user profile
Sign in
user profile

Returns window to be extended for 2023 holidays

by News_Amazon

Similar to previous years, our standard returns window will be temporarily extended in anticipation of customers shopping early for the holidays.

Our 2023 Extended Holiday Returns policy requires that items purchased between November 1, 2023, and December 31, 2023, are returnable through January 31, 2024, except for Apple brand products, which can be returned through January 15, 2024.

This policy applies to seller-fulfilled, FBA, and Amazon retail orders.

Although the returns window for most orders will be extended, returns eligibility for all orders remains the same.

For more information on our customer returns policy and to view returns eligibility for each category, go to Return and Refunds.

Tags: News and Announcements
66 replies
66 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_GpxiEwTpYANyX
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

While none of us 3P sellers like or want the extended holiday return policy (especially since returns have been the highest ever for us on Amazon in the 10+ years on this platform) this is policy. However, in the past they had holiday returns from purchases made in October or mid October and now moved out to November 1st which narrows the purchase span for return eligibility which is a good thing. If we are getting hit with high returns I have to imagine Amazon is too and impacting their bottom line.

user profile
Seller_WAZNnMBpd99sI

So why don't all sellers get the same January 15th return-by date afforded to Apple.

?

user profile
Seller_Nf0WXINNRpRfZ

Can Amazon provide a single announcement with a clear explanation for its decisions?

For instance, when extending return policies during the holiday season, is it to encourage potential customers to shop more?

Similarly, when there's an increase in FBA, is it due to factors like inflation rates or rising gasoline costs, any maths on it?

And if policies are being changed, what prompts these adjustments instead simple announcement with a starting date?

Regardless of whether we consider ourselves partners or employees, knowing the rationale behind decisions is crucial.

Currently, I'm simply waiting to see what Amazon might decide for the future with no clues.

user profile
Seller_2srXkS44rN39i

Some of us sell items that aren't really "gift giving" items. Like a $900 printer I shipped to a government office in Hawaii. Or a couple signature capture pads I sold a couple weeks ago.Or a commerical mesh networking unit, or a barcode scanner. Lumping all of us sellers into a "ships toys, clothes, kitchen and home items and phone accessories to consumers" isn't really fair to those that don't.

user profile
Seller_gatjkdfPmzT4O

"Buckle up, buckaroos!"

user profile
Seller_qbXUWwyag0ELm

"Except for Apple branded products"

Yeah, that's fair. Thanks. #saidbynobody

user profile
Seller_E6EfuvxVbfONi

I give Apple credit for telling Amazon where to stick their Jan 31st return timeframe. Maybe more brands will speak up.

user profile
Seller_Ha6JyVvDK6Ybs

Returns already up 10 since middle of September seems they didn't get the memo already looking forward to the 100's of hours needed in January to deal with Safe-T claims. Where My Item? Did Not Approve!

user profile
Seller_0qyRtqm32cQSi

Patiently waiting for an announcement that benefits sellers

user profile
Seller_sNpmfbRsQr05Y

As primarily booksellers (on Amazon at least), I don't believe we've ever had a "late return" related specifically to this policy (at least not that I can remember),

(Knock on wood.)

So on paper, this policy stinks, yet I'm guessing at least some others have been unaffected or minimally affected too. Here's hoping all of you are at most minimally affected this season as well.

Go to original post