user profile
Sign in
user profile

And there go textbook sales

by Seller_CRAHk6FHN1cLe

Hello,

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we have implemented additional restrictions for Textbook products. Effective 2/26/2024, you will not be able to list the affected products, and your listings will be removed. This action does not impact your account health.

How do I reinstate my listings?

You are not approved to list Textbook products and we are currently not accepting applications.

Were your listings removed as a result of an error?

If you believe your products have been misclassified within a certain category or sub-category that requires approval, please contact Selling Partner Support with evidence, such as product pictures, to support this claim. Amazon will review your claim and make a final determination that will ensure the best shopping experience for our customers.

What happens if I do not take action?

If no action is taken, the affected listings will not be available for sale in the Amazon store.

Can I sell my remaining FBA inventory?

If you have remaining inventory of the affected products in Amazon fulfillment centers, you may continue selling your remaining inventory until 2/26/2024. After this date, you will need to create a removal order. For help in creating a removal order, see the following Seller Central help page:

We're here to help

For more information about products that require approval, search for Categories and Products Requiring Approval in Seller Central, or see:

Sincerely, Seller Performance Team

Tags: Product removal
76 replies
76 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Um5YQhonr6fJv
In reply to: Seller_CRAHk6FHN1cLe's post

I got it too.

I think certain, but not all, of my textbook listing have been completely wiped from my inventory.

So...I guess I'll have to do a complete inventory of my thousands of books to figure out which ones.

Fun times.

user profile
Seller_XSqPquQH4FvW1

Yes, I just got this. So who does get to list textbooks? Megasellers who make a deal with Amazon? And how does this improve customer experience to reduce the competition? Presumably prices will go up. And how will they define a "textbook"? I hope Amazon is sending a list removed textbooks from my listings.

On the other hand, textbooks make up about 90% of my returns, so this will at least cut back on return hassles.

user profile
Seller_XSqPquQH4FvW1

Maybe a moderator could explain the removal process? Glad I'm not doing FBA.

user profile
Seller_xOdiyB72SqRi2

I received this same email just a few minutes ago as well. I've been a full-time textbook seller on Amazon for 22 years. Sure would be nice if a moderator could tell us what is going on and if there is a way to get reinstated?

user profile
Seller_mEZxsgWsjTaNK

I just got this email too. I have been selling textbooks full time for 8 years with no issues. This is so awful... they are completely wiping a lot of us out who do this to feed our families. Can anyone help???

user profile
Seller_8TlCpNhHELXAz

I am all FBM and I got the same email. I checked my inventory and all my textbooks are still active

user profile
Seller_sNpmfbRsQr05Y

Not a huge affect on my business thankfully, but horrible for so many other legit sellers. I guess I understand the thinking, so many counterfeit textbooks out there these days. Still, same-day notice?!? Could it be handled by Amazon any worse?!?

So what exactly is a "textbook"?? Certain textbooks only? Current editions only? Books that can be sold to the public but often used in college classes? K-12 textbooks?

The very few textbooks we have online at Amazon are still there as of NOW. (They are older editions.) Would we find delisted textbooks under "inactive" in inventory?? If not, how would one find them?

user profile
Seller_JKIXE95CHdjVT

What the actual !!!!! You've got to be kidding!!!

I just went to ship out an FBA shipment that was already together and 4 items got flagged for removal. Just a little bit of work and I find this. Amazon implemented the restriction on textbooks on the same day they sent the email? This is how a trillion dollar company operates and treats its third party sellers that have been with them for 15 years?

This is dirty.

user profile
Seller_wKOo7rQGTosvt

Is this message in error? I am FBM and my email had no listings mentioned in the email? What are considered textbooks?

user profile
Seller_ddndF0Xb65JPg
This post has been deleted
Go to original post