Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Cooper_Amazon

Listing Branded Products on Amazon

To list a registered branded product on Amazon and avoid IP complaints for trademark violations, you will need a Letter of Authorization from the brand or manufacturer that states that you may sell their products on Amazon. If you are unable to provide a Letter of Authorization from the brand or manufacturer, you may provide a valid Manufacturer or Verified Supplier invoice to prove that you are buying directly from the manufacturer or authorized distributor. This applies to every single branded product you intend to sell on Amazon that is enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry.

To obtain approval to list a registered branded product, complete a selling application in Seller Central by navigating to Add Products under the Catalogue tab in the top left corner and then click Apply to Sell under the specific product you intend to list. An application may require document requests (including a Letter of Authorization or Verified Supplier invoice), performance checks, and other qualifications. This is designed to ensure that customers can shop with confidence in Amazon’s store, knowing that products are safe and authentic.

For more resources on how to obtain approval for a registered brand product and list on Amazon, see Apply to Sell a Product, Category or Brand and Sell with a Registered Brand on Seller University.

11 replies
Tags:Add a product, Listing deactivated, Listings
0 replies
user profile
Seller_vSOOwekJLU6c0

Unfortunately, there is more to this.

Im sure you have communicated the correct process and policy.

The forums wont let me post more details about this process due to "Inappropriate language"

user profile
Seller_dSTVjMXTY4mVk

My brand is registered all over the world and also amazon as well, we checked that any seller can easly list my products and system do not ask Apply to Sell etc.

So how we can do this so not everyone can list

user profile
Seller_HN6IMoitIKcW6

I believe we would echo many other sellers about the frustrations, and issues we have had with Amazon's Branding system. However I think a better use would be to pose a Question

How are 3rd party sellers like us supposed to be approved for older brands that no longer exist? For Example Brands that have gone Bankrupt, especially for old media items, books, movies, video games, audio CDs, etc.

user profile
Seller_Lu3bFSNnS57zM

That right there is exactly what is WRONG with Amazon. Giving FALSE information in the very FIRST SENTENCE. Your own policies do not even reflect what you are saying.

NO you dont need a BRAND AUTH to AVOID IP complaints because even with BRAND AUTH, they still come.

Amazon requires a VALID invoice coming of a verifiable source. They will even accept a sales receipt in some cases which is Retail Arbitrage.

Your entire "Advice", if accepted as gospel, would help turn away what would be legitimate business.

user profile
Seller_aUbEyzlSSnsDJ

Can you explain the difference between a Brand, a Copyright and a Trademark, also why does amazon accept TM applications instead off approved TM applications. Lots of sellers would love to hear your, or should I say Amazons answer.

Thanks

user profile
Seller_z1JDNz6de1lqc

Amazon does not understand multi branded products many items you have one brand making an item which features another brand comes down to it it is simpler to list on other platform.

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Cooper_Amazon

To list a registered branded product on Amazon and avoid IP complaints for trademark violations, you will need a Letter of Authorization from the brand or manufacturer that states that you may sell their products on Amazon. If you are unable to provide a Letter of Authorization from the brand or manufacturer, you may provide a valid Manufacturer or Verified Supplier invoice to prove that you are buying directly from the manufacturer or authorized distributor. This applies to every single branded product you intend to sell on Amazon that is enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry.

To obtain approval to list a registered branded product, complete a selling application in Seller Central by navigating to Add Products under the Catalogue tab in the top left corner and then click Apply to Sell under the specific product you intend to list. An application may require document requests (including a Letter of Authorization or Verified Supplier invoice), performance checks, and other qualifications. This is designed to ensure that customers can shop with confidence in Amazon’s store, knowing that products are safe and authentic.

For more resources on how to obtain approval for a registered brand product and list on Amazon, see Apply to Sell a Product, Category or Brand and Sell with a Registered Brand on Seller University.

11 replies
user profile

by Cooper_Amazon

11 replies
0 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_vSOOwekJLU6c0

The forums wont let me post more details about this process due to "Inappropriate language"

user profile
Seller_dSTVjMXTY4mVk

My brand is registered all over the world and also amazon as well, we checked that any seller can easly list my products and system do not ask Apply to Sell etc.

user profile
Seller_HN6IMoitIKcW6

I believe we would echo many other sellers about the frustrations, and issues we have had with Amazon's Branding system. However I think a better use would be to pose a Question

How are 3rd party sellers like us supposed to be approved for older brands that no longer exist? For Example Brands that have gone Bankrupt, especially for old media items, books, movies, video games, audio CDs, etc.

user profile
Seller_Lu3bFSNnS57zM

That right there is exactly what is WRONG with Amazon. Giving FALSE information in the very FIRST SENTENCE. Your own policies do not even reflect what you are saying.

NO you dont need a BRAND AUTH to AVOID IP complaints because even with BRAND AUTH, they still come.

Amazon requires a VALID invoice coming of a verifiable source. They will even accept a sales receipt in some cases which is Retail Arbitrage.

Your entire "Advice", if accepted as gospel, would help turn away what would be legitimate business.

user profile
Seller_aUbEyzlSSnsDJ

Can you explain the difference between a Brand, a Copyright and a Trademark, also why does amazon accept TM applications instead off approved TM applications. Lots of sellers would love to hear your, or should I say Amazons answer.

Thanks

user profile
Seller_z1JDNz6de1lqc

Amazon does not understand multi branded products many items you have one brand making an item which features another brand comes down to it it is simpler to list on other platform.

user profile
Seller_vSOOwekJLU6c0

user profile
Seller_vSOOwekJLU6c0

user profile
Seller_dSTVjMXTY4mVk

user profile
Seller_dSTVjMXTY4mVk

user profile
Seller_HN6IMoitIKcW6

user profile
Seller_HN6IMoitIKcW6

user profile
Seller_Lu3bFSNnS57zM

user profile
Seller_Lu3bFSNnS57zM

user profile
Seller_aUbEyzlSSnsDJ

Thanks

user profile
Seller_aUbEyzlSSnsDJ

Thanks

user profile
Seller_z1JDNz6de1lqc

user profile
Seller_z1JDNz6de1lqc