user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer needs a replacement BUT does not want to return the original item.

by Seller_KE5apw8117nC8

I am a new PL FBA seller on Amazon.

Once of my customer bought an baby blanket and reached out to me by saying the product shrunk post wash and also gave me few more negative pointers on the product, including how the baby has sensitive skin and had rashes after using the product. She wants a replacement/refund.

I said, ok and suggested her to undertake the process via the Amazon app and she can get a refund. I suggested not to do a replacement as her baby might get the rashes again.

Her response "since i already washed it I will keep it. My sister is having a baby and she can use the replacement blanket".

I know it is a scam, have you guys encountered anything like this? How did you handle it? What if they leave a negative review about the product on amazon?

Tags: Buyer messages, Negative reviews, Refunds
23 replies
23 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_LImVvUWeyiCfQ
In reply to: Seller_KE5apw8117nC8's post

user profile
Seller_KE5apw8117nC8
Show post
How did you handle it?

You quote Amazon's replacement policy to her as many times as it takes for her to get it through her scamming brain that no return = no replacement.

Reply initially that you would be happy to accept a return for a refund but as a seller, you're obligated to follow Amazon's policy, then quote the policy to her. That way you show her you know what you're talking about.

If she continues to contact you, reply with the same stated policy. Hopefully she'll eventually go away. Scammers are usually looking for easy marks and not someone they have to put much effort into getting them to cave.

If she contacts you numerous times, and especially if her story or reason changes, mark the message as no reply needed and report her.

As for leaving a negative product review, there's really nothing you can do to prevent that, if that's what she has in mind to do.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

I see you are avoiding replacement -- that's good.

Apparently she's fine with her sister's baby getting a rash!

Always operate as a good business should in your handling of customer issues, but never be swayed by fear of feedback or review -- nothing you do will prevent that if it is the sort of buyer who wants to manipulate you.

user profile
Seller_waD5es6ha7259

Dear Buyer,

I am sorry the item did not meet your expectations. Please use Amazon's return instructions as listed under orders on your account, the link is also on the packing slip as well. Once I receive the item back I will issue the appropriate refund per Amazon policy.

Once you begin the return process, feel free to order a replacement item if you so choose.

Regards,

Selller.

user profile
Seller_K8RhTCuRB5c03

Same here.. our customer acting dumb and leave us 1 star review because I don't send her another one. without returning the old product. Scam everywhere.

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

You may need to resort to what teachers call the "broken record technique".

Since this was FBA, you should be telling her that Amazon handles the returns, so she needs to hope an official return request. Once you tell her that a refund will be issued as soon as the return is made, if she keeps pestering you, simply repeat the exact thing you said before.

Do not engage further.

And Welcome to Amazon! May your sales go smoother in the future! (they almost certainly will).

user profile
Seller_Xu6SCMFzvUorn

so do not refund it - simple

user profile
Seller_WtOwWhtSrFjva

Tell her once that she will have to request a return. Then talk to her no more. Mark any emails as harassment and do not answer.

The blanket was not good enough for her baby but it is Okay for her sister??

For some reason I thought Amazon did not allow returns on things like this..

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

Very good scam, I must say. And of course, since you are using FBA, the buyer will get 2 for the price of one. At your expense of course.,

user profile
Seller_aEzr9PjpfpuxN

Yes you are being scammed

It is very simple no return no replacement or no refund

user profile
Seller_52pUzzgnsLDGs

She just wants one for her sister for free. No No No No No. Return or nothing.

Go to original post