user profile
Sign in
user profile

FBA Inventory Lost during Warehouse transfers but Amazon says "Investigation Complete - Contents Counted and Confirmed"

by Seller_VnwICARmIz18F

I have 3 shipments with lost inventory that went missing during transfer to warehouse BNA3. The product inventory ledgers clearly show that the units were received by Amazon at one warehouse, transfered to BNA3 and then lost. I opened cases for each of these shipment 10+ days ago and Amazon has either failed to respond or has said "shipment was marked 'Investigation Completed–shipment contents counted and confirmed'." I provided Amazon with screenshots of all the inventory ledgers showing that these units were received and lost during transfer. Does anyone know how to get Amazon to actually locate my missing items?

Case ID:14577329481 - 156 units lost by Amazon

Case ID: 14571063011 - 50 units lost by Amazon

Case ID: 14571186741 - 24 units lost by Amazon

Tags: FBA, Fulfillment center, Lost shipment, Warehouse
20 replies
20 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Dominic_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_VnwICARmIz18F's post

Hi @Seller_VnwICARmIz18F,

Dominic from Amazon here, happy to try to help! Even though an item is being shown as received in the inventory ledger this does not necessarily mean the item has been fully unpacked and all the units accounted for. If a box is intending to be transferred to another FC we will scan that box and send it through the system without unpacking it. When the item is received at its final destination FC that is when the units are unpacked and Sellers can reconcile their shipment.

I can see that for case 1 and 3 the team is still reviewing.

Please keep an eye on your case log.

Best,

Dominic

user profile
Seller_3dCXzX1Vlolpj

Good luck, Amazon "loses" thousands of dollars of our inventory every year. I have detailed invoices etc. all the proof they ask for and some % of the cases they still deny, and it has gotten worse in the past year.

user profile
Seller_xQAqE6K0eSCBc

I have same problem with recent shipment. Problem is that amazon "investigation" does not actually focus on what happened. like the weight of the package or employee / scanner check to determine what happened, 10 plus year history of never sending "empty" box to FBA , not even an image of box which was probably thrown away , instead investigation focus on my invoice which has nothing to do with what is inside the box

user profile
Seller_YICCARZsaPNtg

dealing with the same, amazon likes to loose over 200 of my items, send them proof we purchased tons, open case they reimburse for all the small amounts, the large quantities they say too bad even with more than ample proof. Funny how it happens on listings that amazon sells the same product, they just steal your items and re-sell them as their own.

user profile
Seller_72efbv01D1H4Z

having the same in Germany, send them proof and see if you can get reimbursed. good luck

user profile
Seller_mCxarFIyy1EdW

I'm facing multiple issues recently with FBA handling of my inventory, through each stage of the process. The problems are much more frequent and significant than in the past. Asking for investigation is unhelpful in my opinion. I have no concrete suggestions as I continue to hit walls.

The bandaid suggestion is to call support because they're at least one step better than going through emailing.

Still, they oftentimes have no real answer. I had a contining problem last year that no one could help with. I ended up attending Accellerate conference for the only reason that I could talk to an FBA person face-to-face. That was the only way that I received help, information, and resolution. I definitely shouldn't have had to do that.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post