user profile
Sign in
user profile

Changes to shipping charge corrections for seller-fulfilled returns

by News_Amazon

Starting January 14, sellers will be responsible for any carrier shipping correction charges on customer returns of seller-fulfilled orders caused by incorrect return label information.

Carriers may issue shipping correction charges after a shipping label has been purchased. This can happen when the dimensions or weight do not match the values you provided, or when your return address is invalid. Return shipping corrections can result in a positive or negative credit depending on whether you over or under paid.

We have previously absorbed these charges, but in line with industry standards, sellers will soon be responsible for shipping corrections for seller-fulfilled returns.

From January 14, your account will be charged, or credited, if:

• The dimensions, weight, or both, of your product return are incorrect: If the product returned by the customer has physical attributes that do not match your product listing or outbound shipping, you will be charged or credited for the difference in cost between the label you paid for and the correct label cost.
  • Your return address is incorrect or invalid: If your return address is undeliverable, the carrier will charge a $18 fee for every package that could not be returned. Your return address must be in the same country as the store you sell in, and must accept return packages.

If any of your ASINs receive a shipping correction charge due to incorrect product attributes, return address, or both, you will receive a monthly email notification with a detailed report. If you do not receive an email, you did not incur any shipping correction charges.

To avoid these charges, make sure your products’ dimensions, weight, and return address are listed correctly in Seller Central.

To update your return address, go to Return Settings.

To learn more about this change, or to get help adjusting your dimensions or weight, go to Shipping correction charges for seller-fulfilled returns.

Tags: News and Announcements
4.1K views
650 replies
650 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Yvu9QfhV55nVu
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

How can I ensure that the buyers will not return my small items in an oversize box ?

user profile
Seller_EaXxdawRo2l6o

Speaking of shipping charges, why was I just charged a shipping charge to return a fashion item to a seller who fulfills their own orders? I assumed because we pay on all fashion item returns that Amazon isn’t charging the customer for return shipping. How bizarre!

user profile
Seller_1XJmMkfB8QXEi

So another tool for bad actors. Order a product. Get a free return. Repack it in a box 10xs bigger. Seller is out the product, the shipping, the fees, the return fees, and the extra return fees. Is there anything else Amazon can do to screw sellers more than they have? They’ve gotta be running out of ideas at this point!

user profile
Seller_JSkKTxOgzk1ON

What about when a customer returns the wrong item. Instead of a door handle they return a massive bumper cover in a box. Now I have to pay for that wrong item and the oversize charges for the wrong item???

user profile
Seller_0FiNo1iarfjnq

user profile
Seller_rSX5Xca68Ebsr

lol

user profile
Seller_4do5YKL0wqmxm

Lovely. Another way for Amazon to cater to scammers, and screw over sellers.

user profile
Seller_KMtVw2ZdlkMMu

Customers often return products in different packaging. I have never received a return in packaging anywhere as good as what I used. Just wait for the charges to start rolling in.

user profile
Seller_rSX5Xca68Ebsr

So maybe the solution to this is to TRIPLE your dimensions, and weight for all FBM products, (works best if you do not use BUY SHIPPING), as one may need to make an adjustment each time, while on ShipStation (at least), you can modify the weight for each item within the SS database, and by-pass the bogus weights altogether

user profile
Seller_Ed9tvraJKv7wu

Came here to see how the forums would respond to this, was not disappointed.

Go to original post