user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to Report a Violation through Amazon Brand Registry

by Sandy_Amazon

When you enroll your brand in Brand Registry, you automatically unlock access to our powerful Report a Violation tool.

Rights owners can easily search our entire catalog for potential intellectual property (IP) infringements like copyright, patent, or trademark violations. Accurate submissions drive our feedback loops to improve our protections and automatically block violations before they impact your brand and customers.

Ready to learn how to complete and submit reports through Report a Violation?

Good—that means you’re the right place.

The Report a Violation tool covers three types of intellectual property violations: copyright infringement, patent infringement, and trademark infringement. Review the guidelines below to learn more about each, as it’s important to know which one to select to report correctly.

Copyright infringement

• We recommend you complete a test buy to confirm the product or packaging uses your copyrighted work. If you receive the item and confirm the product or packaging uses your copyrighted work, enter the order number in the “What is the Order ID number?” field under “Additional information.”
  • If your copyrighted work is not yet registered with the USPTO, you can provide a link to an example of the work by selecting “Link to copyrighted work.” Alternatively, you can provide a detailed description of the copyrighted work by selecting “Description of copyrighted work.”

Patent infringement

• Ensure you’re providing a valid patent number that’s active and enforceable in the jurisdiction of the selected store.
  • If you select “Potential violation of my utility patent,” then you must have a court order, International Trade Commission (ITC) order, or Amazon Patent Evaluation Express (APEX) ID to complete your report.

Trademark infringement

• Only trademarks added to your Brand Registry account and those enforceable in the jurisdiction of the selected store (for example, United States Patent and Trademark Office (USTPO) for amazon.com) can be selected. If you don’t see a specific trademark in the drop-down menu, ensure that you’ve selected content in the relevant store. You can also contact the trademark office to check if the trademark has expired or been declined.
  • We recommend that you complete a test buy to confirm that the product or packaging uses your trademark. If you receive the item and confirm the product or packaging uses your trademark, enter the order number in the “What is the Order ID number?” field under Additional information.

See the Report intellectual property infringements help page for more information.

Additional resources

• Project Zero: Accurate use of the Report a Violation tool strengthens your automated protections and qualifies you for our advanced counterfeit protection tool, Project Zero.
  • Get additional trademarks: Sidestep trademark registration pitfalls by accessing our network of trusted IP law firms and get high-quality services at competitive rates with Amazon IP Accelerator.

Not yet enrolled in Brand Registry?

Amazon Brand Registry helps you protect your intellectual property (IP), manage the accuracy of your listings, and grow your business–for free. Simply enroll and share information about your brand. We will give you peace of mind by activating proactive protections that help stop bad listings and bad actors and provide you access to tools to help you protect and grow your brand. Enroll today!

Tags: Brand Registry, Brand Stores, IP Accelerator, Intellectual property infringements, Project Zero
26 replies
26 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_b10pMr5jRwBE9
In reply to: Sandy_Amazon's post

Sandy

How do we go about this sceneriao. A chinese seller has jumped into my listing selling copyrighted product. As you have mentioned, I went through the violation page and try to submit a claim. But the page wants me buy his product to prove it is counterfreit. If I buy and wait for his product which he ships FBM, it will take more than a month. That is a very long time to receive the product and in the meantime I loose sale and my listing gets jeopardized. How do we fix this scenerio?

Thanks

user profile
Seller_537YEAU36dIaL

Dear @Sandy_Amazonwe have an unauthorized seller on our branded ASIN. They are hijacking our branded ASIN and impacting our brand and business. We test ordered and they never ship our order. Submitted multiple violation reports and we got the same feedback that the order # is not valid. What should we do when they never ship the order to us? However, we see that they are shipping order to our brand customers from our store metrics...They intentionally not shipping the orders to us as they know we are the brand owner and can report them when we receive their materially different product. This is not the first time we have dealt with 7 unauthorized sellers and this one is tricky as they don't ship the order to us...

We truly appreciate any help you can offer.

Many thanks!

user profile
Seller_6tS1G5Hhc2Rm7

Hi,Sandy_Amazon

I am in desperate need of your help and firstly I am sorry to have disturbed you!

My branding application has been pending for a long time, can you help me to urge the branding team to review it as soon as possible, our company is under a lot of pressure because of this!

I was hoping you could help me!

Case ID: 13491184231

user profile
Seller_MsoHdk1N1i4gW

I am beyond shocked of what's happening with amazon brand protection. The whole idea of registering the brand with Amazon is to protect your listing from other sellers who keep on trying to hijack my listing, and I can create ads for my own listing.

but the reality, other sellers still can list their fake item under my registered brand name listing, while I was running ads, they took all my traffics and I didn't notice until a week later. I had to shut down thousands of $ of ads and wait for my case to be resolved. Moreover, I had to buy the item from the thief to prove my point! I mean, c'mon!!!!

user profile
Seller_YcQyrWkoJe6NU

Dear @Sandy_Amazon

I have an active trademark with USPTO. I am trying to get two hijackers off my listings.

I have read your posts and answers to other sellers several times and thank you for providing these helpful tips and advices to us.

I did a test buy and the product does not has a trademark and is of very low quality, very different from my listing description . You mentioned in your post, I should report "product not as described",

Do I go to Report a Violation, then choose "Trademark Infrigement"?

Thank you so much!

Katie

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post