your UPS rep and use your own UPS account added to the Amazon Buy Shipping tool. As your volume goes up your UPS rates will go down. You can start calling your vendors and have them ship your products to you using your own UPS account to increase your volume as well.
Our rates are much less than what Amazon provides at this point, and the pain of losing margins in the beginning has paid off tremendously.

user profile
Seller_AfZYqMZQJkEL2

Better you let it go or continue your claim if you have extra time to waste. UPS will pickup the damaged package from you and forward it to amazon and that will be the end of the matter.

user profile
Seller_R2dP7Hunjcdj0

IF you purchased shipping insurance through Amazon when shipped then you are covered.

Amazon’s Insurance Company is U-Pic (https://u-pic.com/claims).

This is surprisingly easy to follow. Just fill-in the blanks.

Good Luck!

BatDan

user profile
Seller_Mzbg56z7Yxcd7

No. You cannot file a UPS damage claim because UPS says its not your account. I ship Fedex buy shipping to get insurance on high items and to cover those items from non-delivery non-sense. Never use UPS for high valued items via buy ship.

user profile
Seller_fdZxKnzFzaJgA

It seems to be nearly impossible to do that in our past experience. The best way to resolve in the long term is to contact UPS, get ahold of an inside rep in your area, and get a volume account.
Then set it up through amazon and it will display your negotiated rates. You then get the coverage of buy shipping, and can then initiate claims and disputes with your UPS account through the back end with your own access. By doing that this year, my UPS bill was $168k instead of nearly $275k. Its worth it if you ship about $300+ per week with UPS.

user profile
Seller_8kreriHp4aXhE

As a side note, what’s also fun about the whole UPS shipper account fiasco is that if a customer pays for overnight/2day, and you ship with a guaranteed service (next day air, 2 day), and then UPS misses its delivery commitment, you get the pleasure of refunding the customer the shipping they paid for, you get dinged for the late delivery on your metrics, and there’s no way for you to get a refund for the label you bought from Amazon.

user profile
Seller_z2QNoPZSaJ0cV

We had the EXACT problem! An item was received by Buyer–clearly damaged by UPS in shipping. We sent images of damage and contacted UPS and nothing: told we cannot open a claim for damaged items. UPS system wouldn’t even recognize the tracking # or order #.

We don’t understand this at all. Federal Express fully honor a claim --often arranges with buyer to pick up item plus packing material etc., --no problems.

Again, we purchased shipping on UPS through Amazon–so why no insurance coverage? We could find NOTHING on the Amazon system that told us this prior to purchasing the shipping.

user profile
Seller_K8M6KC6cUP3xY

Stopped using UPS after this happened to me.

Go to original post