user profile
Sign in
user profile

As a seller, I firmly believe that Amazon should allow sellers to block customers

by Seller_WdlbMeIGMvS15

Okay, so I sell music on Amazon.............not a highly profitable venture, but still. I recently received an order for a new, sealed CD which I shipped to the customer along with a bonus CD. The customer requested a return on the basis that the CD would not play in either of their CD players. Amazon issued an automatic return authorization -- without allowing any input from me, by the way -- and sent the customer instructions on how to return the CD and then issued a refund before I even received the merchandise back. I received the return yesterday found that the customer had returned a badly abused copy of the CD that absolutely could NOT have been the new, sealed copy that I sent. So, the customer swapped a defective CD that they already had and kept the new one that I had sent. I believe that Amazon should allow me, as a seller, to block this customer.

Tags: Customer
72 replies
72 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu
In reply to: Seller_WdlbMeIGMvS15's post

I think you will find that virtually all sellers agree that we should be able to block buyers, but unfortunately Amazon does not agree and won't let it happen. Amazon really doesn't care at all what sellers want, only what they want. You can file a SAFE-T claim and attempt to get back 50% of the item cost.

user profile
Seller_AHNAlEEyQadIQ

Nothing makes more sense than to allow us to block bad buyers

user profile
Seller_nI0Bybm4Nycba

amazon will never allow that, as they are amazon customers not yours

user profile
Seller_hY40tLwm8O9jf

The customer would probably find a way around it and then give bad reviews plus do the same thing.

user profile
Seller_7Y2IuEiCllyYT

I am not trying to defend a customer, just a side note thought. I used to be a collector and it got out of hand at some point. I bought sealed sets without even watching them. Couple years later along the way I started opening the sets. And to my surprise one of the open sets had a cd missing. One set had a CD badly used. So, it can happen, since you cannot be 100% certain what was inside of your sealed CD set. Of course, there are people who do tricks that is also a possibility and somehow I feel a much higher possibility.

user profile
Seller_3RfyWAOZadDJJ

That's true. Sometimes, customer return one thing no reasons and refused to connect with you. Open an return and no reply to you. Then upgrade A-to-Z claim suddenly. Ridiculous.

user profile
Seller_Sram36TnVt73c

absolutely.

I was selling CDs for awhile too...constantly getting buyers swapping them out for a more common copy that i would get back in place of the rare special edition CD i shipped.

Now I get customers swapping out ptroduct ALL THE TIME...blatant thievery. Or overbuying party supplies and returning the unused portion as 'defective' or 'not as described'. It's really getting out of hand.

I file for reimbursements for all of these and I report the customers for abuse (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/abuse-submission/index.html). I think the reimbursements are REALLY what Amazon pays attention to because it affects their bottom line, so hopefully reimbursements for customer abuses trigger a flag on the buyer's account.

But why in the world we can't block theives ourselves makes no sense. They really have created an attitude of entitlement here and across the online retail landscape.

user profile
Seller_IFRrkIcoHoGF8

its disgusting how Amazon allows this abuse against sellers. Doesn't Amazon have common sense?

user profile
Seller_V4uvEVfSl4oay

Had this happen on a $2500 keyboard once. Customer fully got away with it. We got educated quick. He tried to do it again a year later, we kept the old returned keyboard and never refunded. We did everything we could to try to punish the customer after the first time but nothing stoppped them from trying it again!

user profile
Seller_ENBrTBTSn3PDq

What really bothers me is when a buyer lies about or steals a religious item. Not that they should be perfect because none of us are.

But, I have had a buyer tell me the disc was not in a shrinkwrapped case and "if I send another one it probably won't be in that one either". Claiming she had bought several that were empty. No morals!!!

Go to original post