user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon FBA claimed they received 0 unit when we had proof we sent a box with 103 units

by Seller_UsSv1XYVZgou0

We sent a box of inventory to Amazon with 103 units in it. We had proof that we dropped off the box at UPS, including the weight of the box.

FBA claimed they received ZERO unit. I opened a case including giving ALL proof that showed we dropped off the box. Yet, FBA insisted AFTER investigation that ZERO unit was received.

OK, how does the math work? We dropped off a box weight 33LB. Tracking with UPS showed AMZ RECEIVED the box of 33LB, inside there are 103 units.

FBA claimed ZERO unit was received. If ZERO unit was received, then what happened to that 33 LB of my inventory that AMZ FBA received?

We lost $6,000 retail value in that box. What's worse, now our coaching level is "Critical" because apparently we sent inventory with incorrect count.

Shipment Id : FBA17NB43565

Case ID ID 14767610801

I am seriously considering not sending more inventory to FBA.

Tags: Inventory, Missing
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
KJ_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_UsSv1XYVZgou0's post

Hello @Seller_UsSv1XYVZgou0. Thanks for sharing those details.

Have you gone through the full reconciliation process as described in our forums thread linked below?

What to do if you have a lost or delayed FBA Shipment

user profile
Seller_WtOwWhtSrFjva

You apparently put rocks in the box. Started having the same problem so we are going to be doing FBM from now on.

user profile
Seller_6qqukkKiDgco3

My friend, this happens a lot. I've not found a way to convince Amazon to make things right via Seller Support.

user profile
Seller_vWhgseZxKF7Jj

Same is happening to me. Package with 56 units is lost mid-transit. Tracking shows it, while SS is telling me that I didn't ship anything.

I am finding it really suspicious that this is happening more and more and inventory is never found.

It's such a put off doing FBA at all.

user profile
Seller_DprVJwcw1c9zN

Same thing just happened to me. I sent a box weighing 41 lbs with 35 units. AMZ said they got 1 but can't locate the other 34. Note that 1 item weighed probably a pound. When i opened the case, they asked me for invoices and lots of other documents, but when you get items from different thrifts stores over time, it can become difficult to go back when the receipts usually state knick knacks.

user profile
Seller_HoxGsvat5YBvK

A seller I know, ships every unit (small box, probably 6x4x3 inches) separately to make sure FBA does not mess up. They happen to be expensive sunglasses so the cost may not be feasible for your business but that is the only work around I have heard. We only use FBM ourselves.

user profile
Seller_rscxKt18JvzuA

We have dramatically lowered the number of ASIN's we have listed FBA for this and other receiving issues. We can't afford these hits to our bottom line. Very frustrating when your evidence is not allowed.

user profile
Seller_XJ5fPXK82lIHl

This has been happening A LOT recently. I don't know what issues Amazon is currently having with receiving inventory or if they have employees stealing product but they need to get their act together. This keeps happening to me and I see new forums of it almost everyday. Never used to be like this in the past

user profile
Seller_SoLZ1EvN4iszw

Happened to us as well. 360 units showed up as 0. However, later, we noticed a different shipment showed 360 over.

user profile
Seller_7EfDHeX4vaVCk

Same thing happened with us as well. We have provided them BOL from Amazon freight Services. Amazon's own trucking company provided BOL. And they have denied it.. Puling my hairs..

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post