user profile
Sign in
user profile

AND NOW FOR SOME GOOD NEWS: Amazon doing their job removing bad actor reviews.

by Seller_GDKePtFy3qjdI

I received an official Amazon email for the first time saying that they removed some reviews from my listings that were Identified by Amazon as being written by seller competitors who were writing bad reviews about my product to manipulate my sales downwards. They were violating Amazon rules and got caught. Probably got their accounts shut down. I am grateful for Amazon's diligence. It sort of renewed my hope that the system can work. Helium10 confirmed the reviews being removed in one of my alerts. During Covid my product line was one of the only ones in stock. I had 80% marketshare. Now I'm down to maybe 2% marketshare because of the influx of sellers in this space. But, good riddance to Bad Actors. Stay in your lane and you'll be ok. Do the right thing.

Tags: Account users, Product authenticity
22 replies
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_0qyRtqm32cQSi
In reply to: Seller_GDKePtFy3qjdI's post

I've been getting these quite frequently as well, I have mixed feelings about it. Every time it happens I can't help but wonder why they were allowed to post the review in the first place

user profile
Seller_LVZcgxAgZ2xBv

user profile
Seller_GDKePtFy3qjdI
Show post
Probably got their accounts shut down.

Don't count on it. As we've seen over and over again, accounts that flagrantly break TOS are regularly reinstated even if they're caught. After filing a POA and/or whining on social media to get reinstated, some go right back to what they were doing before, changing up their methods to avoid detection.

user profile
Seller_iXw50L9Mz89Oj

Good news, Amazon also removed a bad review for the same reasons, Amazon is finally supporting our requests.

user profile
Seller_vKH2YDpdKTOPK

Did you file to ask for it to be removed, or did Amazon identify and remove it unilaterally?

user profile
Seller_mFUNUCCYB0cok

Yep! The Chinese will copy, cheat and steal and eventually take over the marketshare of your product. Get your sales while you can!!

user profile
Seller_6Y9FIKsJxDTiQ

If they're Chinese accounts (which most likely are), they can just create gazillions of accounts even if they get suspended, while we are stuck with one account. ONE account. If Amazon should just prioritize and protect (not bully or fleece) US seller accounts than Chinese accounts, I think they will be in better position and US sellers will think twice about leaving, but now, they are setting up their own websites, and moving away from Amazon to other marketplaces.

user profile
Seller_oDXVaydIpi3Hi

The sad thing is this one case of it happening means there are 100 others that didnt, and 100 people who got nailed when they didnt do anything wrong, too.

user profile
Seller_TvaTXH61RRGLO

Thank you but we are not interested in using Helim10

user profile
Seller_Y34lt3iiQs92G

I have 3 (2 star reviews) because customer is complaining about I never offer. It is crystal clear (text and picture) and leaving me 2 star review because HE THOUGHT I WOULD INCLUDE THAT.

I try to remove this but Amazon does not even respond to that.

Any tips? highly appreciate that

user profile
Seller_1oT4ZOwrSByEE

i still dont understand why people can leave a review without buying something, we launched a brand new product and had a 1 star before we sold any, hrm i wonder who would do that?

amazon wouldnt help

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post