user profile
Sign in
user profile

Asked Amazon- Send To Amazon Updates

by Wyatt_Amazon

On June 28th, we held an Ask Amazon live thread focused on answering seller questions about the Send To Amazon workflow. We heard your feedback. You now have more time to transition to the Send to Amazon workflow. The old workflow will remain available through October 16, 2022. You can make edits to shipments created with the old workflow through November 29, 2022 . Please also note that shipments on the old workflow will not be deleted and will be available ongoing as well. This revised date will be updated shortly on the Send to Amazon workflow welcome banner and help pages.

Additionally, leveraging feedback from the seller community, the FBA team has continued to incorporate suggestions and requests into the updated workflow. We will share more details on improvements next week as a follow up to our Asked Amazon event in July.

On the Send to Amazon home page in Seller Central, we invite sellers to join our seller council and share your feedback on features and updates to Send to Amazon.

Your comments, questions and concerns helped us make these updates. We appreciate all of your constructive participation and feedback and will continue to provide updates on further feature changes based on the feedback that has been provided.

Tags: Seller Central
51 replies
51 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_dn7C3zOSYPPIw
In reply to: Wyatt_Amazon's post

We need the ability to assign shipments (on the same workflow) to both Amazon Partnered Carriers and non-APC. It’d also be nice to send some of them via parcel.

Currently the Send-to-Amazon workflow makes you select one or the other… which is not a viable option if I’m looking to send a full truckload to a FC 30 miles away, and LTL (or UPS) shipments to FCs across the country. APC full truckloads have never been particularly competitive with either pricing or reliability.

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

We do not want this new system.

I have created this thread to give specifics on the problems Amazon is creating.

The first thing that needs to be done is keep the old system until we are well clear of Christmas season. Now is not the time to learn a brand new system.

Amazon cut our unit storage to below where we need for November/December. We do 50% of our sales in those months. We need simple and the old system works.

I spent years creating a system to manage how much inventory we keep in FBA. Your new system blows up that system and unnecessarily.

user profile
Seller_S325opeZawMga
  1. Need to be able to name workflows upon creation
  2. Need to be able to load case pack information (dims/weights/qty) in bulk
  3. Need to better generate packlists – the old packing lists were perfect. Literally just copy it.
  4. Need to have 2D barcodes available
  5. NEED to have storage category labeled on SKUs within a workflow. If I exceed limits within a storage category, there’s no way of easily knowing which SKU is the culprit without manually checking each one.
  6. Need to be able to modify quantities after loading with a file upload. Right now you can only modify quantities when you added SKUs to a workflow manually.

To be frank, it looks like you did not consider the vendor-warehouse relationship. The biggest vendors on Amazon have their own warehouses or 3PLs, and need to easily communicate orders. The old workflow generated a packing list with a destination, very easy.

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

Fantastic news. I don’t have to give up on FBA quite yet!

But I have one nagging question, which is the result of having been a programmer in a former life, that I have yet to see answered:

“What problem is being solved by this change?”

user profile
Seller_UNEafkfdd0cjS

We understand that amazon doesn’t want us to erase entire shipments after they are generated. This is something we have adhered to from the beginning. Being able to erase entire lines, and adjusting qtys per case pack without decreasing the total number of units sent on individual shipments is paramount to us. Is there a possibility that this will be implemented into STA workflow in the future? thanks for you feedback!

user profile
Seller_DCFkzXP9HeKJd

I am a small seller. I send 1 BOX shipments of several ASINs - used books. I never send anything else. It has always been a problem when my 1 BOX shipment has been split. I have no intention of sending 1 item to a separate fulfillment center at a much greater per unit cost. In Send to Amazon, I finally figured out how to delete the 1 item so I can replace it with an items that will be accepted to my 1 BOX. So, that problem is rectified. I still hate Send to Amazon and will continue to use the old system until I am forced to change.

• I have noticed in Send to Amazon that my 1 BOX is more often sent to a fulfillment center that is much further away and thus costs more to ship. I have had my shipments directed to the same Henderson NV facility almost exclusively for the last 2 years or more. I fail to see how sending my 1 BOX across the country can help Amazon. In both cases the books will be sorted and sent to other centers. It just costs me extra.

• I have always wished that shipments of 1 BOX were immune to splitting into more than one shipment - especially when it is items like used books and/or media and especially when the box is under a certain weight (say 35 lbs) and a certain item count (say 30 individual items).

user profile
Seller_Om4IZ0kZUnFbF

The invitation to join the seller council seems to have disappeared.

user profile
Seller_qJ5kGGsQ4lrrx

Thank you.
But the STA still has a lots issues…
It is not nice if we have lots SKUs, it is no good at all.

user profile
Seller_TUpQmgN2h4Ifz

Hello, the goods I sent to Amazon’s FTW1 warehouse have been successfully delivered 60 days ago, but so far my goods have nowhere to go. I have opened multiple cases but no one has helped me investigate. can you help me? please.
You can view case ID 10679179431. Some cases have been opened for more than 30 days without any response.

user profile
Seller_EvILRTz0rQ5dk

Gentlemen,

I know everyone is likely preoccupied with preparing for the busy season, but I just wanted to remind the Amazon team that the new ‘Send To Amazon’ page is still junk and virtually none of the crucial problems have yet been addressed.

I just don’t want the recent silence in these threads to give the Amazon team the impression that anything has been resolved. This is still a disaster and at the very least the deadline needs to be pushed until AFTER the holiday season, so that everyone has time to get their sales in. Then we can worry about transitioning to this new system during the off season. I believe that is a fair compromise. I’d like to remind that we are in the middle of a crippling economic recession, and many sellers as it is are having a hard time keeping head-above-water.

However small this % of affected sellers may be, it is still unjust. I understand that for many, this new system works, but we deal in large individual SKU numbers and the cold season is our bread & butter; we do not have time to completely overhaul our logistics before the holiday season. This is projected to cut our sales by about 40-50% this quarter. Amazon will be losing revenue on their end as well since they wont be able to collect fees from us.

If anyone else is still facing these issues as well, I ask that you speak up alongside me. Amazon will interpret our silence as complacency.

Best Regards

Go to original post