user profile
Sign in
user profile

Priority Mail Price Increase with Buy Shipping

by Seller_VFwhqdtFEo1gS

Is it just my imagination, or has Amazon Buy Shipping 'jumped the gun', and increased the cost of Priority Mail shipping, 9 days earlier than they should have? According to Pirateship, the price increase is supposed to happen on Nov. 18th.

Tags: Seller fulfilled, Shipping, Shipping costs, USPS
45 replies
45 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_iFsHzWds1kKaz
In reply to: Seller_VFwhqdtFEo1gS's post

Greed. Take the money while they can.

user profile
Seller_VFwhqdtFEo1gS

I've noticed that now Amazon Buy Shipping (as of today, Nov. 14th), for USPS Ground Advantage Cubic, is now sometimes *cheaper* than the exact same shipping weight/dimensions, as compared with Pirateship.

Not sure how long this will last, or if it's another glitch, given that the postage is supposed to increase on Nov. 18th.

user profile
Seller_VFwhqdtFEo1gS

Welp, today, Nov. 15th, I see that Amazon is *again* showing the higher rates for Priority Mai, that aren't supposed to take effect until Nov. 18th...

@KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_ZDUFw1qRNIbgB

prices still are NOT fixed, paying 8.05 for flat rate envelope...where will we find the refund that Amazon issues us for this mistake on all the ones we've already printed?

user profile
Seller_8WD90AQIKKxcQ

I noticed that the medium flat fate went up 75 cents to 14.75.

user profile
KJ_Amazon

@Seller_VFwhqdtFEo1gS @Seller_H8mcOGPpjwNNy @Seller_8WD90AQIKKxcQ @Seller_ZDUFw1qRNIbgB and all other sellers asking about USPS rate changes.

I received confirmation that the USPS Holiday Rate Changes have gone into effect. These include the increased rates for Priority Mail and Priority Mail Flat that were reported yesterday.

The good news is that USPS will not be charging surcharges this holiday season, and there are rate decreases for Ground Advantage.

You will be receiving more detailed information about these updates soon.

KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_xN8zmYAKKgoX2
In reply to: KJ_Amazon's post

There are NO HOLIDAY rate increase for 2023 per USPS. Please include a link from USPS that state such a Holiday increase. I have even talked to the Postmaster in this area. No increase whatsoever until January 2024.

user profile
KJ_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_xN8zmYAKKgoX2's post

@Seller_xN8zmYAKKgoX2 You will be receiving an email with more detailed information about these changes.

user profile
Seller_H8mcOGPpjwNNy

While I appreciate you sharing this info for the benefit of other sellers, I already knew about the lack of Holiday Rate surcharges for this year.

Can you please explain why Amazon would be increasing the rates in advance of the 18th when I could (and did) prepare labels on both Ship Station and Pirate Ship for the lower amount on priority shipments? I did the comparisons along the way and only Amazon was charging more.

I'm not trying to be difficult here but it seems very strange and suspect to me, sorry.

Thank you.

user profile
KJ_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_H8mcOGPpjwNNy's post

USPS provided flexibility to these rate changes due to the proximity to the business holiday shopping season.

Please note that the rate changes included decreases for Ground Advantage pricing as well as the Priority Mail increases. The potential for seller savings outweighed the increases in Priority.

user profile
Seller_H8mcOGPpjwNNy

This is a reasonable analysis for those sellers who utilize both Priority and Ground Advantage. It just didn't look good on the surface.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am impressed. (not that this matters! lol)

user profile
KJ_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_H8mcOGPpjwNNy's post

It definitely matters to me @Seller_H8mcOGPpjwNNy. I appreciate all feedback, positive and negative and anything in-between.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post